Same situation as you, I came from the tour 9630 to the Htc Evo 4G, had it for about a year. It was a fun phone, has cool apps/games. But as a real functional solid phone nothing beats blackberry imo. Tommorow I will be selling my Evo to a friend for $260 and picking up a style for $50 w/ my upgrade. Biggest thing I missed was the keyboard.
    I agree with you ......I just did the same thing sold my EVO 4g and just bought a BB Style my first BB which I now love so much better...for most of the reasons you mentioned.
    It just works so much better and "Makes Sense"...
    So far my favorite Apps are,

Poynt
    Opera Mini Browser
    Cue
    MP3 Ringtone Creator
    4 In A Row game
    Pandora Radio

Im still searching all the time for more...

enjoy your BB
    04-21-11 08:55 PM
    My favorite apps are

BerryWeather
    Opera Mini
    Tether
    Memory Booster
    Battery Booster
    One Touch Flashlight (side convenience key set to this)

As shown in the attached pic, I have all of my icons organized in folders. Unfortunately you cannot rename the folders that come with it and there aren't many options for folder icons, but it works. I have learned to ignore the stupid All/Favorites/etc. bar.

Also another picture showing home screen with my BerryWeather setup.
    04-30-11 08:33 PM
    Ray, if you don't like the All/Favorites/etc bars, you might want to try some of the themes available. There are many without that sliding bar, a lot with some really nice setups, features, and icons.
    05-01-11 12:37 PM
    Ray, if you don't like the All/Favorites/etc bars, you might want to try some of the themes available. There are many without that sliding bar, a lot with some really nice setups, features, and icons.
    I just haven't done much theme browsing. Thing is I don't want anything else to be different, I love the OS6 theme exactly as it is other than the bar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 11:49 AM
    Have you tried Pageless, Ray? It is the OS6 without the sliding panels, but everything else remains the same.

Here's the link to the theme in the Crackberry Store, if you want a look.

Pageless
    05-04-11 12:26 PM
    Have you tried Pageless, Ray? It is the OS6 without the sliding panels, but everything else remains the same.

Here's the link to the theme in the Crackberry Store, if you want a look.

Pageless
    Yes, I have tried it. That is my less-than-satisfied review on that page.
    05-04-11 09:04 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD