This pic just showed up at AndroidCentral:http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...id-smartphones The article and picture of upcoming EOL devices focuses on Android devices but tucked along with them seems to be the Style.
    07-26-11 10:45 AM
    I'm not really surprised.. Given that its the newest BB phone they have and with the OS7 devices coming out soon afterwards. Gotta make room for the new ones.
    07-26-11 10:59 AM
    It would be okay if they had a new clamshell design coming out but they don't. My husband, my son and myself all love the flip form factor and I dread going back to the bar style BB when my Style finally dies. Why don't more people like this phone or have they just never tried it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 11:48 AM
    They've just never tried it probably. Sprint priced it too high from the get-go. I love my Style and will be passing it on to my oldest daughter. She's been eyeballing it for months now. It'll be a HUGE upgrade from her rinky dink little 8330. It's a fantastic device that just never got the chance to show it's potential.
    Last edited by Kerri Neill; 07-27-11 at 09:58 AM.
    experiment 626 and lenrob like this.
    07-26-11 12:02 PM
    I never tried the style but I had the pearl flip and if they could speed it up I would still own one! I don't like paying for data on a phone like the flip when you can get a Android device that does so much more.

07-26-11 01:56 PM
    The Style's marketing was a major fail for RIM. Their TV ads should have targeted 18-40 year old females. Picture a teen BBM'ing with her friends, a group of ladies out on the town uploading a photo to Facebook, or a professional woman emailing and managing her busy schedule with her Style.

They could have had one about phone envy. A woman goes to work with her new Style and her coworkers admire it so much they want to go out and get one of their own.

RIM could have even played on the name... "Be stylish" or "Be stylin with the world's only flip smartphone...the BlackBerry Style."

Instead it starred a guy who sells sneakers. He flips his Style closed and slips it in his shirt pocket displaying the back of the phone on the outside. WTF???
    07-27-11 09:13 PM
    I would think the grey style would have outsold the purple one..?
    08-02-11 10:45 AM
    Aren't all the current blackberies near their EOL for carriers since the new models are being ushered in?

08-02-11 12:18 PM
    Sprint his discontinued the Style... just as I was about to buy one. I hate bar phones, but it appears I have no choice but to buy one.
    08-06-11 11:09 PM
    Youcan always get a new style from boost mobile @ 60$ month unlimited it Rox!

08-06-11 11:48 PM
    Saw two almost new ones on craigslist a couple days ago. They got snatched up fast!

There was some speculation of a Style 2 with a touchscreen and QWERTY, but it'll probably get the axe, unfortunately.

08-07-11 12:33 AM
    The Style's marketing was a major fail for RIM. Their TV ads should have targeted 18-40 year old females. Picture a teen BBM'ing with her friends, a group of ladies out on the town uploading a photo to Facebook, or a professional woman emailing and managing her busy schedule with her Style.

They could have had one about phone envy. A woman goes to work with her new Style and her coworkers admire it so much they want to go out and get one of their own.

RIM could have even played on the name... "Be stylish" or "Be stylin with the world's only flip smartphone...the BlackBerry Style."

Instead it starred a guy who sells sneakers. He flips his Style closed and slips it in his shirt pocket displaying the back of the phone on the outside. WTF???
    Birdman you are right on target! Women always stop me in the bathroom wanting to know what kind of phone I have! And if they don't ask, they certainly eyeball it when I lay it on the counter!

08-12-11 10:52 PM
    BTW I have the black style and its very sexy!

08-12-11 10:53 PM
    Question...my daughter has a style, her first BB and loves it. If it breaks with the insurance will she get another style or something else?? I was actually thinking about replacing my 8330 with the style simply becasue it was for free and an upgrade, however, I may wait to see if their is a new curve with the same style keyboard coming out.
    Last edited by robretpd; 08-18-11 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    08-18-11 07:28 AM
    Aren't all the current blackberies near their EOL for carriers since the new models are being ushered in?

Exactly, why is this a surprise to anyone?
    08-18-11 07:31 AM
    Question...my daughter has a style, her first BB and loves it. If it breaks with the insurance will she get another style or something else?? I was actually thinking about replacing my 8330 with the style simply becasue it was for free and an upgrade, however, I may wait to see if their is a new curve with the same style keyboard coming out.
    I had a problem with my Style and after taking it to the Sprint store where I live only a few weeks ago, they had a replacement sent to my house in about a day. This was the first week of October and they assured me although they didn't stock it in the store, they would get me one, and it was fast too. I had my old one for about 11 months at that point and they said whatever went wrong with my phone it wasn't my fault so it was no cost to me and a warrenty issue in my case. Insurance did not apply in my case even though I had it on there and still do.
    10-19-11 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD