A sim card???
    Give this "throwback" Retro little Jewell some Love!
    Same OS6, trackpad, 512 memory, GPS, WiFi, etc. 3G, etc...

And the Style has a larger screen and a second screen. Love it or hate it, it has the same specs as the new "flagship" bold...
    Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 10-30-10 at 02:28 PM.
    10-30-10 02:25 PM
    I've made this comparison in several other threads on here. If you look in the "9670 vs 9650" thread, I argued with some ignoramus about how the Style has all the features it needs to be a high-end or "flagship" model and specifically compared it to the Bold 9780...

The new Bold has a larger battery... And thats about it...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 10-30-10 at 03:47 PM.
    10-30-10 03:25 PM
    chill out, some like me just hate the style (pun intended) of the flip, when I 1rst started seeing leaked pictures of it I wanted one just to smash it with a hammer it was so god awful ugly. But now I have to admit with official pictures & video it is starting to look a little better. Still ugly & wouldnt have one but I dont want to smash it with a hammer anymore. As far as specs it is as good & better than my 9650, its simply a matter of taste, you have a superior phone over my 9650 & I hope you love it
    10-30-10 07:45 PM
    Yes, the 9670 has a 'larger' screen, but the resolution isn't as good as the 9780.
    I also believe, the 9780 being GSM and having a larger battery will give it a huge advantage in the battery life department (4.5 against 6 hours of talk time, thats an estimated 25% drop).

But hey, if your into clams, then open her up and enjoy
    10-30-10 08:48 PM
    You are right, resolution is 80 lines out of 480 less on the larger screen Style model. I checked it out today, and it looks great. Might be an ever so slight less view of a web page too, but the new browser will be a big step up from my 9700!
    Besides the form factor, there isn't anything "less" about the newest Blackberry device. If you don't love touch screens- you will like this phone. I think that the sales will surprise some people.

Now if it just had the stereo speakers of the 9000..
    Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 10-30-10 at 10:38 PM.
    10-30-10 10:35 PM
    You are right, resolution is 80 lines out of 480 less on the larger screen Style model. I checked it out today, and it looks great. Might be an ever so slight less view of a web page too, but the new browser will be a big step up from my 9700!
    Besides the form factor, there isn't anything "less" about the newest Blackberry device. If you don't love touch screens- you will like this phone. I think that the sales will surprise some people.

Now if it just had the stereo speakers of the 9000..
    Sorry, not to knit-pick, but the Style has a 2.7" or 3" internal display? and the Bold has a 2.44" display, so not only are you losing 80 lines of resolution, but your losing serious pixels per inch. The Bold has 245 pixels per inch (in my opinion, it is the pixels per inch, ppi, that makes a screen beautiful, not the lines of resolution as they are relative to the overall size), the Pearl 3G is also 360x400 but on a 2.26" screen and is 238 ppi. I imagine the Style is somewhere around 180? Which would put it around the Storm, which is satisfactory, but put them side by side and the clarity is obvious. In my opinion

Oh, and your 9700 will 'eventually' get OS6, with it's sexy webkit browser...

And I think your absolutely correct, this phone will sell like hotcakes. Two people I work with LOVE flip phones, and will almost definitely be purchasing this phone. Lots of people are still hooked on the flip form factor, and BB is making an excellent move by offering this device. (but it is not for me)
    10-31-10 01:20 AM
    if they made a gsm version, i would be all over it!!!
    10-31-10 06:03 PM
    if they made a gsm version, i would be all over it!!!
    I agree with you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-10 06:25 PM
    gsm or cdma who cares. if you wanted it you would get it
    11-03-10 11:57 AM
    No way I'd go to sprint to get this, but if verizon offers it down the road I'd def consider it. I've always been a clam fan anyway as they are so nice to pocket carry. This phone looks very solid.
    Does anyone know if the speaker phone can be used with the clam closed without dumping the call?
    11-03-10 02:20 PM
    I think it depends on what form factor you want. if you like the flip then this is the best BB out there. If you like the 9780 form factor then that's the best BB out. The other things are very minor differences. I was pleasantly surprised at how much better the final product looked after the first pictures leaked. Nice looking phone.
    11-03-10 02:28 PM
    Ok... So I am a complete dork and went and bought the 9670 yesterday... and I LOVE IT!!!!! The screen resolution may be a little less than the bold, but it is still awesome. Picture quality is beautiful, the sound is wonderful, and the external screen is cool. I wish you could do a little more on the outer screen, like you can only view new messages from the outer screen, not ones that have already been viewed, and i can't seem to figure out if you can change the time display to a digital clock, but it is still awesome. And the pictures of the phone do not do it justice. I am usually not a big fan of clams, but this one is really good looking. And OS 6 is quick and easy to use. I was a little depressed when i saw that sprint was getting the clam instead of the torch, but now that i have had a chance to handle both phones, I know I made the right choice. I just can't wait until cases and skins come out for the phone.
    11-03-10 09:04 PM
    completely agree with MAnnHandy. Wife got her's today and I am amazed at the quality, build, speed and how comfortable it is not only to carry but while talking. I really can't see much screen quality difference of it and my Bold as it is very clear. I also couldn't figure out a way to get the clock into digital format but this might be addressed in a software update down the road.
    11-03-10 09:46 PM
    9670 does offer digital clock. Go to the time setting page, left click and choose options

11-04-10 06:09 AM
    9670 does offer digital clock. Go to the time setting page, left click and choose options

So does most other BlackBerrys running 5.0 and higher.
    11-04-10 08:20 AM
    9700 looks like this.

9670 looks like this.

/End post.
    11-04-10 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD