I just ordered the blackberry style from sprint. i want to know if it can be converted to my boost account??????

someone please help me!

and if so, will everything work? ex: bbm, internet, email?
    11-12-10 01:55 PM
    I don't think you will be able to get it to work. Unless you some how hack the ESN number....
    11-12-10 02:19 PM
    negative. the style is a CDMA phone, which are typically locked to the carrier. Although I'm sure its possible to somehow switch it to another carrier, it likely involves some illegal actions.

GSM phones can be unlocked and switched from carrier to carrier

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 05:13 PM
    I just ordered the blackberry style from sprint. i want to know if it can be converted to my boost account??????

someone please help me!

It's possible... SPRINT owns BOOSTMOBILE... If you already have a "Blackberry Unlimited" account with boost with either the BB8330 or the BB8530 you MAY be able to change phones on your account after you have the BB Style "UNLOCKED" but there are no garranties.
    11-14-10 08:17 AM
    I highly doubt it. It seems that the Tour is the only device that's getting activated with Boost and that's not a 100% guarantee.

Nobody has had any luck getting the Bold on Boost CDMA so I wouldn't get my hopes up. There is something about the newer ESN's that prohibit them from being activated.
    11-15-10 08:40 PM

someone please help me!

I want to add a little more info to my previous post.... You need to have an account like I stated before; there is a feature that you can "add/change phones" in your account "online" go to that link with your new BB style ESN number and see if it accepted. THEN you'll actually know that your "BB Style" can work on Boost's CDMA network IS SPRINT's CDMA network...please post when you have done it.......Thanks

REMEMBER: Boost is made up of two systems: IDen and CDMA but no contract
    11-25-10 08:12 PM
    Are there any new updates to this discussion? I use the 8330 and 8530 I'd like to get the style to work with boost also. If anyone has any knowledge on this please update, ty
    12-30-10 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD