Software For BlackBerry� Style� 9670 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2426 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2426
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.522
    Software Platform: 4.4.0.434
    File name: 9670AMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel2426_PL4.4.0.434_A6.0.0.522_S print_L.P.exe
    File size: 163.94MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here

------------------

Sprint L.P. Software Download Page
    04-22-11 03:38 PM
    is there anything that this update is suppose to correct? its great to see they didnt forget us too!! LMAO
    04-22-11 06:30 PM
    WebKit browser has made some changes, at least on WAP. You get a micro-font when the page loads. Click the trackpad briefly zips the page into Column View.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jiffy247 and darkangel07760 like this.
    04-22-11 06:54 PM
    Is it just me, or is the Style REALLY sluggish after this update? I installed using DM and did a battery pull afterwards and it just feels buggy and slow... Maybe another battery pull is in order? Any thoughts? BTW, so far the only changes I've seen are in the browser and device info menu. Any other changes found?

Update- after a second battery pull the sluggishness seems to be gone
    Update 2- I noticed that my clock is wrong. It was reading an hour ahead. I went into the clock settings and it showed everything as correct and it even showed the right time there, but when I went back to the home screen I noticed it was still wrong. I had to set the clock to manual.
    Last edited by danisnotstan; 04-22-11 at 11:40 PM.
    04-22-11 10:03 PM
    I usually recommend 3-5 battery pulls following an OS update, it seems to help an OS 'settle in'.

Now also have the flashing lightning bolt when charging, too.

04-23-11 12:23 AM
    1. Clock is setting an hour ahead
    2. Text messages showing out of or
    3. Some outbound phone calls a
    4. Browser not saving page logins

Looks like I'll be going back to .407!re defaulting to speakerphoneder in threadbut settings show correctWhat's up with this release?! I've had it installed for an hour and a half and I've already found 4 annoyances that didn't exist in .407.

04-23-11 12:27 AM
    Ok, make that 5 issues... I posted to the story about this update on the front page of crackberry and I copied and pasted it here... That garbled mess above is what pasted! Go to the original story and look at my post and you'll see what I mean... This is unacceptable RIM!

04-23-11 12:29 AM
    Mine was showing that I had to add data plan when trying to open Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace, but fixed after one battery pull.
    04-23-11 06:19 AM
    It seems faster for me.
    04-23-11 06:20 AM
    For the ones having issues with this update.... Are you guys doing wipe and clean install or are you over writing your current install?
    04-23-11 08:22 AM
    For the ones having issues with this update.... Are you guys doing wipe and clean install or are you over writing your current install?
    I just plugged it into DM and did a backup then hit the update button. I downgraded to .407 then re-installed .522 and it seems better. Ironically, when I went back to .407 Google was missing from Univeral Search. I then re-installed .522 and now it seems OK...hopefully it stays that way haha... I hate when "updates" sometimes break more things than they fix.

04-23-11 11:08 AM
    Does anyone know if this update fixed the security problem that people were saying to disable javascript?

04-23-11 11:12 AM
    This update seems to have broken Slacker. I can play one song, and then the player gets "stuck" and I have to manually skip to the next song.

Other than that issue (which is an annoyingly huge issue to me), I've noticed that there's more free memory (I've picked up 12MB).
    04-23-11 11:34 AM
    Humm, I just upgraded my style a few days ago. Oh well I have got time to kill today so I guess I'll be doing this upgrade, I'll report back if I find any problems.
    04-24-11 04:49 PM
    Everything works great for me, browser seems faster, no lag, entire phone seems snappier, better battery life....I did some shrinking and installed with loader.exe over previous os! 315mb free at reboot with 8-10apps

04-25-11 07:57 AM
    Everything works great for me, browser seems faster, no lag, entire phone seems snappier, better battery life....I did some shrinking and installed with loader.exe over previous os! 315mb free at reboot with 8-10apps

Dude... can you post your java folder somewhere? Or post a list of CODs you have in that java folder? Ive been trying to shrink but not sure which CODs to get rid of....

Im running 436 and the battery life sucks a*$
    04-25-11 10:56 AM
    The main problem with that is what works for me, may not work for you, depending on what you use on your phone! I always uninstall the os from my computer after I finish updating, but I'll try to re-install it and make a list in the next couple of days! If you need to know now, search the forum, there's list that people have made of cod's that are safe to remove...there's a really good list some where in the 9700 forums, in a thread with some really good tips. Try wiping your phone and re-installing the latest os, I've read a lot of people are getting good results with battery life doing that

House_Ape likes this.
    04-25-11 12:23 PM
    Thanks man... i appreciate it...
    04-25-11 02:02 PM
    I have 21 apps installed and have 286MB free after installing the latest Sprint update. I installed straight from DM.
    04-26-11 01:08 PM
    Anybody else missing the "crop & save" option in pictures? I'm not happy right now.

04-26-11 02:40 PM
    All is great for me, another noticible chage is the call log. When you open the call log you have a contact icon in the upper right hand corner of screen, you can toggle between contacts/call logs
    04-26-11 04:35 PM
    I have 29 apps and some themes, but only 150 MB free. Can someone remind me how to see if I have the old OS copy still on my phone and/or how to delete it if it's there? Thanks!
    04-26-11 05:17 PM
    I have 21 apps installed and have 286MB free after installing the latest Sprint update. I installed straight from DM.
    Are you sure you're looking at app storage? That seems really high for not doing any shrinking, when I did a straight install from dtm, it left like 240-250mb free app storage

04-26-11 05:39 PM
    I have 29 apps and some themes, but only 150 MB free. Can someone remind me how to see if I have the old OS copy still on my phone and/or how to delete it if it's there? Thanks!
    That's after clearing memory and rebooting? That does seem low, did you ota update? I guess depending on the size of the apps and themes you have its possible, I'd consider backing up your phone, wiping it, and then shrink this os down to what you need, install with loader.exe...I was able to free up 60-70mb from shrinking!

I also did some shrinking on a few 9330's, and given the base os size is a lot smaller file to begin with, one of them had 18apps and after shrinking was at 303mb, the others with less than 10 apps were at 330mb

Last edited by mrtouchedme; 04-26-11 at 05:48 PM.
    04-26-11 05:44 PM
    Has anyone noticed better battery life after this update? I'm seeing dramatically better results. The last two days I've gone through the workday and still had at least 1/3 of the battery left, whereas before I used to have to plug in for a charge around 2 or 3.
    04-26-11 05:57 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD