well my charging port is broken already, took it to sprint and they said its a insurance problem, but still got to pay 100 for a new phone. any one fix them and how much we looking to have it done.
    03-24-11 07:04 PM
    well my charging port is broken already, took it to sprint and they said its a insurance problem, but still got to pay 100 for a new phone. any one fix them and how much we looking to have it done.
    That sucks that the charging port broke. This may seem like a dumb question, but does the phone still connect to the computer with the usb? I've heard of other phones that stop charging through usb, but will still connect to a computer for data. If that is the case, I would suggest spending $15 on a charging pod like this Amazon.com: RIM ASY-14396-014 Charging Pod, 9670 - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories instead of putting out $100 for an insurance deductible. I would personally cancel the insurance as well... no need to spend $7/mo if you don't plan to make a claim. If data still works through the usb it would be alot easier to fight for a warranty repair since that would show internal damage (loose connection?) as opposed to them claiming that you don't know how to plug in a usb cable. Good luck.
    03-24-11 08:07 PM
    not wont hook up like that eather, gonna tell me no one on this site fixes phones
    03-26-11 08:38 AM
    not wont hook up like that eather, gonna tell me no one on this site fixes phones
    If you want to spend the least amount of money then buy the charging pod and call it a day. You can download OS updates OTA and you can take the micro SD card out to load data to and from the phone. I'm also pretty sure the new BlackBerry Protect app has wireless backup for messages, phone logs, etc in place of Desktop Manager. If you're intent on fixing the phone, the may be people on CB that can help but you might want to try a different forum like general discussion to get to more people. If not, suck it up and pay the insurance deductible and call it done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 11:55 AM
    the link that you posted to the charging port. What is that exactly? I tried to read the description on amazon, but I'm still not clear.

My style will not charge anymore due to a broken port so are you saying with this charging device I don't have to plug my blackberry into the wall through the usb chord? If not, then how does this dock charge the blackberry?

I would WAY rather spend the 9.00 than have to buy a new phone or pay to get it fixed!

Thanks!
    11-25-11 12:13 AM
    the link that you posted to the charging port. What is that exactly? I tried to read the description on amazon, but I'm still not clear.

My style will not charge anymore due to a broken port so are you saying with this charging device I don't have to plug my blackberry into the wall through the usb chord? If not, then how does this dock charge the blackberry?

I would WAY rather spend the 9.00 than have to buy a new phone or pay to get it fixed!

Thanks!
    The charging pod is meant to be a convenience accessory where instead of plugging the usb cable into the phone, you just place the phone in the pod to charge instead. You still need to use the usb cable + the ac adapter. The usb cable will plug directly into the back of the charging pod. If you look at your phone, you will notice a little silver metal contact on the one side of the phone below the volume rocker and convenience key and another on the opposite side of the phone. There are matching contacts on the inside of the charging pod and when they touch each other it charges the phone. Not only does this fix your charging issue, but you will surely find placing the phone into the pod much easier than searching for and lining up the usb cable. On another note, if you do have insurance you might want to try another rep or a different sprint corporate store since I recently learned that repairs are free with insurance... The deductible is only needed for replacement. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-11 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD