Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Storm2 owners...your future plans now with no OS 6 for you?

Like most of you I'm a little P****d that there will be no OS 6 for my storm2 as is. I'm somewhat torn now because part of me still loves many aspects of my s2 but the other part of me thinks RIM screwed me over on a phone less than a year old. Also, its very obvious from pure specs that RIM is now just trying to catch up with phones that have already been released by Droid. We don't even know if future blackberries in 2010 will match the specs of the motorola droid released in 2009.

So are you done with blackberry? Switching to Droid or Iphone?

Going to wait it out to see what comes out with the storm3? Will storm3 step it up enought to make it worth the wait? Or are you waiting for another future blackberry?

By the way how long have you been a blackberry owner and is loyalty and familiarity skew your opinion of RIM?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." --Ronald Reagan
    CrackBerry Abuser

pissed censored? lol
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,814 Global Posts

Apparently, only if it's capitalized.

I'm pretty upset that my 2010 Ram 2500 does not have the latest doo dads that 2011 model has. I wonder if they'll let me exchange it for free?
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    PIN
    ts....mmmm...pints....

I'm not pissed for them releasing new phones with new cool things, I am pissed that we are likely not going to get an improved browser, I am also a bit pissed that because the carriers like Vrz and Telus stopped playing with testing for OS6 on Storms that we will not have many devs working on more apps for the platform... we have 9 month old phones that are rendered obsolete when the Curve and Bold lines have gone through various stages of growth.

I am stuck with BB for work purposes so I won't be leaving, and the messaging functions are most important to me over the web browsing and media player flaws that are inherent with BB products in general and were misses that could have been hits with the Storm line.

Disappointed yes, switching? no.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grey View Post

I'm pretty upset that my 2010 Ram 2500 does not have the latest doo dads that 2011 model has. I wonder if they'll let me exchange it for free?
    That's not the right analogy.

When you buy a smartphone... You expect support, OS updates, bugfixes, etc.... To be left in the cold after 6 months is appalling.

What if RAM decided not to support (ie.: void warranties, stop making exchange pieces) your 2010 Ram 2500 after 6 months?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,802 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

RIM is still using hardware specs from last year. The new OS is running on minimum specs already for the 9800. This doesn't give me positive thoughts about something good coming out of RIM within the next 6 months or so. I plan to upgrade again around the end of the year, so I will re-evaluate at that time, but as of right now I'm probably going to go to Android. I'm hoping that Samsung will have an LTE version of the Galaxy series coming down the pipe (or at least in the works) by the end of the year. If that happens that's where I will probably go. The only thing that might keep my with BB would be an upcoming Storm with a larger and higher resolution screen, 1+ GHz, and at least 1 GB or RAM. There also need to be some Surepress fixes, though I want them to still offer it. I'm not keeping my hopes up though for those hardware specs from RIM. I doubt we will see 1 GB of RAM until OS 12 comes out and it takes up 900 MB's of it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by hocks16 View Post
    pissed censored? lol
    wow that contributed greatly to the thread...thanks
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." --Ronald Reagan
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    PIN
    ts....mmmm...pints....

ummm Finewolf, you will still have a warranty and they (rim and the carrier) will have a warchest of product to support the phone...

OS Updates, Bugfixes, new apps, continued development is where we have every right to be upset.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts

i have been with RIM since the 7130 up til the 9650 and recently jumped ship to a incredible cause i was so fedup with all the issues with the newer devices and their build quality or buggy os even with updates....so for now and maybe forever(until my work gives me a phone) good bye RIM and hello DROID
    Blackberry 8830>Pearl>Curve>Storm>Tour>Storm2
    CrackBerry User

but where were all those promises when the storm 2 comes out?
    3d games (need for speed)
    flash and alot of new things in a nearly future?
    NOTHING!!!!!! just a little bit of memory than storm 1 and thats it!!!
    sorry guys but I feel cheated!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,814 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FineWolf View Post
    That's not the right analogy.

When you buy a smartphone... You expect support, OS updates, bugfixes, etc.... To be left in the cold after 6 months is appalling.

What if RAM decided not to support (ie.: void warranties, stop making exchange pieces) your 2010 Ram 2500 after 6 months?
    If engineers stopped developing things UNLESS they could be made backwards compatible to last years creations, we'd all still be watching black and white tvs. I would think that everyone here bought their S2 because it did what they wanted it to do...not because of what they hoped it might become one day.
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    PIN
    3103909B

Default nope but

if its in good condition and only has like lets say 9k miles on if with will give u 80% of what u paid for it and put it towards the 2011 model which is more than what rim will give you and plus there will be no 5.0 updates im sure so this buggy phone is what u get for your 200$ if u like that fine but i dont because im not a fanboy.
    fyi 2010 ram can do everything the 2011 can do but os 5 cannot do half of what os6 can do plus they stopped support of 5 for the most part so yes it isnt right to be dumped on something u just bought and atleast give me the updates i want and probably need
    CrackBerry User

havent decided yet
    but this is bull****
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,814 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goingdead View Post
    havent decided yet
    but this is bull****
    I didn't know you could say bull****...what about ****bag?
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts

Hanging on to it for now. Going to wait and see if the Storm 3 is for real, no not the REFLUSH but a totally new unit.
    CrackBerry Genius

I didn't know you could say bull****...what about ****bag?
    Guess ****bag is ok. What about "eat **** you muthaflackin ****** bag!"?

Edit: Nope, that's not OK with the censors...
    Taking the world by Storm(2)!
    Unlocked 9550
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

Gotta admit . . . If iPhone comes to Verizon, I'd seriously consider leaving my BB behind
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkingsf View Post

hahahahahahahaha
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 3073 View Post
    Hanging on to it for now. Going to wait and see if the Storm 3 is for real, no not the REFLUSH but a totally new unit.
    Part of me wants to hold out for the storm3 also. But is there any valid info on its specs? And how long will it before it comes out?

The longer it takes the less storm2 owners are going to stick around for it.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,814 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkingsf View Post

You're cracking me up!
    Semper Fi
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

I feel like RIM tricks people into buying their overrated outdated products. Brainwashed man...There's the logical side telling me to hate RIM because of how they're milking their loyal customers.... Anyone who doesn't realize this is a naive ******. We are getting played...but at the same time, I can't let go...damn CRACKberry!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've have had my storm 2 from the day they started putting them out.. I and another work mate were at the doors before they opened (by like 10 mins.) I never had or used a blackberry phone and I like the storm 2 for the most part. However it is about 8 months old and can not run the new OS.. Even my two year old computer with vista took on windows seven with out a blink of an eye... I feel like I bought a C64 in a 64bit world now. I have in my hands, my first and last blackberry product if this is true about the no os6 update. When my 2 years is up on this dude I will be looking to a company that is more keeping up with the times. Blackberry may be fine for the business world but not for me. Got me once, you'll not get me again. Thanks for the ride RIM but I think I'll be getting off at the next stop.
    CrackBerry Genius

My future plans are to stay away from Crackberry.com as much as possible.

The forums anyway. They are mostly unmoderated and get filled up with a lot of drivle like this thread.
    Taking the world by Storm(2)!
    Unlocked 9550
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    PIN
    Can't let you know cuz she's my GF!

Guys... don't get upset... just look at the south koreans... they are getting the remains of s2 soon... they should be the upset ones.
    ALMOST PERFECT STORM2
    OS = .1015
    Digitizer = TM1299/TM1304 LCD = 002/111
    I sold my 3gs and got a free storm2 plus extra cash in pocket for holiday!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

all I want is a new web browser

if not I'm going to look into other options come November.
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast