I've been a pretty avid BB user ever since i upgraded to an 8330 curve about 2 years ago with Big Red. I'm finally finishing my 2 year term, and want to continue with BB over at Sprint with the 9670 Style. The androids do catch my attention, as almost everyone i know has made the switch, but i would like to stay with BB. My only qualm is this: the browser speed is PAINFULLY slow on the 8330 with Hybrid 5.0 OS. I would like to know:

is the web browser on the 9670 w/ 6.0 OS as fast (or faster) than that of the Android OS??

If not, I might just have to go with the Evo or something because I'm a heavy user of my phone's web browser, and Android's internet is pretty darn quick from what i've seen.

Any insight is well appreciated!
    03-28-11 02:42 PM
    I have Opera installed on my Style, and it is pretty darn fast. I have had an android, and I found it to be comparable. However, it is a smaller screen, so if youwant the ginormous screen that comes with an android, then go with that. I prefer to have the better battery life AND the speed with my Style.
    Hope that helps!
    03-29-11 02:57 AM
    When RIM made os6 they used a webkit browser (which you see on androids and the iphone) so it will deffenitly be better than your 8330 (trust me I had one) but your speed comes down to the processor, which the evo has a MUCH bigger processor, so the the evo would get you where you wanna go faster than ghe style! You'll get better battery life with the style but a smaller screen and akward screen res. But it does have a better browser than your current bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-11 07:00 AM
    I have an evo shift btw (which I love) and I'm trying to get my girlfriend to buy the style since she don't like touch screen and so I can play with it a lil more and get a better grip on os6

03-29-11 07:02 AM
    I see, both are good arguments. If anything i'm more confused No,

Well, even though I would prefer an EVO Shift for an Android phone, for economical reasons I must choose between the LG Optimus and 9760 Style. I know the Optimus is not as fast as any Evo, so in my case...would the Style be the faster of the 2 phones? Battery life is important, but my brother Rooted his Evo and installed a hybrid OS with great Batt life, I'm pretty sure i could do the same with the Optimus...i think.

This is good stuff, so what about Optimus vs. Style?

Thanks
    03-31-11 12:22 AM
    Well the style has a 624MHz processor and the optimus has a 600MHz processor but can be rooted and overclocked to bring more speed but use more battery! So its all up to you! I hope I helped

03-31-11 12:52 AM
    And on android he installed a ROM not a hybrid OS but I know what you meant lol

03-31-11 12:54 AM
    My father has the Optimus and my mother has the Style (she liked mine so much, she upgraded). I've been messing around with the Optimus while I've been on vacation with them for a week and it's an ok phone. Screen is small for an Android device but it is definitely smooth & fast with the browser. I would say the two are very comparable, it really just comes down to preference. I hate fingerprints so the touchscreen only drives me crazy (that's why hubby uses my Torch on his government line).
    03-31-11 03:23 PM
    And on android he installed a ROM not a hybrid OS but I know what you meant lol

Haha as you can tell i haven't exactly got the Android lingo down.

All the posts on here have been uber helpful. Also, i found a vid on youtube comparing the BB browser with Opera Mini 5.1. And after seeing the video, Browser speed is no longer an issue with the 9760. You guys have been very helpful thx for the feedback.

...and it looks as though I might not need to learn to speak "android" hehe
    04-01-11 12:36 AM
    Opera mini 6 is the most recent and its pretty good! Hope you love your device!

04-01-11 03:51 AM
    Opera Mini 6 it is, I'm looking at my Style and lovin the 6.0 OS! thx!
    04-03-11 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD