Telus Storm2 9550 Official OS Upgrade to 184.108.40.2063
While this is old news for almost all other carriers, Telus has finally upgraded the Storm2 OS from version 220.127.116.110 to 18.104.22.1683. For those who like to stick with official carrier upgrades, you can now upgrade to .713. Looks like this was released on September 8th.
Here is the official link: BlackBerry¬ģ Storm2‚ĄĘ 9550¬*|¬* Phones and devices¬*|¬* Support¬*|¬* TELUS Mobility
And here is the link to manually download the OS: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E607FE7CC0E1A0
Make sure you select the link for the BlackBerry Storm2 (TM) 9550 Smartphone as the other contains the link for .320. Package version is 22.214.171.1246.
Please note that some users have experienced calling problems with this OS. If you find that you get a "robotic" voice issue while talking on the phone, please contact Telus to report the problem and have it escalated. If you do experience this issue, you can downgrade back to 126.96.36.1990 or another OS version from another carrier (e.g. 188.8.131.527 or 184.108.40.2067).
Tell me about it! Now to reload the OS and call Telus to report the robotic/distorted voice issue. I honestly can't figure out why they would approve this update given that all of the other carriers are dealing with this issue and RIM is fully aware of it. Mind you, they did the same with .419 for the Storm 9530 - waited until all of the other carriers had updated and people were reporting the SMS and speed dial bugs, then waited some more before approving .419.
Hey Ntario, what sort of response did you get when you called in? Did they acknowledge the problem? When I called, I was the first they'd seen and the guy didn't know the best way to escalate it internally within Telus given that it wasn't a data issue.
- 09-24-2010, 04:08 PM #9
i wanna try this os out,i downloaded and saved it to my pc and deleted the xml file.
now i opened desktop manager and try to update the os, it cant find the new os i downloaded?
It brings me to a screen where it gives me a option to repair or remove. Not sure what one to click on.
i know im probably doing something wrong lol
need some help,thanks
Last edited by mohawk rcer; 09-24-2010 at 04:59 PM.
- 09-24-2010, 05:25 PM #12hydroz_23 - S2 OS Links Superpage! 9550 Only * BBSAK
How to Backup/Restore All Data, Apps & Upgrade OS - ALL DEVICES with PICS!!
Bold 9650, Rooted HTC Incredible & Rooted LG Revolution
- CrackBerry User
09-29-2010, 12:00 PM #14
- 71 Posts
Yes...running on official Telus 220.127.116.113 as well. This is what I've found so far:
1. UI is overall faster
2. Gone/Fixed is the random freezing keys especially the bottom four keys
3. Surepress is much easier (it actually feels softer and clicks a bit too much easily as I am a fast typer and make a bit more mistakes now...now I have to slow down)
4. BB Browser has improved in speed.
1. The annoying garbled sound. (I notice it way more when both parties talk at the same time. If I let them finish their sentence...no problems but if I accidentally say something at the same time, then the garbled robotic sound comes out.
2. Weird random re-boots once in a blue moon
3. When trying to re-enter password...sometimes, it wont let me enter any letters/symbols or numbers eventhough the keyboard screen is up. When I enter...nothing is showing what I've entered eventhough the keys are highlighted (blue) when my finger is hovering over the actual letter. Then when I press enter is says incorrect password 1/10, 2/10, 3/10. At this point...I just pull out the battery and re-boot.
4. The actual radio signal bar is way, way more active. In places that I've always had a strong 2-3 bars...now it shows 1 or sometimes no bars at all but still says 1XEV yet my phone still works perfectly.
What I've done to help allieviate the garbled noise problem is to set my sound to normal. Before (since this totally helped in clear voice calls in the past included my original Storm 1) I had set it to "BOOST TREBLE"
Now it's been reset back to normal. You can still hear the odd garbled sound but at least its not as loud and piercing.
I might go back to .320 as I never had all those issues with the exception of RANDOM FREEZING BUTTONS. I fixed that by tapping a few times until it eventually lets me click that button. You can really notice this when it's cold outside and your hands are cold.
Last edited by qphone; 09-29-2010 at 12:05 PM.