View Poll Results: How is the call (sound) quality on you Blackberry Style 9670?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great! Never had a problem.

34 62.96%
  • It's ok, I've noticed an echo a few times.

10 18.52%
  • It's terrible! Earpiece clarity is poor and/or I hear echos all the time.

10 18.52%
    i also have the echo problem. i do not hear it but the other parties hear themselves. so nobody has really figured out the cause? that kinda sucks.
    01-16-11 08:43 PM
    i also have the echo problem. i do not hear it but the other parties hear themselves. so nobody has really figured out the cause? that kinda sucks.
    That is the majority of my problem too. I rarely hear much of an echo on my end...... it's my phone causing an echo for the person on the other end that is the big problem.

I'm on my 3rd STYLE now as of yesterday. So far no problems but I've only made 1 or 2 quick calls. We'll see how it goes, I'm not holding my breath.
    01-17-11 03:43 PM
    Just a quick update...

As I mentioned in my previous post, I just exchanged my phone for a 3rd STYLE this past Sunday and so far everything seems fine with this one. However, I wanted to try something different this time..... A brand new STYLE comes with a plastic protective covering on the main screen, back of phone, front of phone, and a small one over the camera lens. I removed all of them except for the one covering the main screen. I wanted to see if that would somehow help cancel out the echo within the phone. There is a small tab on the side of the plastic sheet that you use to pull it off with.... I used a razor blade to carefully remove this tab flush with the edge of the screen so it wouldn't be in my way.

So far so good! I haven't had an echo problem yet with this phone. It's probably just a coincidence but I thought I would share my findings with everyone else.

So, if someone is reading this, and they're thinking about buying a new STYLE, you might want to keep that plastic on the main screen just for good measure.
    01-18-11 09:26 PM
    Just a quick update...

As I mentioned in my previous post, I just exchanged my phone for a 3rd STYLE this past Sunday and so far everything seems fine with this one. However, I wanted to try something different this time..... A brand new STYLE comes with a plastic protective covering on the main screen, back of phone, front of phone, and a small one over the camera lens. I removed all of them except for the one covering the main screen. I wanted to see if that would somehow help cancel out the echo within the phone. There is a small tab on the side of the plastic sheet that you use to pull it off with.... I used a razor blade to carefully remove this tab flush with the edge of the screen so it wouldn't be in my way.

So far so good! I haven't had an echo problem yet with this phone. It's probably just a coincidence but I thought I would share my findings with everyone else.

So, if someone is reading this, and they're thinking about buying a new STYLE, you might want to keep that plastic on the main screen just for good measure.
    You could buy the invisishields off ebay (got mine 2 for $3) and see if that helps for the users who have already pulled the sticker off...

As for the case/echo debate, I used the Mobi Crystal Clear case on both my Style & my mother's. She said she could hear an echo when it was on my phone. I then put the case on her Style and had her call both my BB & my 9650. I didn't hear any echo. Confusing...
    01-18-11 10:14 PM
    I was hearing from a lot of people that I called that they were hearing an echo on their end when talking to me on my new Blackberry Style. I never heard the echo myself. After searching around the internet, I heard a few people mention the plastic cases may be causing this.

I took the case off......NO MORE ECHO!! This was an easy fix....although I did really like the plastic case which is a bummer.
    01-23-11 06:46 PM
    I was hearing from a lot of people that I called that they were hearing an echo on their end when talking to me on my new Blackberry Style. I never heard the echo myself. After searching around the internet, I heard a few people mention the plastic cases may be causing this.

I took the case off......NO MORE ECHO!! This was an easy fix....although I did really like the plastic case which is a bummer.
    I've owned 3 styles..... ALL of them have caused an echo for the person on the other end. NONE of these phones ever had a case on them.

My point is.... don't be surprised if you get another complaint from someone about an echo.

On another note: My suggestion posted above about leaving the plastic on the screen has not helped with the echo problem, it's still there.
    01-23-11 07:44 PM
    I'm curious, which version of the OS is running for those who have the echo problem?
    01-24-11 04:36 PM
    I'm curious, which version of the OS is running for those who have the echo problem?
    All three of the phones I've had problems with have been updated to the newest official release from BB. (whatever that number is, I don't remember)
    01-24-11 04:43 PM
    All three of the phones I've had problems with have been updated to the newest official release from BB. (whatever that number is, I don't remember)
    Did you update them? I only ask because a friend just got one and it didn't have .407. She was having other issues and when I wiped the device and installed .407, the issues seemed to be fixed.
    01-24-11 04:45 PM
    Did you update them? I only ask because a friend just got one and it didn't have .407. She was having other issues and when I wiped the device and installed .407, the issues seemed to be fixed.
    Yes, I personally updated each one myself.

Each time a got a new phone, this first thing I did was update them.
    01-24-11 05:08 PM
    I never updated the OS. Didn't know it was possible. I used it straight out of the box. I was told it was the latest OS (6).
    01-28-11 07:23 PM
    AAFC your not alone by any means mine sounds like junk as well it's in the repair shop right now
    Wayne
    01-30-11 08:52 PM
    Does your phone have a hard snap on case on it by chance? I have read that this type of case causes an echo on the style.
    I have had several people tell me the sound quality of my 9670 Style is terrible and that there is an echo. I'm using this phone for business and having business associates constantly telling me the quality is bad is disturbing and embarrassing. I have a plastic protective shell and just read the thread about that possibly being the root of the problem. I will try using the device without the shell to see if it is the cause of the echo.
    01-31-11 08:50 AM
    I have had several people tell me the sound quality of my 9670 Style is terrible and that there is an echo. I'm using this phone for business and having business associates constantly telling me the quality is bad is disturbing and embarrassing. I have a plastic protective shell and just read the thread about that possibly being the root of the problem. I will try using the device without the shell to see if it is the cause of the echo.
    Just tried the 9670 without the plastic shell and the person I spoke to said there was no echo. Will try a few more calls to test this theory. Now I have to worry about dropping the device and damaging it. Anyone find a suitable protective case that doesn't cause an echo? :
    01-31-11 08:56 AM
    I have a Curve 9330, but my girlfriend has a Style and when she puts me on speakerphone i can hear her just fine. But if she's talking with the handset to her ear, i cannot hear hardly anything she is saying. This is super frusterating to both of us, any idea why this happens?
    05-13-11 06:12 PM
    I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have had a slight echo with a couple of calls, but 99% of the time I don't have an echo.
    I hope everyone that has this problem can get it solved! The Bold is a pretty darn good phone, if you decide to switch.
    05-14-11 01:33 AM
    I have noticed an echo sometimes also. I could hear myself talking and it was very annoying. I have not had any one else complain of an echo though. I do still have the plastic on the main screen and the OS is up to date. It seems to be hit or miss as to when it echos. I just ordered an Otterbox case for it so we will see if that makes and difference.
    05-14-11 01:19 PM
    I had both echo problems and problems with people telling me they couldn't hear me. The latest software update seems to have fixed the problem with people not being able to hear me but I definitely get the echo occasionally.
    05-23-11 02:02 PM
    Can someone post a pic of their Style without the plastic case? I wanna see what everyone's talking about so i can try the same thing on my girlfriend's phone. I can't hear anything she says unless she has me on speaker. If she holds the phone like normal it sounds like she's halfway across the room. Thanks!
    05-24-11 05:55 PM
    My Style has excellent call quality on both ends of the call... As does my wifes Style. I only have issues calling or receiving calls from my one friend who has AT&T. (He's the only person I know with AT&T) The echo I experience is hearing myself... Anything I say is doubled. He doesn't hear this and it usually goes away within a few seconds. This has nothing to do with the Style however as this happens no matter what Sprint phone I have (I've owned several) and it doesn't matter what AT&T phone my friend has. It also has nothing to do with the tower since we have the same problem no matter what state were in. Something that might help... If you go into the options in the call log you can adjust the eq on the mic and headset. Hopefully that can help someone.
    Last edited by danisnotstan; 05-24-11 at 09:48 PM.
    05-24-11 09:40 PM
    I'm having this issue as well... It seems like 90% of people I talk to comment about hearing an echo on their side. This mostly happens when I am at home (which made me think of the tower locations), but has happened at work and other places also. My husband also has Sprint (LG phone) and never had any issues with people hearing an echo while speaking to him. It's very frustrating! I love the phone, but this is driving me nuts. The only people who do NOT hear an echo are other Sprint customers. Everyone else, landlines included, complain... I have had the phone now for 9 months, so I doubt that Sprint will do much for me in terms of resolving this issue. If anyone has any suggestions about what may be causing it and how to fix it, I would be grateful.
    Last edited by dashdan; 09-03-11 at 03:45 PM.
    09-03-11 03:24 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD