Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default SurePress Fans...How Many Strong?!?!

Understanding that upgrades will occur & progress is necessary, how many CB peeps out there LOVE SurePress & want to see it stay...no matter what improvements RIM implements?!?!
    Like it or hate it, it makes for the most unique touchsreen device on the market, & I love that! Please stick around SurePress!!!
    CrackBerry User

Yea, go on with SurePress, it makes phone alot more efficient. Develop SurePress in details, or leave it like it is now(just add pinch to zoom), just don't dump it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Pretty crazy people love SurePress considering what else is out there.
    But to each his own.
    CrackBerry Genius

Keep SurePress in the Storm series as that's what it's best known for; design a different device sans SurePress for users that want something without. I'd recommend not combining the two with a SurePress shutoff until they get a perfect (no bugs) SurePress design.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Default63 View Post
    But to each his own.
    Insanity at it's finest..."Insane in the membrane, insane in the brain"!
    CrackBerry User

I like it because I seem to type more accurately with it. With the touch screen phone I had before, I was always making spelling errors, since with the slightest touch, the letter would come up.

I agree with keeping Sure Press in the Storm series.

"Insanity at it's finest..."Insane in the membrane, insane in the brain"! " <---lol..love Cypress Hill.
    CrackBerry Abuser

*raises hand* yes I love surepress. If you get rid of surepress in the storm you basically have a torch handset without the slide-out keyboard.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." --Ronald Reagan
    CrackBerry Abuser

But to each his own.
    This makes no sense. Can you elaborate?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." --Ronald Reagan
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,025 Global Posts

If it doesn't have surepress, it isn't a Storm. Period.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,803 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

SurePress was the main selling point for me on the S1 and one of the top three reasons I upgraded to the S2. It IS what makes the Storm and differentiates it from the rest. It also makes the phone easier and more pleasing to use. I can honestly say with at least 95% confidence that I will buy the next version of the Storm if it has SurePress. If it does not have it then all bets are off because then it just becomes ordinary and the same as the rest.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,025 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH0308 View Post
    SurePress was the main selling point for me on the S1 and one of the top three reasons I upgraded to the S2. It IS what makes the Storm and differentiates it from the rest. It also makes the phone easier and more pleasing to use. I can honestly say with at least 95% confidence that I will buy the next version of the Storm if it has SurePress. If it does not have it then all bets are off because then it just becomes ordinary and the same as the rest.
    that's exactly how I feel about Surepress/Storm, Chuck. It would be just "another" touchscreen phone if it didn't have SP, and I'd hate typing on it, as I do my Touch.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,803 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

I can't stand typing on anything that doesn't "give.". I never have been the tapping kind though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts

@Chuck, and Dave...enough said. Can't agree with you guys more. When I first got Odin, I really liked the SurePress, now I absolutley love it. No SP, no Storm.
    Odin...1015
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

I have used both and it just a matter of getting used to the one you are using. I like both.
    Always a Storm in my hands.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BerryBlack15 View Post
    This makes no sense. Can you elaborate?
    Surepress is far from a great way to use a touchscreen device considering no other companies use it.

I am not hating, just saying not very many people like it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckH0308 View Post
    I can't stand typing on anything that doesn't "give.". I never have been the tapping kind though.
    EXACTLY! I LOVE SurePress...I can't stand "pecking" on solid piece of glass like a pigeon eating seeds! I like the "give" of the screen, allowing me to make a selection and then pressing to actually finalize that selection.

Surepress is far from a great way to use a touchscreen device considering no other companies use it.
    Just because no other companies use it, doesn't mean it's bad, just different - you could look at it that the other companies weren't innovated (brave) enough to try something like this! It certainly was inviting criticism and it was certainly an engineering marvel (nightmare) to produce, but from S1 to S2 it was improved greatly...we can only hope that the S3 is even better.

I am not hating, just saying not very many people like it.
    I think more people would like it, if they used it...it seems like most Storm uses want SurePress. It is something that took me a couple days to feel comfortable with, but now I just don't want to give it up!
    Cory
    VZW 9550 OOAKDPC .743/.713
    CrackBerry Abuser

Played with a Torch today. I think OS 6 is kinda neat, but not all that impressed.

Without SurePress, Storm series is just a Torch. After getting used to the push touch screen, I don't think I could go back. Well, maybe I could, but I prefer the Storm series.
    Current OS: 5.0.0.1082

Don't hurt me, i'm just a n00b
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    PIN
    if you wanna know ask....

Please please please keeeeeeeeep surepresssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
    i gots me a storm2... AND I luvs it!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch0 View Post
    Played with a Torch today. I think OS 6 is kinda neat, but not all that impressed.

Without SurePress, Storm series is just a Torch. After getting used to the push touch screen, I don't think I could go back. Well, maybe I could, but I prefer the Storm series.
    Word! Anyone who reads this, would you trade your Storm 2 for a Torch - not including the new OS as part of the equation; just hardware/screen taken into account...
    I. WOULD. NOT. STORM 2 REPRESENT!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I hated touch screens until I tried Storm 2. Its the reason I got Storm instead of Bold or Tour. I absolutely love Surepress and hope they keep it around.
    CrackBerry Abuser

+1 in favor of Surepress!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    892 Global Posts

SurePress is amazing. Can't do without it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

I always considered myself someone who liked SurePress. It seemed like a sensible approach to the design. Got a Droid X yesterday and I'm already typing faster on it than I was after one year on SurePress. I've certainly not ruled out returning to the BB platform down the road. But after having using a non-SurePress phone, I'd have to say I'd like to see RIM dump it.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Stephen F. Roberts
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm all about the surepress! Huge update from the Storm 1. Let's see another great transition between Storm 2 to Storm 3!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I would challenge anyone to a speed typing test with my surepress! I have tried normal touchscreens, and can guarantee that the surepress is by far the fastest and most accurate screen available. Please RIM, do not listen to the haters!!!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast