Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default verizon MMS

ive been lookin around i havent really seen much info on this so here it goes

anyone else having issues with pictures being upside when you use MMS or send them to anything for that matter...and is there a fix for it yet or will it be in with the offical OS update?
    Either you define the moment or the moment defines you
    CrackBerry Addict

so if you recieve or send a mms, the phone crops itself upside down?? emails also?? and is it when you just send or just recieve
    another day another dollar, gots to have more dollars
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

just when i send out MMS messages, or when i would send the pic to facebook or myspace and it does it for emails also
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    3100B153 <---- ADD

This happened to be for

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Ok, have you reloaded the os onto your phone. i work on blackberries all day and thats a first i have heard of that issues. if you go to blackberry.com you can reload the 4.5 os to your device through blackberry desktop manager. i recommend that becuase it sounds like software thats causing your issue.
    another day another dollar, gots to have more dollars
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    it on the other guy =D

I've heard of that being a software issue. I'm not quite sure what you could do to fix it.
    If I turn into another. Dig me up from under what is covering the better part of me. Sing this song. Remind me that we'll always have eachother when everything else is gone.
    CrackBerry Master

Wow wtf?

Do you have a Storm 2, or an 8330?...

Either way, I dont think reloading the OS will help. I'm pretty sure that is a problem with the coding in the OS because it does it for me too..
    Storm 2 9550 on Verizon -- OS 5.0.0.743
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

lol sorry, yes i have a storm 2 now, the 8330 is my backup
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,364 Global Posts

hi chad! My S2 also does this on occassion when i post in a bbm chat group. It will sometimes turn my pix sideways or upside down even though the pix was taken at the correct angle. But mine doesnt do it everytime. It seems for a few pix it will post right, then one day it'll post them sideways, then correct itself again. lol. I havent seen anything posted about it myself either. Perhaps, with this thread started, some more people may check and see if they are indeed having this odd issue on occassion or all the time as well!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

ya idk wtf is going on but its annoying
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch Me Please!!

Are you sure you are taking your pictures with the phone right side up? The pictures will show upside down if you take them in landscape with the bottom row keys to the left. They should be on the right side.....
    I > U
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Mine does it too. The most occurring example is when I send them to my Girl's iPhone. They show as sending right side up but when I got back into the message after it has sent, it shows as being sent sideways. I think it has something to do with the taking the picture in potrait mode, but then turning the phone to landscape to send the message and enter text.

Super lame, but not like that's new.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have noticed the phone is basically a landscape phone for picture taking. If you take it in portrait and view the picture on your PC it will be rotated. I guess the software isn't smart enough to keep the portrait pictures in portrait even though it appears as such on the phone. It is dimensionally correct, however, you just have to rotate it once on your PC.
    Always something new to learn with these things
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    30FFB6EA

Quote Originally Posted by mostlydo View Post
    Ok, have you reloaded the os onto your phone. i work on blackberries all day and thats a first i have heard of that issues. if you go to blackberry.com you can reload the 4.5 os to your device through blackberry desktop manager. i recommend that becuase it sounds like software thats causing your issue.
    Reloading the OS is not going to fix this problem. If the phone is not oriented correctly when the picture is taken then it will not send correctly. As stated already, in landscape the "hard" keys need to be to the right and in portrait the "hard" keys need to be on the bottom. Any other way and the images will not send correctly.
    They wont let me put what I want in here so "Support our troops and the h3ll with the press"