Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Will Verizon do phone swap on Best Buy phones?

Just wondering, I bought a S2 from Best Buy and I dont have service with Verizon. If I take the phone to verizon, would they swap or repair my phone if I have any issues within the 1 year?
    Device History: 7100t.7200.7700.8700.8800.8830.8130.8330.9000.9550 .9700.9780.PB.9900.Z10.Q10
    CrackBerry Addict

I doubt it...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

I doubt it as well. You probably would need to go to Best Buy which might not be the worst thing. If you have dealt with Verizon customer service recently you would know what I mean.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Nope. Any phone bought via 3rd party must be returned where you bought it........and being as that you aren't a VZW customer, you have no warranty throught Verizon. Someone may troubleshoot it for you, but you won't get a replacement.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,538 Global Posts

If there is a problem with your phone take it back to Best Buy. If you were a verizon customer then you could go to a VZW store, but if not, they arent going to help you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

When you walked into VZW they are going to ask for your account/phone number. When it doesnt show up they will be more then happy to sign you up as a new customer, but as soon as you ask them about your present phone they are going to tell you they cant help you.
    CrackBerry Abuser

No verizon wont. Take phone back to best buy
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    PIN
    310C7781

I got my phone (S1) from a third party and when i had problems with it Verizon replaced it. **** down the line they eventually replaced it with a S2, no charge. So if you are a customer they will as long as ur still under warrenty.
    If you add send me a BBM request, don't expect me not to ask a/s/l. I like to know who is on other other side. Is that wrong?
    BB HISTORY: 7100G, 8700C, 8300, 8310, 8330, 8330, 9530, 9530, 9530. Finally Got my 9550. Storm 2 Babes!!
    Ur a simple Hello, I'm a Conversation!!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dellagregg View Post
    I got my phone (S1) from a third party and when i had problems with it Verizon replaced it. **** down the line they eventually replaced it with a S2, no charge. So if you are a customer they will as long as ur still under warrenty.
    But the thing is you still had service THROUGH Verizon. The OP does not have service through Verizon.
    OS 5.0.0..320

"A VZW REP TOLD ME SOMETHING"...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    it on the other guy =D

No. Verizon will not help you. They aren't going to honor a warranty on a phone you're using with another provider.
    If I turn into another. Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me. Sing this song. Remind me that we'll always have eachother when everything else is gone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by gettinthere View Post
    Nope. Any phone bought via 3rd party must be returned where you bought it........and being as that you aren't a VZW customer, you have no warranty throught Verizon. Someone may troubleshoot it for you, but you won't get a replacement.
    This statement is untrue. I bought the Storm 1 the day it came out at Best Buy. It was replaced by Verizon 6 weeks later (and a couple times after that before them giving me a Tour for free, now back to a Storm 2 for $79)

But the OP's problem is that they are not a VZ customer. They will not warranty your phone if you aren't. Bring it back to Best Buy if there is a problem, they should replace it if its a warranty issue
    CrackBerry Addict

bottom line: if you bought the phone from Best Buy, then you are covered by 2 things - 1) the original return period at Best Buy, and then 2) the remaining warranty period through Verizon, providing the phone is active on Verizon service.

if you bought the phone outright, and aren't using on Verizon, then Verizon will not cover it for you. Why should they?
    SEARCH~ LEARN IT, USE IT!

This is a *forum*, not a blog. Post questions and answers, not what you're doing right now... that's what Twitter is for.

"User Error: Please Replace User" should be an actual error message.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    466 Global Posts
    PIN
    Cushion

From personal experience (2 Storm 1's and 1 Storm 2) Best Buy's warranty is worth the extra couple bucks a month. When my S1's died, I walked into Best Buy, handed them my phone, and 20 minutes later (programming and waiting for reboots) I was walking out with a brand new one. When the 2nd S1 died, they were out of S1's so they gave me a S2 instead. Beats the heck out of waiting for Verizon to mail me one (and charge me til they "find" the one I would have had to send back). That alone is worth the extra couple bucks a month for me. Not to mention, I got NEW (not someone else's problem) phones every time.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bbRedSi View Post
    This statement is untrue. I bought the Storm 1 the day it came out at Best Buy. It was replaced by Verizon 6 weeks later (and a couple times after that before them giving me a Tour for free, now back to a Storm 2 for $79)

But the OP's problem is that they are not a VZ customer. They will not warranty your phone if you aren't. Bring it back to Best Buy if there is a problem, they should replace it if its a warranty issue
    My statement was true. A warranty replacement and a return are 2 different things.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by gettinthere View Post
    My statement was true. A warranty replacement and a return are 2 different things.
    I don't know where the OP ever asked about a return. He asked if they would swap or repair his phone within the 1 year of the manufacturer warranty.

IF he were a VZW customer, it wouldn't matter where he bought the phone, it is covered under a 1 year manufacturers warranty. What I was saying is I have bought a phone and Best Buy and had it replaced under warranty in a VZW store. I have also sold my phones to friends who have had problems and VZW replaced under warranty, even tho they hadn't purchased from VZW directly or an authorized retailer.

Not being a VZW customer, you have 2 options, bring the phone back to Best Buy and see what they can do for you, or try to deal with RIM directly, as the phone has a 1 year manufacturers warranty on it, I don't know if it would matter what service you have on it if dealing directly with them.