Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. salomondrin

Default Who on AT&T is excited for the STORM 2?

I never thought about this before... but I guess I am... Why? Because I love my CDMA Tour and I also have an account with AT&T! This way I can play with both at the same time!

Is anyone switching from the IPhone to the Storm 2?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8

dont have either and am with big red. ifI had a choice, S2 would win hands down. The only area I see iphone winning at is in OS and browser. Hardware wise, t looks like S2 is a winner!
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say “Are you gonna drink that?"
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

well i would never go to att either way so i guess its s2 on vzw
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    PIN
    32251AFA

im on tmobile, and as long as the S2 has wifi...i would buy it, thats the only reason i didnt buy a S1
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8

its already time for wifi to come in 802.11n with backward compatability to a/b/g. and its only now that "basic" wifi is coming to a CDMA blackberry! what a shame!
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say “Are you gonna drink that?"
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm excited for the Storm 2 on AT&T. I moved my family there so we would all be on the same carrier, then the Storm came out for Verizon only (my old carrier) so I'm very happy the Storm 2 is available on both. I wish it would type silently, but other than that it seems to be just what I want.
    If anyone finds a BB ported version of Hexen, Heretic or Doom, please let me know.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask me!

The Storm 2 haviing wifi then people will switch from iphone to the the Storm 2...

that is my re-upload video of the Blackberry Storm 2 in action video by kevin
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jwomack View Post
    im on tmobile, and as long as the S2 has wifi...i would buy it, thats the only reason i didnt buy a S1
    Your on T Mobile. Which is why you need WiFi hahah. Come to Big Red. WiFi is considerded Obsalete literally.
    From BlackBerry to Android and Back To BlackBerry. Thank you to the Bold 9930, which also brought me back on Verizon!
  9. salomondrin

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Your on T Mobile. Which is why you need WiFi hahah. Come to Big Red. WiFi is considerded Obsalete literally.
    Amen to that! There is such a huge difference on the speeds both carries provide... I don't even know how anybody else is still in business, because Verizon is sooo good. I guess AT&T Because of the "new cool" phones... The rest... I have no idea.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I actually cant wait, I love Blackberry but miss the iPhone for the touch screen. Hopefully it will be worth the wait
    Follow me on twitter... I will follow back! Just @ me!
    http://twitter.com/bcbryanc
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8

anyone who says wifi is obsolete doesn't understand the true purposes of wifi
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    PIN
    s go in your eyes, pins are better than contacts!

Quote Originally Posted by RicanMedic78 View Post
    anyone who says wifi is obsolete doesn't understand the true purposes of wifi
    Great job explaining them it was a cool story bro!

But really...unless you in a place with crap service wi-fi is a waste of battery. Unless they allow wi-fi during phone calls...but I can't think of a point for that either...unless you just RRREEEEEAAALLLYYYY need to look something up and you can't get off the phone. which sounds like a bad speed movie.

This Summer...John Cena will get a phone call that changes his life....
    *close up on his face and the phone*
    "Mr. Cena...if you hang up this phone or lose service you die...follow all of my directions sent by email..."

*looks at the network behind him*

It's a good thing....I've got wi-fi...

SPEED4 the crap version of phonebooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by user
    I never knew people where so opposed to the idea of a black Jesus until I came to Crackberry *joins another forum*
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by salomondrin View Post
    Is anyone switching from the IPhone to the Storm 2?
    Nope. I will keep my iPhone and my Bold. The Storm 2 is going to be the same as the Storm 1. Hopefully not as bad though.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

I am debating between the Onyx and Storm 2. When is the Storm 2 supposed to come out on AT&T?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,939 Global Posts
    PIN
    Implying I still use a BB...

Well, no matter how awesome the coverage it will NEVER EVER reach in every nook where ever you may be. I couldnt give a **** about Verizons service map, its really just that simple.

Besides there are some apps that will eat through a ton of data, and if your a media ***** or use apps like Skype, that 5 GB data cap will come slap you in the face incredibly fast. The application of wi-fi goes beyond that as well, so the "i gotz me sirviz, who needz wi-fi" is really just a lame reason to shun it.
    GOD'S IN HIS HEAVEN, ALL'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    PIN
    None

Quote Originally Posted by devildrifterX View Post
    Well, no matter how awesome the coverage it will NEVER EVER reach in every nook where ever you may be. I couldnt give a **** about Verizons service map, its really just that simple.

Besides there are some apps that will eat through a ton of data, and if your a media ***** or use apps like Skype, that 5 GB data cap will come slap you in the face incredibly fast. The application of wi-fi goes beyond that as well, so the "i gotz me sirviz, who needz wi-fi" is really just a lame reason to shun it.
    I agree here. If Verizon had wifi first on all their phones and ATT did not, they would be making fun of ATT for not having it. Its crazy to me that people on here actually try make a big deal between the 2 carriers. Its jealousy I guess and people trying to make themselves feel better.

I have used both services and in Atlanta and the southeast, there are very few differences if ever any in coverage and service for the areas I travel. One thing Verizon customers never bring up is using voice and data at the same time. You can't do this on the EVDO network which is a major snafu IMO. True 3g should be able to provide this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by awtryau89 View Post
    Its crazy to me that people on here actually try make a big deal between the 2 carriers. Its jealousy I guess and people trying to make themselves feel better.

I have used both services and in Atlanta and the southeast, there are very few differences if ever any in coverage and service for the areas I travel. One thing Verizon customers never bring up is using voice and data at the same time. You can't do this on the EVDO network which is a major snafu IMO. True 3g should be able to provide this.

People try to make a big deal because, it is a big deal. Honestly my brother has worked for ATT for a year and a half, they treat people like ****, and its not like they have a superior product. You can't sit here and try to tell me ATT is as reliable or fast as verizon, because its not, and that's definitely the majority consensus opinion. There is even a youtube video on it where they use the Mifi products from both Sprint and Verizon and both ended up smoking ATT' and thus proving the publics opinion about ATT's so called "fastest 3G" network.

Trust me bro, there is no jealousy over here on the verizon side of life, maybe we are a little jealous because you guys have the Iphone, but I'll put my house, IRA, and CD's that when verizon launches its new LTE towers, ATT will be obsolete, and Apple will crawl over to verizon like they originally intended to on the first place.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

I make fun of AT&T and T-Mo because of the crappier service in MY area, maybe not yours. I have used all of the services available and VzW has the best in MY area. Simple but true ...
    Mike
    First Storm - Nov. 23, 2008
    9530 - .328 / 9550 - .713 / 9630 .591 / iPhone iOS4
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,352 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel00195 View Post

But really...unless you in a place with crap service wi-fi is a waste of battery. Unless they allow wi-fi during phone calls...but I can't think of a point for that either...unless you just RRREEEEEAAALLLYYYY need to look something up and you can't get off the phone. which sounds like a bad speed movie.

"Mr. Cena...if you hang up this phone or lose service you die...follow all of my directions sent by email..."

Really? Hmmm "me with wifi" gets to work on an airplane, not use data if im close to my cap while at home/office/coffee shop, connect to office intranet for network shares/browse everything faster then any 3G network in the States/shall I go on?
    Owner - GizmoFusion.com
    BBM Pin: 7A98537B
    CrackBerry Addict

Don't know if the coverage would be good and add the extra data use...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel00195 View Post

1st, wifi is never a waist of battery because just as with bluetooth, it can manually be shut off.

2nd, Anyone who thinks wifi is not a big deal will be quick to state that VZ coverage and speed is near excellent. But as soon as one makes the travel argument, their voice is silent!

And as I've said for months on this forum and others, the greatest benefit of wifi is having the option to connect to a network overseas where wifi is usually plentiful since much traveling is to either big cities, resorts, hotels, etc!

Also, LTE cannot reach an airplane 30,000 feet up in the air, let alone 3g EVDO!

Sadly, once these points are made, then everyone is silent until the next victim brings up wifi and then the same argument and points start all over again.... and in the same order

So what will it take to get a general concensus??? Who the heck knows!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 07-27-2009 at 04:22 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts
    PIN
    248dacfa

Darethas, the stuff you said about AT&T, the coverage and the customer service issues, I could say about VZW. I was with them for a couple of years, and my calls would ALWAYS drop (read: 100% of the time) on the way to my sisters in the same place, and would be without service for about 5-10 miles. I would get horrible service at my house. Customer Service would treat me like ****, never wanting to help.

Since I switched to AT&T, my coverage everywhere has been great. The customer service has been phenomenal. And my bill has been much cheaper, and with more overall minutes.

So before you, or anyone for that matter, starts a rant on 'this carrier vs that carrier', you should realize that every carrier is different for everyone. What's good for you may not be good for someone else.

Also in regards to WiFi being obselete? Please. It's far from it. Have you ever worked in an office building? People tend to get bad service inside office buildings due to the building structure, and WiFi helps tremendously. Also if you're near your data usage cap, just switch to WiFi and you're good to go. Just because YOU have no use for it doesn't make it useless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,718 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8

for me, the data/voice issue and wifi is ALWAYS something to think about! Coverage/performace, CS, its all relative to your own preference and experience. But when it comes to wifi and simul data/voice, thats a solid issue and a solid plus for GSM no matter how you try to spin it.

On a note of carrier wars, I may be a verizon customer, but I do not work nor do I represent verizon in any way or any other company for that matter. I will support VZ when I think they deserve credit. I will show my displeasure where I think they are failing.... but in the end, EVERY cell provider must work for my business and I am loyal to no carrier (despite being with VZ for a long LONG time). But just like real relationships end, so do contracts! And just like VZ or any company is looking out for their bottom dollar, so am I. I will never understand this loyalty business that I have been seeing on crackberry! And frankly, I dont want to understand it. I'm not a drone or a sheep! The only thing I will ever be loyal to is my family and friends. As for businesses like VZ .... I call that a contractual, and therefore, by nature, a temporary relationship.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,165 Global Posts

Ah, the old WiFi/Vzn debate. I think there's a rule at Crackberry that there must be at least on such thread being posted on at all times somewhere lol. IMO WiFi is good, and it doesn't hurt my battery life because I've tried it both on and off and it's no different. I don't have 3g though.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus, iPad2 and iMac. Former BB 8100 and 8900 owner.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ned

I can't wait to get it. Although, I like both my Storm and my Bold.. But I can always get another phone!!!

HTC Inspire 4G - Absolution ROM - Wife's Phone
    Moto Atrix 2 - Still working on bootloader crack - My Phone

Follow me on Twitter: Jerry_Lilly
    My Jeep Club in Iowa
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast