I have a BB Style.
    How can I stop emails opening when I flip open the phone?
    I want to open the phone and then open the emails.
    I search to see if there was already something on this one and didn't find anything.
    Thanks in advance!
    Barb
    06-18-11 11:41 AM
    Actually, there is a sort-of workaround. Set the notification cycle to brief. Then, wait until the preview has gone from the external screen. It doesn't take too long. If you open the flip after the envelope and the message preview have gone away, the inner display will show as normal, not open the messages, and you can open them at your own convenience.
    06-20-11 09:36 AM
    Actually, there is a sort-of workaround. Set the notification cycle to brief. Then, wait until the preview has gone from the external screen. It doesn't take too long. If you open the flip after the envelope and the message preview have gone away, the inner display will show as normal, not open the messages, and you can open them at your own convenience.
    In addition to this, while it is displaying on the outer screen you can use the up an down side volume buttons to make the message go away or scroll thru the unread messages.

If the outer display shows the preview, the message will open when you open the flip.
    If the outer display isn't showing the preview, the inner display will be normal when the flip is opened.
    06-24-11 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD