Specifically, I want to delete all texts over 1 week old but I don't want to delete them one at a time and I don't want to delete the entire conversation. I Have searched the Help files and Crackberry but I just cannot find the answer.

On my Curve 8330, texts were broken up by date and not threaded like in OS6. I could highlight a date, hit the BB buitton, and choose to Delete Prior. I do not see that option now.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 07:30 PM
    Not that I can discover. You can delete one text or the whole conversation. Can't find anything inbetween. Anybody else been able to find a way? You guys are always so much smarter than me.

01-28-11 11:38 AM
    I found this on one of the support forums on blackberry.com ... ...

Re: How do I turn off new threaded SMS messaging in OS 5.0?

08-21-2010 05:22 PM

after several search, i think that the only way to know who's the sender of a message and to send a message to a contact is to click on "view folder" and then "SMS inbox" !!!!

How do I turn off new threaded SMS messaging in OS... - Page 3 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    01-28-11 12:39 PM
    Specifically, I want to delete all texts over 1 week old but I don't want to delete them one at a time and I don't want to delete the entire conversation. I Have searched the Help files and Crackberry but I just cannot find the answer.

On my Curve 8330, texts were broken up by date and not threaded like in OS6. I could highlight a date, hit the BB buitton, and choose to Delete Prior. I do not see that option now.
    Thanks

GOT TO MESSAGES (NOT TEXT MESSAGES)
    then OPTIONS >> MESSAGE DISPLAY AND ACTIONS >> (scroll to the bottom)
    01-28-11 03:31 PM
    I'm trying to help a new BB user with this texting problem.

"I send texts to many people. some get them others don't. i just got a Blackberry touch and have had this problem from day one. friends are getting mad at me for not returning a text when i DID return it. Some people are saying they have to close my message and reopen it to see the words."

I have searched the site and been unable to locate a similar issue.
    Any suggestions?
    01-28-11 09:22 PM
    Trying to clean up a convo just in case the wife checks your phone?
    01-30-11 12:21 AM
    Trying to clean up a convo just in case the wife checks your phone?

Nope, it's the wife's messages that I am trying to delete ... we send pics back and forth of the kids and all those are kept within the threaded converstation. Her android phone has a 3.2mp cam and my style has a 5mp cam, so those images get pretty big. This adds up to a significant delay in opening and replying to texts.

What I have found that works so far is to go to the View - SMS inbox, outbox, MMS inbox, outbox, etc. and delete messages that way. You are able to Delete Prior or just specific parts ...
    02-03-11 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD