Is it possible to put a picture on the external display instead of the clock? I have seen pictures of the phone on the net with wallpaper on the external display and wanted to know if this is possible.
    12-11-10 09:54 AM
    Is it possible to put a picture on the external display instead of the clock? I have seen pictures of the phone on the net with wallpaper on the external display and wanted to know if this is possible.
    No. The external display only shows album art, mail icons, and the clock. There is no API to change it to do anything else.
    12-11-10 11:28 AM
    so with no api to change it, will there ever be a possiblity of a RIM update which will allow camera view on the external display? I mean, does the current api prevent possible changes or updates to the software like picture or camera view from being possible?
    Last edited by ca.; 12-12-10 at 01:35 AM.
    12-12-10 01:31 AM
    so with no api to change it, will there ever be a possiblity of a RIM update which will allow camera view on the external display? I mean, does the current api prevent possible changes or updates to the software like picture or camera view from being possible?
    It doesn't explicitly prevent pictures on the external display, it just makes no provision to allow that.
    12-12-10 02:52 PM
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if there was any headway made in regard to changing the display of the external screen. I did a ton of searching. I didn't find much though.
    09-23-11 07:38 PM
    if an app developer made an app specifically for the style to use the external to shoot pictures i think every and all 9670 user would purchase it. Having to snap a shot with the phone open puts your finger right in front of the camera.
    09-28-11 08:33 PM
    if an app developer made an app specifically for the style to use the external to shoot pictures i think every and all 9670 user would purchase it. Having to snap a shot with the phone open puts your finger right in front of the camera.
    Doubt that would be feasible, since closing the shell locks the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 01:33 AM
    Doubt that would be feasible, since closing the shell locks the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So your saying that it is impossible?
    09-29-11 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD