Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. Principal Skinner's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Will Verizon do the right thing?

    Just wondering ...

    Has anyone heard anything about how Verizon will handle us Storm 9530 users who are not in line for an upgrade?

    Is there any talk of special pricing for us early adopter "beta testers"?
  2. sgtmilstack's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    527 Posts
    Global Posts
    642 Global Posts
    PIN
    304-----
    #2  

    Default

    Not a peep. And they don't have to do it anyway.

    We bought it and that's all that she wrote.
    O.S.= VzW 5.0 ~ Apps= A bunch
  3. Jdane07's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    656 Posts
    Global Posts
    931 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    We're not going to get anything special. Pretty much every major phone gets an annual upgrade and they don't give the previous iteration owners any special treatment.
  4. Joe91313's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    253 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    The best thing there is even a chance for is the same thing AT&T does each time a new iPhone comes out, although I am pretty sure Apple coordinates that, so...We can all hope, but I'm not expecting anything.
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?
  5. RicanMedic78's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by principalskinner View Post
    Just wondering ...

    Has anyone heard anything about how Verizon will handle us Storm 9530 users who are not in line for an upgrade?

    Is there any talk of special pricing for us early adopter "beta testers"?
    Rest assured, if u were an early adopter, you will get your 1 year upgrade option. Even if it came out in September which appears to be the earliest convievable date with November being more realistic, you will have 2 months to wait for your 1 year upgrade which is not bad at all. But this thing looks like it will hit Oct./Nov so it sounds in line with the S1 anniversary date
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say ďAre you gonna drink that?"
  6. infinity12402's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Ya not to sound mean but they didn't force you to buy the phone or keep it. If it was that bad you could have returned it. So they really don't owe anyone anything

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. RicanMedic78's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8
    #7  

    Default

    Agreed! And this is coming from the biggest big red critic on the planet!
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say ďAre you gonna drink that?"
  8. fidget08's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    109 Posts
    PIN
    30772140
    #8  

    Default

    Is your storm not working right yet? Or do you just simply want the new phone haha
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    Applications: BerryWeather, Blink, AP News, Parking Lot, Movies, Fierce Towers, TETHERBERRY, BBFileScout, App Store, App World, Facebook, VZ Navigator, Slacker, Stop Tilt, BerrySlider, Lame *** Flashlight, ESPN, ForceRadioOn, Quickpull, Trapster
    http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/a...ScreenShot.jpg
    That is my screenshot. Background is Legit
  9. RicanMedic78's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8
    #9  

    Default

    i guess the cardboard under the battery cover is astedically displeasing LOL
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say ďAre you gonna drink that?"
  10. jnepsa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    493 Posts
    PIN
    ned up and ready to go
    #10  

    Default

    I dont understand why people think they deserve this or find the need to make more than one thread about it..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...crewed-230838/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wh...rm-2-a-248652/
    Stupid is NOT a disease
  11. jnepsa's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    493 Posts
    PIN
    ned up and ready to go
    #11  

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    i guess the cardboard under the battery cover is astedically displeasing LOL
    then maybe since its not a year old.. you should get it warrentied, but then again that would make sense
    Stupid is NOT a disease
  12. RicanMedic78's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    then maybe since its not a year old.. you should get it warrentied, but then again that would make sense
    Me? speak for urself! I never owned a Storm! I saw that one comin a mile away!
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say ďAre you gonna drink that?"
  13. retrogroov's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #13  

    Thumbs up Early Upgrade

    Provided you are on a high enough price plan (59.99 or higher), you will be able to upgrade to the new Storm without a problem if it is 1 year. If you are within 30 days of your 1 year call customer service--they will probably move your date for you.

    My suggestion--wait for the initial launch, and then get it--you want to make sure all the bugs are worked out of it!

    (FYI--I am an indirect retailer for VZW, so I know that this is the situation, and can say it without hesitation.)

    PS...I still have my original storm--on .148 and love it.
  14. RicanMedic78's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8
    #14  

    Default

    And just like the S1 that I never bought, I will wait a few weeks after S2 comes out just to make sure the reviews are worth it!

    Although, sometimes you have to wonder as well. Last I remember, the S1 won an award for best innovation for SurePress technology last year or early this year! Funny how things change
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say ďAre you gonna drink that?"
  15. TheMightiestPen's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    66 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    My guess is that the Tour was more the fallback for unhappy S1 owners that wanted to revert back to a physical keyboard. Which means nothing will be done to compensate Storm 1 owners in regards to the Storm 2.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  16. Leo.brazuca's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    525 Posts
    PIN
    3063F2EB
    #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by principalskinner View Post
    Just wondering ...

    Has anyone heard anything about how Verizon will handle us Storm 9530 users who are not in line for an upgrade?

    Is there any talk of special pricing for us early adopter "beta testers"?
    The right thing really is ... Not allow us to upgrade the phone since it was a 2 year contract. Now if they allow it will be nice of them
    Le0_Br4zUc4
    BlackBerry Storm 2 Running 5.0.0.320
  17. RicanMedic78's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8
    #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightiestPen View Post
    My guess is that the Tour was more the fallback for unhappy S1 owners that wanted to revert back to a physical keyboard. Which means nothing will be done to compensate Storm 1 owners in regards to the Storm 2.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I disagree! The Tour was a natural progression of the 8830WE phone. I had nothing to do with S1 in any way. Different market, different interest. S2 on the otherhand is a direct relation to the problematic S1. Still no compensation should be given however, as even S2 is a natural progression in the line, just like any other phone from any other company who design updates once per year.

    Now as far as whether there should have been a RIM recall when ppl started placing paper behind the batter door, thats a different argument all together
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 07-25-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say ďAre you gonna drink that?"
  18. briankeith513's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,134 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,525 Global Posts
    PIN
    Is mightier than the sword!
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    Last I remember, the S1 won an award for best innovation for SurePress technology last year or early this year! Funny how things change
    The SurePress technology was a pretty good technology, it's just that the software on the phone was too slow and buggy. The SurePress is great to me. I own the Iphone, HTC Touch, LG Dare, and I much prefer typing on the Storm. I can type almost as fast and accurately on my Storm as most people on a phone with a qwerty keyboard.
    I am not Neo, but I am still the 1.
  19. gettinthere's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    420 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Will VZW do the right thing? What right thing? You had 30 days to return it if you didn't like it. Verizon doesn't "owe" you anything when it comes to Storm v. Storm 2.

    None of the Env2 owners complained when the Env3 came out. Same for the Voyager with the Env Touch. This is technology people. There is always something new coming down the line. You didn't get screwed because you bought what you wanted at the time.
  20. The_Shawn's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    751 Posts
    Global Posts
    763 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    I dont understand why people think they deserve this or find the need to make more than one thread about it..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...crewed-230838/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/wh...rm-2-a-248652/
    because there hadn't a new thread about this in a month.... geez. there must be a new one started every month until the device is released.

    one of those threads was started in may the other in june, now this one in july.... lmao
    Nokia 638, Nokia 6160, Nokia3360, Sony Ericsson T306, Nokia 3220, Nokia 6682, Nokia 6133, BlackBerry Pearl 8120, BlackBerry Pearl 8220, Back to 8120, BlackBerry Storm2 9550, Back to 8120 again, BlackBerry Torch 9800.
  21. xWiggy18x's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    There will never be any type of speical early upgrade for it. Verizon makes more bank when you just buy it outright ($605)

    What you could do, and shh don't tell anyone. Is to do a program called the "MUILT FRU" which is when you get your device replaced twice within a 90 day period. Try it when the storm2 comes out.
    VZW Direct Sales Rep
    SLC- UTAH
  22. xWiggy18x's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gettinthere View Post
    Will VZW do the right thing? What right thing? You had 30 days to return it if you didn't like it. Verizon doesn't "owe" you anything when it comes to Storm v. Storm 2.

    None of the Env2 owners complained when the Env3 came out. Same for the Voyager with the Env Touch. This is technology people. There is always something new coming down the line. You didn't get screwed because you bought what you wanted at the time.
    Wellll... that isn't true for you to say.
    "None of the Env2 owners complained when the Env3 came out"
    -I've had so many come into the store telling me to swap out the device because they just bought it 2 months before, and for some reason it was my fault so i should replace it. Can't really do much but laugh at them. (once they leave the store)
    VZW Direct Sales Rep
    SLC- UTAH
  23. cdaiscool's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,165 Posts
    PIN
    ning chicks to walls since 1993!
    #23  

    Default

    Verizon will probably offer a discount, but no extra incentives. Such as, I'm going to (try to) use my NE2 on the phone, since it'll be a few months away. I kinda doubt they will let me, but that would be nice.

    My guess is, they will offer the 2-year pricing. Plus fees. Early upgrade fee, PITA fee, etc. Want it? Buy it. They gave you 30 days. When you buy a computer from 90% of places, they give you 15 days thanks to how fasts technology moves.

    Sheesh.
    Scan the barcode for my Droid's PIN number. I recommend "Bar Code Scanner" since it seems to work real well.

    How do I Google something?
  24. RicanMedic78's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briankeith513 View Post
    The SurePress technology was a pretty good technology, it's just that the software on the phone was too slow and buggy. The SurePress is great to me. I own the Iphone, HTC Touch, LG Dare, and I much prefer typing on the Storm. I can type almost as fast and accurately on my Storm as most people on a phone with a qwerty keyboard.
    how dare u disagree with me Sir Brian!
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say ďAre you gonna drink that?"
  25. gettinthere's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    420 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xWiggy18x View Post
    Wellll... that isn't true for you to say.
    "None of the Env2 owners complained when the Env3 came out"
    -I've had so many come into the store telling me to swap out the device because they just bought it 2 months before, and for some reason it was my fault so i should replace it. Can't really do much but laugh at them. (once they leave the store)
    I'm just speaking from my own expirience. I haven't had a single person who had an Env2 come in wanting to swap to an Env3 for some nonsensical reason. For some reason, (atleast in my area) people understand that new things come out.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions