Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Decreasing Memory?

So I've transfer everything i have in my phone to the blackberry software desktop, and still my memory keeps decreasing. Its up to 8.5MB now and i don't anything on it just 4 apps. I don't have picture (expect the wallpapers it came with) nor videos or any voice overs. What is causing my memory to decrease so fast?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,859 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

could be an app/theme or settings,my phones loses memory also and one thing that really hammers the memory is appworld 3.0. Anytime i visit appworld i immediately got to my files/blackberry/appworld/images and logs and delete the folders. one vist to appworld can decrease your device memory anywhere from 5mb to over 20 depending how much time you spent surfing in appworld. My phone without appworld does lose memory though but not at a staggering rate.When this happens i just do a soft reset
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Thanked by:
    darkangel07760 (10-05-2011) 
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Sorry, I limit to friends.

Yep. You can hit ALT + RST (in My World) and that will reset App World's cache, free up the memory for you.
    ~Laura~
    Thanked by:
    darkangel07760 (10-05-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    PIN
    329DD889

How can I reset the cache. I can't open Appworld because it says "Uncaught exception java.lang.outofMemoryError"

I've had nothing but problems since the last updates.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,859 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Quote Originally Posted by Brn97CitronWran View Post
    How can I reset the cache. I can't open Appworld because it says "Uncaught exception java.lang.outofMemoryError"

I've had nothing but problems since the last updates.

Go to application folder then files then file folders then device/home/user/appworld and delete the img and log folders. I'm thinking you will see a significant gain in memory and also maybe even be able to enter appworld again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default alongkesuma

try check this out...
    hope will help u guyz

How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com