Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What OS do you suggest for me? My IT department really isn't that..well....SMART!

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay at 5.0.0.428

6 10.91%
  • Move on up to the .517 from SasKtel

14 25.45%
  • Upgrade to my Providers newly released .607

35 63.64%
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Update or Not?

OK Crackberry nation I love the input you all have so what should I do. Currently running .428 on my 9550 Storm 2...Should I stay with the current OS or update as my IT dept "suggested"?
    Curve>>Storm 1>>Tour>>Storm 2>>Droid Incredible
    CrackBerry Abuser

Go for it. I did and haven't look back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,130 Global Posts

so far, and this is preliminary, I'm not having any issues with 607 that I didn't have with 320, with the POSSIBLE exception of radar maps in weatherbug. not sure if I had an issue before, because radar maps wasn't something I paid any attention to. Oh, the Google maps app is goofed up in 607. will freeze the app when searching.

google sync works, google mobile apps, viigo, pandora, kindle, camera, video camera, videos, voice recorder, voice dialing (with new voice), bbm, iheart radio are all working on my S2.

BBM groups has a keyboard issue but that doesn't affect me.

all in all, I like it due to the pop up keys on the onscreen keyboard. that ROCKS!
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

I say go for it. The updated Os has been amazing for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    T of Guinness for the soul

I don't have a choice when updating, our IT dept does it remotely when it happens. When we were first issued BB's, they didn't know about OS leaks and we had the freedom of upgrading on our own. After the first of this year, all devices were admin locked. They even deleted the stock games, and socia media apps. If you want a certain app, you have to get it approved first and they install it. And if the app is entertainment based (games, social media etc) you can forget it. With 607, it's like a new phone.
    "The iPhone allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history. With the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila" - Unknown

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/?ps1=8B67B Free yourself from cigarettes
    CrackBerry Abuser

i like 6, all except for the typing lag is much more noticeable than any of the other previous leaks...But strangely more accurate though. I can type out a bunch of stuff and let the phone catch up, and although it's behind, it will be the correct words..i'm kinda 50/50 on 607
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krissrock View Post
    i like 6, all except for the typing lag is much more noticeable than any of the other previous leaks...But strangely more accurate though. I can type out a bunch of stuff and let the phone catch up, and although it's behind, it will be the correct words..i'm kinda 50/50 on 607
    Try turning up your key rate to "medium fast" to see if that helps..
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    4,290 Global Posts

No "sticking with .320", or at least an "Other" option? None of those choices apply to my situation.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB

I'm still not sure what to do. I finally got the nerve to upgrade to .517 a few weeks ago because, quite frankly, I got so tired of my Home screen not dating; I was fine with everything else. Then I went with OOAK's Hybrid .591, which worked with the .517 files, and now I LOVE everything about my S2 except the VVM App's behavior. Things are FAST, screen touch is great, etc., so I am hesitating putting on the .607 after so many stories about it. I am curious about the improvements, according to VZW's release about .607, regarding VVM. Has anybody noticed any improvements?
    Cory
    VZW 9550 OOAKDPC .743/.713
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

i'm personally staying with 320 untill there are some fixes to all of the issues i've been reading about.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,199 Global Posts

So far, I have not had any problems. I am enjoying the new OS.
    OS 5.0.0..320

"A VZW REP TOLD ME SOMETHING"...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB

Quote Originally Posted by wdfly View Post
    i'm personally staying with 320 untill there are some fixes to all of the issues i've been reading about.
    I felt that way until 3 weeks ago when I finally upgraded to .517 (which was much better) and a week later went with OOAK's Hybrid .591 (which is based on the .517 and was even BETTER). You are really doing yourself a disservice by not upgrading, even if it's only to .517. Your S2 will simply perform MUCH better - EVERYTHING will be faster (app-to-app, media data, screens, browser, etc.) and the screen touch will be unbelievable...no more "hard" keys, ever! There really seems to be a few issues with .607, but .517 works great. Just totally backup your phone before you start and you can always go back.
    Cory
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB

Quote Originally Posted by Brockmant View Post
    So far, I have not had any problems. I am enjoying the new OS.
    Let's update your signature then!!
    Cory
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    T of Guinness for the soul

Quote Originally Posted by wdfly View Post
    It's not giving everyone issues. Why not try it out. If you have problems, you can always go back to 320. I was a bit leary about getting the upgrade (company does it, I don't control that), but I have not had any issues and it has improved the device.
    "The iPhone allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history. With the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila" - Unknown

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/?ps1=8B67B Free yourself from cigarettes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Nope, not here.
    Mike
    First Storm - Nov. 23, 2008
    9530 - .328 / 9550 - .713 / 9630 .591 / iPhone iOS4
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,453 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me!

curious to hear from any 9550 users on GSM networks....does this keep the EDGE or shuffle to and fro from edge.....I'm getting numerous errors where my main message app crashes and the BB menu doesn't come up..I then have to reboot...so am looking to upgrade to either 517 or this one....