Hello all, Tomorrow mine and my wife will get our new BB Style and would like to know what apps would be good to get and basic all around use. Never had a BB before and do not understand some of the terms used on this board. Being new here I could really use the advice.
    06-26-11 05:55 PM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-help is an excellent starting place for new BB owners. Apps depend in large measures on your use of the device. There is no big hurry to get apps. Learn the device and your needs first is my advice.

That said BerryWeather and QuickLaunch are indispensable in my mind.

Welcome to CrackBerry and the wide, wonderful world of BlackBerry. Enjoy.
    06-26-11 06:54 PM
    BeBuzz: for "persistent" alerts, such as if you miss a phone call or text your BB will keep beeping every x minutes until you acknowledge it. One of those things ordinary cell phones have, but for some reason BBs don't. It can also give you a quick preview of incoming messages.

Some sort of third-party Alarm Clock. Without this, you can only set one alarm. If you wake up the same time every day of the week that's fine lol, but I'm guessing most of us get up at different times on weekdays and weekends. Again, weird the BB doesn't have it as most ordinary phones do.
    06-26-11 07:06 PM
    If there is one app everyone should download, it's the Opera Mini browser. The browser that came with it is a disgrace and I stopped using it entirely other than for streaming videos.
    leftcoaster likes this.
    06-26-11 10:51 PM
    Battery Watch is great for keeping tabs on the battery life/health
    06-27-11 11:55 PM
    Battery Watch is great for keeping tabs on the battery life/health
    Yes, my brother use it for a couple of months. And it really have a good battery life.
    07-11-11 12:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD