I have 3 gmail accounts added to my BB Style

1 of those accounts has several labels/filters set up through gmail itself

On the front flip I get email notifications/previews, but none of my 3 gmail account "inboxs" show on the front flip.

What it does show is random emails from the 1 accounts "labeled" mail - not all of it, just one here, one there - one of filters receives up to a 100 emails a day, sometimes more ... but only a few of them get directed to the flip

However if I actually open the phone, and select the email account to open, NONE of those emails can be found/viewed -

How do I get it to show my inbox?

Can I get it to show the labeled/filtered mail IN the phone and not just the flip?

this has been posted in the BB support forums but no answers yet, so thought I would ask the experts

Any clues? Suggestions?

THANK YOU!
    11-12-10 10:17 AM
    Hmm this sounds like a confusing subject. Let me see if I can get all this straight. You have 3 email accounts set up, you get the notifications for the emails and can preview them on the outer screen, but when you open the phone you can't see the messages?

First off, have you tried pulling the battery to reboot the phone?

Secondly there is a gmail inbox extender for blackberry devices where you can manage all of your filtered messages and such, I believe. I had it on my older blackberries but never used it, so it's functionality isn't quite clear to me. But, it is designed to help you manage your gmail accounts more in depth. You may want to check it out here.

Have you tried looking for your emails in your Messages program, not just the email account icon/program? ARe the emails not in there as well?

BTW: Welcome to the Forums!
    11-12-10 10:31 AM
    You have 3 email accounts set up, you get the notifications for the emails and can preview them on the outer screen, but when you open the phone you can't see the messages?
    Yes, 3 email accounts set up. I do NOT get notifications/previews for any of the INBOX mail however - I DO get notifications for random filtered mail, for 1 of the accounts only.

First off, have you tried pulling the battery to reboot the phone?
    I got my 1st phone on Monday this week, it did this ... that phone died Wednesday and sprint had to replace it, this new one does the exact same thing, and yes, tried battery pulls with both

I havent tried the extender yet but will look in to that!

I have looked in the message folder, as well as the individual email folder - the only thing there is the "INBOX" mail - not the filtered mail that shows on the flip. I CAN preview the mail on the flip and if I flip the phone open while that mail is being previewed, it will open in full - but if I close the phone again, the mail is no longer on IN the phone

ALL the flip email remains on the flip, I dont know how to erase it.. We are up to 27 emails in 24 hours (but there were actually 159 emails received, so only random ones appear)
    11-12-10 10:39 AM
    Oyie this is a confusing one. As far as the email disappearing - are you sure you have POP enabled on all three accounts and not just IMAP? To me, this sounds like an IMAP setup. I'm gonna have to think about the flip problem some more and get back to you...
    11-12-10 10:47 AM
    It IS confusing!! they are all gmail accounts - it works fine on all previous phones/email accounts -

Its not that it "disappears" I dont think - the BB email box only shows INBOX mail - none of the mail goes to my inbox, it goes into a folder, and as of yet folders can not be viewed ( makes no sense to me why we wouldnt see the filtered label mail in the 1st place)

I believe thats why I cant see it when I open the phone and select messages/email

but that doesnt explain why it goes to the flip - and why doesnt my inbox mail go to the flip?

*confuzzeled as all get go!*

Thank You for trying to help/explain!!
    11-12-10 10:54 AM
    Oh I'm getting it now I think. No, it doesn't make any sense why you can see it on the outer screen but not on the device, but I think that Gmail Plug-in should help you out. Have you tried it?
    11-12-10 11:25 AM
    Yes Yes the gmail plug in seems to work
    11-12-10 03:47 PM
    Has it fixed your issue completely?
    11-13-10 12:16 AM
    nope not even close lol ... I just turned notifications off on the flip - I really only need to see the INBOX mail and it doesnt seem to work for that so - who knows
    11-13-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD