I just left android and jumped back into a blackberry. I liked the idea and look of the Style and wanted a smaller phone again, so it's a perfect fit. I'm just having to get back into the groove and get used to blackberry again.

Anyone willing to give some advice on what apps to use or anything else i can do to make the transition back to blackberry smooth and easy?

Thanks for any help, been reading online, but figured i'd ask around too.
    03-07-11 01:33 AM
    Welcome back. I use:
    TuneIn
    Berry weather
    Meter Berry
    Oh yeah, Quick Launch.
    Thanks for reminding me golfgal.
    Last edited by Dragon919; 03-07-11 at 07:06 AM.
    03-07-11 04:53 AM
    Hi, and hope you're enjoying your new Style! Here are a few apps that I like:

Berry Weather
    Mobile Checkbook
    Battery Icon
    Evernote
    Starbucks
    QuickLaunch
    03-07-11 05:34 AM
    But don't forget one of the best apps ever, Poynt!
    +1 for Tunein best Radio app I've ever tried.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jaxom; 03-07-11 at 09:57 AM.
    03-07-11 09:53 AM
    My "must have" app is Opera Mini! There are a few detailed threads in the Style forum about this. I love my Style, but the webkit browser was killing me!

03-07-11 11:23 AM
    There are no must have apps. There are only apps that you like and use.
    03-07-11 11:29 AM
    Berry Buzz (BeBuzz) is an excellent app. I second Poynt, and I also recommend Google Maps. Other than that, the apps really depend on what you use your phone for, and what from your Android you're missing most.
    03-07-11 12:40 PM
    I just left android and jumped back into a blackberry. I liked the idea and look of the Style and wanted a smaller phone again, so it's a perfect fit. I'm just having to get back into the groove and get used to blackberry again.

Anyone willing to give some advice on what apps to use or anything else i can do to make the transition back to blackberry smooth and easy?

Thanks for any help, been reading online, but figured i'd ask around too.
    Same situation as you, I came from the tour 9630 to the Htc Evo 4G, had it for about a year. It was a fun phone, has cool apps/games. But as a real functional solid phone nothing beats blackberry imo. Tommorow I will be selling my Evo to a friend for $260 and picking up a style for $50 w/ my upgrade. Biggest thing I missed was the keyboard.
    03-07-11 10:49 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions on apps. I'm gonna do some downloading here in a few. I miss a couple things from my Evo Shift, like the browser and a couple of games, but the style gets such better battery life and just runs smoother.
    03-07-11 11:08 PM
    Same situation as you, I came from the tour 9630 to the Htc Evo 4G, had it for about a year. It was a fun phone, has cool apps/games. But as a real functional solid phone nothing beats blackberry imo. Tommorow I will be selling my Evo to a friend for $260 and picking up a style for $50 w/ my upgrade. Biggest thing I missed was the keyboard.

If you liked the Tour's keyboard, I think you'll find Style's even better. Same width with taller keys, and very smooth typing, overall.

03-07-11 11:37 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions on apps. I'm gonna do some downloading here in a few. I miss a couple things from my Evo Shift, like the browser and a couple of games, but the style gets such better battery life and just runs smoother.
    If, by the by, one of those games was Angry Birds, we don't have that. What we DO have, though, is Angry Farm, which is pretty darn fun. It's about $5, and still a tad buggy (though better than before!), and the developer's promised free upgrades forever.
    03-08-11 04:38 AM
    I don't this Angry Birds would ever work on Blackberry, except maybe the Torch. But that game got old, was really fun, but after a while it gets tedious.

I've heard of Angry Farm and will grab that probably tonight. Just need to figure out why after doing the software update that my phone showed was available the outer lcd will not turn off. Hopefully there is a post about that i can find. Don't need to open a new thread if not necessary.
    03-08-11 02:30 PM
    I left my Samsung Moment just yesterday when my Style arrived. I know it's only been a day but I'm having major anxiety over it. I went from my Curve to the Moment and now back to BB Style version. I'm trying to be patient. There is just so much crap on the main screen and hiding it doesnt seem to be working because it's just making it faint. Will I ever like my Style? From the Moment to the Style everything social network wise seems very cartoony. Does that make sense? Ugh!

I loaded the majority of everything that I used on the regular from my Moment - Pandora, Horoscope, Yelp.
    03-08-11 02:42 PM
    I left my Samsung Moment just yesterday when my Style arrived. I know it's only been a day but I'm having major anxiety over it. I went from my Curve to the Moment and now back to BB Style version. I'm trying to be patient. There is just so much crap on the main screen and hiding it doesnt seem to be working because it's just making it faint. Will I ever like my Style? From the Moment to the Style everything social network wise seems very cartoony. Does that make sense? Ugh!

I loaded the majority of everything that I used on the regular from my Moment - Pandora, Horoscope, Yelp.
    Sounds like you're the one and only person who liked the Moment! Haha jk... I'm not sure what you mean by so much crap on the homescreen... It sounds like you know how to hide apps, but if you can still see them faintly then it sounds like you selected "show all" after you hid them? I also have a Hero and I can say that going back to BB from Android was kind of like a breath of fresh air. I love the Style for its solid build and effortless communication. Opera Mini helped bring the browser back to Android-like function. I suggest giving the Style some time... If you don't like it, luckily you can exchange it for something else.

ponitails likes this.
    03-08-11 03:06 PM
    Also, check out the themes. They can give your Style a cleaner look.
    03-08-11 03:21 PM
    LOL. Totally the opposite - HATED my moment and couldn't wait to go back to BB. I'll give it longer then 24 hours.
    03-08-11 03:27 PM
    Got it today, only thing I dislike about the keyboard is how much more flat it is compared to the tour but I knew this as i read it in a review or 2. Overall i LOVE the phone.
    03-08-11 08:57 PM
    I selling my blackberry 9700 and 8220 both @ 175.00 ,the running in perfect condition ,the 9700 have OS6 and a 16G sd card
    03-08-11 09:39 PM
    About a year ago I let my fiance talk me into an EVO. Didn't really like it so went to a Hero. I have found I don't really surf the net all that much and miss many BB functions. The Hero has so many issues and really lags.

I had to laugh at the "voice dialing" with the Hero. I had to search for the app, then speak the command. I was patiently waiting for the phone to speak to me and ask me to confirm the person I asked to call, but no luck. I had to look at the phone and use the touch screen to confirm. I though why the heck is it called voice dialing if I have to keep touching the darn screen!

My first BB was a curve 8330 and I miss it. It wasn't a perfect phone but it was so much more useful for what I needed. Anyway, I need a new BB with Sprint........so trying to decide which one and if I want to go with a used phone till my contract renewal or purchase the Style.

The only thing I will miss with the android is the screen size and being able to browse without Opera mini.

I have found I like the Qwerty keyboard better than the touch screen.

Any suggestions?
    03-14-11 08:54 PM
    The Style is really a lovely phone. The build quality is excellent, and there seem to be very few issues with the phone. Great sound quality, all the stuff you love about the old BB, plus an improved browsing experience. Not as spiffy as Android, but it's wholly acceptable. Or Opera Mini still works. Really, I love the phone and am glad I got it.
    03-14-11 09:58 PM
    Ah, so I see I'm not the only one jumping (back) to the BB ship. I'm tired of the Evo, and don't want to use an upgrade for Sprint's current line-up. Although, honestly, I am surprised that the Style is getting so much attention...
    Be Buzz was a great app for me
    Also, it was a toss up between Poynt and Where
    And Pandora is a must when you need to kill some time lol
    03-16-11 10:29 AM
    I too was a black berry curve 83 owner then had a 8900 then didn't have a cell then had a year of no cell phone. Came and got an andriod optimus liked it for a day then was ok with it for another week then started looking at black berries all day until I broke don took back the android and got my style and have been loving it ever since.

03-26-11 08:10 PM
    That's funny because i'm in that situation right now. I just got an android phone a week and a half ago and there's this itch in the back of my mind telling me to take it back for a BB. As much as I love my android phone, a keyboard and good battery life are most important to me after all. Lastly, the browser may not be as zippy, but with the amount of time I spend trying to type the url, I think I might get to the site quicker with a BB.
    04-14-11 05:53 AM
    If, by the by, one of those games was Angry Birds, we don't have that. What we DO have, though, is Angry Farm, which is pretty darn fun. It's about $5, and still a tad buggy (though better than before!), and the developer's promised free upgrades forever.
    Angry birds is available for bb.

04-16-11 09:55 AM
    Angry birds is available for bb.

Totally awesome!
    04-16-11 02:15 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD