I think the Transform Ultra is the best pay as you go Droid save the Triumph on Virgin. I hate sliders too but check the specs...all by a leading brand Samsung.
    Samsung is a leading brand, but it has a bad reputation for making among the worst midrange and entry Android devices, often released with terrible build quality and buggy software, and only really paying attention to supporting their flagship models. (The various carrier-specific flavors of the Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S 2, and with Google the Nexus S and Nexus Galaxy.) Some of their midrange offerings have stopped being supported as quickly as 4 months.

I also like the Triumph, although it's really made by Huawei and not Motorola, and the LG Optimus V, which is also on other carriers besides Virgin Mobile with a different letter signifying the carrier, amongst prepaid Android offerings. I am wondering what the ZTE Warp is like on Boost, ZTE couldn't be worse than Samsung is at the midrange device market.
    Last edited by EdLin; 10-30-11 at 04:12 AM. Reason: late night grammar errors
    10-30-11 04:09 AM
    It is tempting to defect to VM to get the Motorola Triumph, which I consider to be the only full featured Android available pay as you go. The phone being $300 is one of the only things stopping me right now, plus I just paid my Boost bill a few days ago.

So it looks like the Style, and I'll pay extra for international service as I live on the border. Then I can get rid of my i465 which I use as a dedicated Mexico phone with Push to Talk. I don't know how I got it in my head that the Curve might be good, but heads up to others, the Curve 8530 is a significant downgrade from the Galaxy Prevail. I was pretty shocked at how primitive the Curve turned out to be. Like a fool I just assumed more expensive equals better.

Guess you'll be seeing more of me in this section!
    Don't go for the Triumph! It's not a bad phone, but it runs an old Android OS, and no one can seem to get VM or Moto to update it. There's also a hit and miss deal, and you could get a bad one. I'm using one of those at the moment, and like it's got a lot of OS memory (2gb), and is fast, with a 1ghz processor, but it's kind of big in the pocket, and 2.2 is a really lousy os compared to 2.3. And no one knows if it'll get updated. I'm really tempted to jump over to Boost and get the Style, or just re-activate my old Curve. Ymmv.
    01-31-12 09:42 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD