Hello,
    last month i'm buying a brand new 9670 but bad esn.
    i'm using in Indonesia. i managed to flash the phone with local carrier. i can make a in and out both voice and message. but BIS can not active. it only show 1xev. when i tried to provisioning it always failed. it goes same with update profile.
    anyone can help? perhaps someone who experienced this before or maybe sprint rep can help to explain.
    thanks before
    05-15-11 11:58 AM
    Phones with Bad ESNs don't get internet access.

And you have to tweak the phone to work on a different network. Its a long and annoying process..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 12:16 PM
    any solution to this problem Sir? or maybe you know how to fix it.
    a detail if you don't mind.
    thanks
    05-15-11 07:12 PM
    I actually don't know exactly.
    The point is that the Bad ESN thing is the problem. They can't get Internet because RIM won't allow it.

05-15-11 07:52 PM
    yea the only way around it is to contact Sprint (assuming thats the carrier the phone came from) and somehow be able to get them to reactivate the ESN/PIN. who did you buy it from? ask them to try to get it fixed for you. you wont be able to use BB Data with a bad PIN/ESN.
    05-15-11 07:58 PM
    CMWII but i don't think its issued with PIN, since sprint can't flag my PIN, its out of they control. They just can flag my ESN/MEID onyl. Well the seller now have no longer registered. Thanks for you two. Anyone?

05-15-11 09:06 PM
    if the phone was reported lost or stolen, the ESN and PIN can be flagged by the carrier and RIM. if you can make phone calls and send SMS, then the ESN is not bad and is indeed working. if you cannot get BIS working, then that means the PIN alone is bad. but usually, on a CDMA device, both wont work if one is bad.
    05-15-11 09:16 PM
    if the phone was reported lost or stolen, the ESN and PIN can be flagged by the carrier and RIM. if you can make phone calls and send SMS, then the ESN is not bad and is indeed working. if you cannot get BIS working, then that means the PIN alone is bad. but usually, on a CDMA device, both wont work if one is bad.
    no offence Sir, but i do doubt if the pin is bad. since i do a few purchase blackberry 9650 used but bad esn. i don't really know either because unpaid bill or stolen/lost device, all the device are both sprint and verizon and it doesnt have any problem like this. not because i pop a sim card into device. but when i do flash to my local cdma carrier here it works like bomb.
    just because this style is a brand new, thats why everytime i provisioning it always failed.
    its just curiosity that this 9670 can't get BIS.
    05-16-11 02:44 AM
    or maybe you guys have any idea if i can get provisioned with BES?
    05-16-11 02:46 AM
    theres only two reasons your phone wont get BIS. a bad PIN or your carrier doesnt support the 9670 and you cannot get the service books working. you need to call your carrier and see if they can assist you.

can you log into your BIS account and see the 9670's ESN and PIN registered on the account?
    Last edited by dictoresno; 05-16-11 at 03:32 AM.
    05-16-11 03:28 AM
    last time when i'm trying to carrier cs i met someone who using style with that carrier. even i asked him to watch. but since no qpst/cdma workshop i have no clue. everything i do by the book. maybe its because bad pin but i do manage to register on carrier.blackberry.com its success, i tried to send service book, no luck. now i want to re-register but i can't because it still registered. i also can't login using username and password.
    any other idea Sir?
    05-16-11 06:21 AM
    Maybe you should stick to buying the Blackberry models offered by your carrier instead of buying stolen ones off the internet.
    I was gonna say that too but I didn't want to be rude.
    Thanks to you, I don't have to be rude.

But the 9670 is not available from other carriers. so just buy an unstolen version.
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 05-16-11 at 07:28 AM.
    05-16-11 07:25 AM
    somehow your handset isnt registering properly on the network. have you tried registering on the Host Routing Table yet then logging into Email Setup.
    05-16-11 07:27 AM
    well the problem is i really didnt sure if that was stolen since i got it complete with the box. also my carrier just offering 9630 thats all
    05-16-11 07:29 AM
    somehow your handset isnt registering properly on the network. have you tried registering on the Host Routing Table yet then logging into Email Setup.
    i believed since this device can get provisioning so when i go to Host Routing Table it show No Entries.
    i speculated that sprint pun on some barrier on their phone. i was never found any problem with verizon.
    also i do found 9670 os for india carrier but i cant downgrade, DM not recognize it.
    05-16-11 07:33 AM
    i believed since this device can get provisioning so when i go to Host Routing Table it show No Entries.
    i speculated that sprint pun on some barrier on their phone. i was never found any problem with verizon.
    also i do found 9670 os for india carrier but i cant downgrade, DM not recognize it.
    if there is no entries at all then the phone is not picking up ANY network. are you sure you can make calls? if so, there would be network entries in there.
    05-16-11 08:08 AM
    well i do 101% sure that i am picking network or otherwise how can i make and received text and call. we do here all manually. there is no OTA like you guys have. there is no dial *228. we did PRL using QPST or CDMA WORKSHOP.
    05-16-11 08:23 AM
    well then i dont know how else to help other than tell you to contact your carrier.
    05-16-11 08:30 AM
    yeah they can't assist me at all.
    thanks for your help. i really appreciate it Sir.
    05-16-11 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD