I got a new charging pod for my Style! Just came today. The wife and I LOVED using one with our old 8330's so I was excited when I finally found one for our 9670's. (got it at BlackBerry Accessories from the Official RIM BlackBerry Accessories Store).

Sadly, this isn't made out of the heavy metal old one for our 8330's was made of. It is plastic I am sure, but look metalic. It looks nice and all, just doesn't have the heft the other did.

Plugged it in, dropped my Style on it. Nothing! Wiped the contact points on the pod and phone with a microfiber cloth and tried again. Nothing. Left it on a half hour or so anyway. No gain in juice. Dropped the wife's Style on it, it lit up and showed the bolt that it was charging! What the heck?!

What is the first rule when things are acting "weird" on the BB? Battery pull! Did that, dropped it back on the pod, and we are in business! Yea!
    bimmer22 and Kerri Neill like this.
    12-10-10 04:13 PM
    Great post Bill - thanks for the info!

FYI - you can simulate a battery pull without actually pulling the battery by pressing and holding these keys in this order: alt, right side caps lock, del.
    12-10-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD