CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Sync Exchange and Gmail contacts?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a BES account and use Outlook Exchange for my primary email, contacts and calendar. I have a gmail account and have cleared out all of my contacts as they were really disorganized. On the Verizon BB website in my Gmail setup, there's an option to "synchronize" the contacts in the Gmail account. I would like to see how it works but don't want to risk messing up my Exchange account. Will it do anything to the contacts in exchange or just transfer them to Gmail from my phone without modifying those in exchange?
    Thanks. I hope that made sense!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgmidf View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a BES account and use Outlook Exchange for my primary email, contacts and calendar. I have a gmail account and have cleared out all of my contacts as they were really disorganized. On the Verizon BB website in my Gmail setup, there's an option to "synchronize" the contacts in the Gmail account. I would like to see how it works but don't want to risk messing up my Exchange account. Will it do anything to the contacts in exchange or just transfer them to Gmail from my phone without modifying those in exchange?
    Thanks. I hope that made sense!
    I would STRONGLY advise not check marking the Contacts button under the mail account.

Look for an App called Google Sync and use it. That should do what you want it to do, although I don't know if Google has opened up two way sync on the Address book for BlackBerrys. Last I checked it was only a 1 way sync.
    CrackBerry Genius

Agree, do not sync with Gmail contacts as this WILL mess up the outlook. I have BES as well and don't even use gmail on the BB except just to read and reply from. No sync at all from gmail
    Taking the world by Storm(2)!
    Unlocked 9550
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks, that was my concern. I'll leave it alone.
    CrackBerry User

i'm in the same situation: i have a microsoft exchange account (mail2web) that i sync with outlook 2007 (contact calendars exct) and i own 2 gmail accounts too.

to sync all my exchange data to gmail i use this software running over outlook : gsyncit

gSyncit - Microsoft Outlook / Google Sync

its working good and its full of options !!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    PIN
    nacle

Um yeah.... I too have been trying to do this for some time. I wanted my bes tp be biz contacts only and my GMAIL for personal contacts only. I not only wanted then seperately but also sync'd two-way on each.... So if I added a contact to GMAIL account on the BB it would update via web.

So far all I got was a screwed up outlook contact listing. I installed and use google sync, so my GMAIL contact list is not altered... But my outlook is all screwed up (which I now must clean). Until there's true two-way sync with google I'm going to have to use my bes for my contact.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    4,236 Global Posts

If you don't have any contacts in your GMail, then it might work. What most people are warning against is having your GMail contacts "invade" your Exchange/Outlook contacts.

First off, I do concur with recommendation to NOT use the contacts sync option via the email settings, but rather use the Google Sync app if you're gonna do this (it just works better in all situations).

Second, if it were me trying to what you want, I'd first clear all contacts out of my gmail (which you said you already did), install Google Sync, but make sure it's set to manual. Then, if you do a sync, it should just move all of the contacts from your BB into your GMail. It shouldn't mess up your exchange contacts at all, since there's nothing on the GMail side to move over. If it actually works correctly, then you set it to automatic to keep everything matched up -- but keep in mind that it will add all contacts to both places, so not a good idea if you want to keep business and personal contacts separate, which simply won't work doing everything through the blackberry.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Exchange contacts on BIS?

I am a newbie to BB and currently I am using BB 9550. I have BIS account activated and I want to know, whether I would be able to see the Contacts on the Exchange server on my BB?

or is this possible only with a BES account?
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Sync Exchange and Gmail contacts?

Quote Originally Posted by sriramp777 View Post
    I am a newbie to BB and currently I am using BB 9550. I have BIS account activated and I want to know, whether I would be able to see the Contacts on the Exchange server on my BB?

or is this possible only with a BES account?
    No, you cannot sync with outlook for BIS. since you are not directly connected with exchange but in webmail mode. CMIIW
    sent from anywhere
    @isatbb@isatbbplg
    #mybb10
    #BB10Believe
    Blog: bb10believe.blogspot.com

HONK! IF YOU WANT BLACKBERRY 10

9380, Black and White Z10, LG Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 520