CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Trying to upgrade to .428 - DM doesn't recognize S2 - Windows 7?

Hi,
    I keep trying to upgrade to the .428 leak. After downloading and starting the .428 leak on my desktop, I'm having trouble getting Desktop Manager to recognize my Storm 2 as connected. Once it did actually recognize it as connected then during the upgrade process it did not recognize again after reboot of the device. I'm running Windows 7. Anyone have any advice?

If so, thanks in advance
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Scan It

Although they use similar processes, you could try installing .428 properly. That is, by using apploader at c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader -> loader.exe. Upon launch of loader.exe your device's PIN should be displayed in the loader window.

Other thoughts: have you tried connecting to a different USB port on your computer? Do you have the most recent DM, as located at blackberry.com/software ->Desktop Software -> DM for PC-> Download? Lastly, you could take a look in control panel at device manager, and make sure your USB controller is active, has current drivers, etc.

I hope this helps.
    Always Handy:Storm2 Tips & Tricks >|< Learn It, Live It, Love It: Proper Upgrade/Downgrade Procedures
    Need Memory? Click Here: Increase Your Memory!
    The 11/3 Project!All the flawed logic of a raving madman... with jokes! >|< Best Themes Around: *RJ Design*
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch Me Please!!

also make sure you are not connected to the internet.

I've done this upgrade with W7 and it worked just fine using loader.exe
    I > U
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default Back-up and loader.exe

How do you back-up with loader.exe? I can't seem to get DM to recognize my Storm 2 regardless of Internet or not. Checked the USB controller on Device Manager - all is up to date.

BTW - do you advise doing a complete wipe on .428 upgrade?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Anyone have any solutions? Much appreciated