OK HERES THE SCOOP, MY 9670'S BATTERY PORT HAS BROKEN, SO I WENT TO THE SPRINT STORE AND THEY COULD GIVE ME WAS BAD NEWS. THEN MY PHONE DIED DUE TO LOW BATTERY. SO I ORDERED THE CHARGING DOCK THAT IS DESIGNED FOR THE 9670 AND I LEFT IT IN THE DOCK OVERNIGHT AND ALL I GET IS THE BATTERY WITH THE RED "X" COVERING ICON. SO MY NEXT MOVE WAS TO BUY A NEW BATTERY AND I INSTALLED THE NEW BATTERY AND ITS NOT CHARGING. IM AT SUCH A LOSS. I NEED HELP!
    01-09-12 05:41 PM
    Ouch been there. A friend of mine had one with a messed screen. I got his for nothing and used it to charge the batteries. When needed i just swapped batteries. Had to do that for just over 2 years until my contract was up. Ya it sounds like your port is fried. Either you can do like i did until you want or can get a new one or find another working phone somewhere like Ebay.
    03-07-12 12:29 AM
    Are the charging contacts clean? See a red light come on when correctly positioned in the dock?
    03-11-12 01:19 PM
    im kinda having a problem like this one, my issue is that it will stay turned on with a plugged in icon over the battery.... it wont charge passed that.... also i have tried different plugs and all have the same issue.... i dont know what to do!!! HELP PLEASE!
    04-01-12 02:51 AM
    Not saying this will work but try taking a tissue and wiping the contacts inside where the battery goes. Reinsert the battery and leave it alone. If it boots up and starts to charge, do not unplug until the battery is fully charged. If it doesn't boot up, don't panic, leave it alone for an hour or two and see what happens.

I'm hoping you've already solved this issue but just in case I thought I'd respond...
    04-05-12 06:02 PM
    Another option, and don't ask me why it works, but if you are charging with the usb and not the cradle, pop the battery out then plug the phone in and wait a minute or two before replacing the battery.

Hope something works for you all. My 9670 never had issues like that and my daughter is still using it to this day. She loves that phone.
    04-05-12 06:06 PM
    You should have your charging port replaced.

You can try to do it your self but i would recommend you should take it into a local phone repair center to have it fixed.
    04-16-12 09:08 PM
    Ghetto Charging your Blackberry is possible.

That's where you strip the connector from a charger, and tape the bare wires to the charging contacts on the BB.

I've actually build my own cradle using a variation of this method using modeling clay to hold the phone and the wires
    04-21-12 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD