Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,184 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default SurePress Here To Stay

As I have said, the new input method, is still the same, but a little different. Check it out--> RIM CEO: "SurePress is here to stay"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

OMG I LOVE RIM muhahahah yes muhahahahah thank god !!!!!
    Lost count of how many phones I have had.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,301 Global Posts
    PIN
    CHE palanca

Thankfully it won't be what's on the present Storm though.

I will stay tuned to hear what surepress really is.

Sooks it said surepress not truepress is here to stay : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,184 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Thankfully it won't be what's on the present Storm though.

I will stay tuned to hear what surepress really is.

Sooks it said surepress not truepress is here to stay : )

Haha. I can say for sure I believe people will find the input method to function quite well on this device. As I have said before, there is no longer one button under the screen......
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,525 Global Posts
    PIN
    Is mightier than the sword!

Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme View Post
    As I have said, the new input method, is still the same, but a little different. Check it out--> RIM CEO: "SurePress is here to stay"
    Cool, because regardless of the many problems with the current Storm...SurePress has made it better than every touch screen phone, including the Jesus phone, at typing.
    I am not Neo, but I am still the 1.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,525 Global Posts
    PIN
    Is mightier than the sword!

Haha. I can say for sure I believe people will find the input method to function quite well on this device. As I have said before, there is no longer one button under the screen......
    So from your opinion, is this new input method EVEN BETTER than the original storm's? And how so?
    I am not Neo, but I am still the 1.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,301 Global Posts
    PIN
    CHE palanca

I know you can't say anything but I can only deduce that its probobly better......

Thanks for info dude.

CrackBerry User

i'm sorry, don't have my phone just yet but, there's only one button under the sreen of the Storm 1?
    P.H. F&AM
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

Haha. I can say for sure I believe people will find the input method to function quite well on this device. As I have said before, there is no longer one button under the screen......[/QUOTE]

Please explain more of what you are thinking.
    CrackBerry User

I'm quite pleased to hear this. My favourite thing about my storm is the SurePress entry method. I don't miss-click on anything like I would normally do on other touch devices.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts

Now if they can just get the OS to be as zippy on the Storm 2 as it is on all their other QWERTY models.
    CrackBerry User

after reading the article, it seems as if the screen will still use the sure press method. may the screen will just give you some type of "force feed back"?

sorry about the lack of knowlage about the phone....but, i won't have mine untill June.
    P.H. F&AM
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

And no one ever said that the buttons have to actually be functional to register the clicking. They could have done a button suspension system that gives you the click feel, but used screen pressure detection native to the Synaptics digitizer to register the click function.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,774 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Lawl View Post
    I'm quite pleased to hear this. My favourite thing about my storm is the SurePress entry method. I don't miss-click on anything like I would normally do on other touch devices.
    Did you even read the article? It says;

"In a scandalous, but not entirely shocking turn of events, RIM CEO Mike Lazaridis has declared from the stage of D7 in no uncertain terms that "SurePress is here to stay." The trouble is, there's no clarification of what he means by that, since the Storm 2 we've been toying with quite obviously lacks a click-screen mechanism. Our best shot-in-the-dark guess is that RIM has developed some alternative to a physical click that may or may not duplicate the functionality adequately, while hopefully removing some of the frustration experienced by the physical click of the Storm. What is clear is that apparently whatever face-saving technology that turns out to be, Mike and co. plan on calling it SurePress."

Lol @ "face saving". Everyone knows that surepress as it exists in the Storm 1 is crap. Whatever method they use for Storm 2 is going to be called "surepress", no matter how much it differs from the original.

As long as that gimmicky, cheap as **** crap Surepress is gone, I will be stoked.
    Distributor of pain.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    330404E9

I'm glad the Storm 2 will keep the SureType technology. If not the same than obviously something that is improved. To me it's one of the major things that makes it stand out from any other smartphone/touchscreen.
    Really excited to see new details about this device popping up later on.
    Amateur Hour is Over.
    The world's first professional-grade tablet
    -||BlackBerry PlayBook||-
    OS 2.0.1.358

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

I personally would welcome a pressure system rather then a clicking one. It would make for some silent typing yo!

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,774 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
    I personally would welcome a pressure system rather then a clicking one. It would make for some silent typing yo!

Agreed, yo!
    Distributor of pain.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,829 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH ME.

Still hoping for that, huh?
    Check out my Crackberry video contest (winning!!!) entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRi7isNtOEA
    Don't follow me on Twitter.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default My thoughts on "Surepress"

I think it would make sense for people to choose if they want to use "surepress" or to use an automatic touch like the dare or voyager for example. That way everyone is happy and no one will complain about the touch screen. I think the new "surepress" will be divided into segments of buttons in order to make the touch a little more responsive when you click. That's just my opinion obviously

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    Still hoping for that, huh?
    Hoping?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Hoping?

Civic , your never going to give up on that pressure thing ! lol , it wont be different pressure levels !!!! , its going to be a click button in each corner and one in the middle, thats the only thing that makes sense . That will defeat the tough corner clicks and will reduce the time it takes for the screen to "click" back up thus typing will be no longer slowed due to the one click , plus more buttons furthur spread out = less pressure needed to click the screen , kinda like thoes razors compairing 3 blades to NOW 5 lol ...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,301 Global Posts
    PIN
    CHE palanca

It has to be pressure based rather than the "click"

look at the tight tolerances on the screen. It doesn't have that trench around it anymore.

Plus it would be obvious from that video if the screen clicked. The guy pressed it and I will paraphrase "there is no click"

You don't miss something as obvious as that unless the nerve endings in your hands are shot and your deaf.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

look at the tight tolerances on the screen. It doesn't have that trench around it anymore.

Plus it would be obvious from that video if the screen clicked. The guy pressed it and I will paraphrase "there is no click"

You don't miss something as obvious as that unless the nerve endings in your hands are shot and your deaf.

If you were to actually read once in a while , you will read on engadget that the storm they had was lacking the click mec which is why he couldnt select ok , THAT STORM WAS NOT COMPLETE.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,829 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH ME.

But maybe that was not a final production model? Maybe it was soooo early prototype that it didnt have the new click in it?

Idk, but from what it seems, and from what Crucial has said, it will have more buttons...and thats it.

Tour? Where art thou?
    Check out my Crackberry video contest (winning!!!) entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRi7isNtOEA
    Don't follow me on Twitter.

Global Posts
    9,474 Global Posts
    PIN
    type mypin

going by what CX said if its no longer 1 button under the screen that would lead me to believe that there is a crap ton of buttons under the screen which may prove to be interesting

I will be excited to hear what the people who purchase it say about it. I will also check it out at the store anyway
    Guys/Gals when I post things I am posting to the best of my knowledge if I am for certain incorrect please correct me more knowledge to me helps. Thanks!
    http://twitter.com/sn4p2k10
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast