Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Those of us on VzW already going to feel iphone pain on Jan. 16

Verizon, evidently due to the high cost involved in getting the iphone on the network, is dropping the option in a few days for "new every two" and early upgrades.

Yep.

Thanks. Nice customer service there.
    ============================

Please, God, for another day grant me
    the wisdom to know the difference.

============================
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,961 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kb5zht View Post
    Verizon, evidently due to the high cost involved in getting the iphone on the network, is dropping the option in a few days for "new every two" and early upgrades.

Yep.

Thanks. Nice customer service there.
    they should take a page from the Netflix playbook. Netflix does a far better job with customer relations and customer service. Or Bed, Bath and Beyond. Or even Kohl's.

I think Verizon execs went to the same screw-the-customer seminars that Best Buy shirts attended.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Newbie

Source for this info?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?
    CrackBerry User

Only applies for new customers (read AT&T-ites going for the VZ iPhone). Existing VZW customers are grandfathered in.

However, Storm2 owners will only receive $.02 for their upgrade when it comes time for a new phone.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,495 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINCH ME!!! My Z30 and Playbook are so great I must be dreaming!!!!

I don't see where the pain comes in. I interpret this change like the norm. If you were already on NE2, you don't lose your upgrade. For instance i'm in month 23, even though I just got a new S2 back in Nov. If anything you're bound to that device in months 13 -20 like it says. That's how it should be. Its not NE2 if you're trying to upgrade after a year. New customers can't miss what they never had, so whats the problem here, and old customers will either switch or live with it.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Ball Wizard!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stormbabe View Post
    However, Storm2 owners will only receive $.02 for their upgrade when it comes time for a new phone.
    *giggle*

That made me smile.

Seriously, though, I think I will pass on the iPhone and just wait till the Droid Bionic drops. It looks uber-sexy.
    Peace is more than just the absence of conflict......
    If you find yourself arguing with me, don't worry. It happens to everybody.
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,450 Global Posts

No problem. I keep my phones for 2 years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    PIN
    lssanjose@gmail.com (Google Talk)

I have to remind myself I'm upgrade eligible in August. But, I also have to remind myself to check if Oregon has that dubious law like California where I'll be taxed for the full retail price of the phone.
    I will never understand these "help me to decide" threads. Grow a pair, or put on your big girl panties (whichever applies), and make the decision that works best for you. - AmazinglyGraceless.