Just wondering how the sales are for the Curve. Are they good? Disappointing?

I'm in Canada and on Telus. Since I've gotten my phone, a guy from work has also bought one and I've probably sold a few other friends on it. (who are already blackberry users).
    01-25-11 02:11 PM
    Good question. I don't know, but I'd really like an answer because I, for one, am a bit disappointed in the Style. I'm surprised that I haven't read a lot more complaints on here about it. I'm impatiently waiting the next 9 months until I can upgrade to whatever Bold-type model is out by then.
    01-28-11 04:36 PM
    Until now Ive heard nothing but good things about it. Its sales are far above what was projected. It has been Sprints best selling smartphone lately even over the EVO and Epic! I tried one out and would love to have one. I think its a great device!
    01-28-11 04:58 PM
    Good question. I don't know, but I'd really like an answer because I, for one, am a bit disappointed in the Style. I'm surprised that I haven't read a lot more complaints on here about it. I'm impatiently waiting the next 9 months until I can upgrade to whatever Bold-type model is out by then.
    I'm curious to know what you find disappointing about the Style. I think there aren't a lot of complaints because, overall, it's a great phone and most people haven't found anything to cause significant complaints. The only thing I have seen is issues with echoes using some cases and a batch that seemed to have bad microphones. There just doesn't seem to be a lot to complain about.
    01-28-11 05:58 PM
    Just wondering how the sales are for the Curve. Are they good? Disappointing?

I'm in Canada and on Telus. Since I've gotten my phone, a guy from work has also bought one and I've probably sold a few other friends on it. (who are already blackberry users).
    seem it is a success here and they are now rolling out in other countries like India, Dubai, Malaysia etc.

BlackBerry Style 9670 Price | Price India
    01-28-11 07:06 PM
    The Style is one of my best selling BlackBerries. Remember that a huge percentage of the world still prefers clamshell style phones so the Style is a perfect choice for them when moving to a smartphone.
    01-29-11 01:20 PM
    The only thing I have seen is issues with echoes using some cases....
    The style causes an echo for the person on the other end without a case.

I've had 3 Style's.... they all have caused an echo.... I've never owned a case.
    01-29-11 05:41 PM
    I've loved clamshells since I had my Motorola StarTAC. I want a phone in my pocket not on my belt.

I had a Curve that held up well to being in a pocket but my Bold didnt like pockets at all.

I was in the store looking to go back to the curve when I saw the Style. Game. Over.
    01-29-11 08:40 PM
    I'm really suprised RIM hasn't been pushing this phone more. I see tons of adds for the torch and only a few on the style. I've had a number of people say, they didn't think there was a phone like that out there when I showed them mine.
    01-30-11 12:25 AM
    I haven't seen a lot of Sprint ads, period, and the ones I have seen are either for their Everything plan (the $69.99 one) or for the EVO. I have noticed an increase of ads for the Style, though, recently. Same shoe one; they might want to do another, but I think they're picking up on just how popular this phone could be and want to start advertising it more.
    01-30-11 10:55 AM
    There are more ad's playing now, but i's one of our better selling smart phones for sure
    01-30-11 11:49 AM
    I would buy an AT&T version in a heart beat. I do like my Torch, but would love the clamshell design.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 01:22 PM
    I would never buy a Style, I hate the form factor. But that's just my opinion
    01-30-11 01:27 PM
    I've loved clamshells since I had my Motorola StarTAC. I want a phone in my pocket not on my belt.

I had a Curve that held up well to being in a pocket but my Bold didnt like pockets at all.

I was in the store looking to go back to the curve when I saw the Style. Game. Over.
    I feel the same way - too bad Verizon didn't pick it up as I would have jumped all over it.
    01-30-11 01:36 PM
    I actually ended my contract with Verizon early (and paid a hefty fee!) to get the Style, and I haven't regretted it for a second! It's an awesome phone.
    01-30-11 02:06 PM
    I would never buy a Style, I hate the form factor. But that's just my opinion
    Wow, I wish I would have read that before I bought mine..... Now I have a phone I love that supreme leader Matrix would never buy.

Thanks for sharing
    AnthroMatt likes this.
    01-31-11 08:55 AM
    I loved my Style and I will miss it

01-31-11 09:31 AM

Wow! Bye, and enjoy your new phone.
    01-31-11 09:43 AM

Awwww! What happened?
    01-31-11 10:27 AM
    Just thought I'd bump this Thread to get an update from Sprint people on how well the Style is selling,especially with so many new smartphones planning to be released.
    04-06-11 01:14 PM
    My brother was in Minneapolis recently and he was talking to someone in retail phone sales who said the Style is selling very well. I wish I had more details than that.
    jiffy247 likes this.
    04-06-11 03:09 PM
    The style causes an echo for the person on the other end without a case.

I've had 3 Style's.... they all have caused an echo.... I've never owned a case.
    I'm not so sure it's the Style, though. I had the same problem with a Sanyo phone, as did my spouse. We also sometimes has the same problem with his Motorola phone. With those phones, we were getting it 30-40% of the time. Resetting his headset (even though I was the one hearing the echo) usually fixes it. Since I moved to the Style, I've only had it happen once, and nowhere near as loud or persistent as before. Again, him resetting his Bluetooth headset made it go away. We haven't figured out the cause yet, but it's definitely not phone specific, at least not with us.
    04-06-11 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD