Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark PPG
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Smile Storm2 9550 UNLOCKED Data Services not working

Hello Friends,

I m using BB Storm2 9550 with IDEA, India. It is Unlocked from Verizon. I have done everything but still m not able to use BB services though I can call/text anybody. i.e. I still have "edge" rather then "EDGE"......

Now the exact problem is like when a phone is UNLOCKED, sometimes only voice services are unclocked and not the data services. That causes the user to use only SMS and calls.

We have to make sure that DATA services too are unlocked from the original carrier.

Any Help how can we unlock DATA services????

Karan
    +91-9881207225
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

Data functions on a BlackBerry depend on Service Books.
    Service Books come from your service provider if they support the device.
    If they don't, then you will only be able to use voice and SMS on the device.

The unlocked status doesn't really have anything to do with it other than allowing the device to work on a different carrier network.

Does your service provider support that device?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yes it supports that device. and they also have activated my Blackberry Data Plan...

they told me that my device is not patching up with thier Server as i am still getting "edge" and not "EDGE"

what should i tell them???
    CrackBerry Addict

There are a few things that will need to be done to allow it to work properly (been there, done that!)

Go to:
    Options, advanced options, TCP and uncheck everything listed there.

Then
    Manage connections, mobile network options, select 2g only!

Then
    Options, advanced options, host routing table. Hit the menu button and select register now.

You may have to turn off and on your mobile connection after that a few times after that. But give it a few mins and you should see EDGE.

Good luck!

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    CandyLV (09-24-2011) 
    CandyLV likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Hi Mark,

I guess when EDGE appears only then we can have the Host route entries, it not that first we have to register and then EDGE comes.

I am on 2G itself

Anyways I have done that a million of times!!!!!

any other options mark!!!! thanks for your valuable time n support
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Mark,

I have tried ponce again right now as per your directions!!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default unlocked BB 9550 on LIME (cable & wireless)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark PPG View Post
    There are a few things that will need to be done to allow it to work properly (been there, done that!)

Go to:
    Options, advanced options, TCP and uncheck everything listed there.

Then
    Manage connections, mobile network options, select 2g only!

Then
    Options, advanced options, host routing table. Hit the menu button and select register now.

You may have to turn off and on your mobile connection after that a few times after that. But give it a few mins and you should see EDGE.

Good luck!

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you so much for the above post! My phone has been at the actual LIME support desk 3 times for this issue that took 90 seconds to apply!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Default Unlocked Blackberry Storm2

Quote Originally Posted by CandyLV View Post
    Thank you so much for the above post! My phone has been at the actual LIME support desk 3 times for this issue that took 90 seconds to apply!
    That's great - enjoy your unlocked Blackberry Storm 2
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi Mark,
    I tried your solution but didnt work for my BB9550. I am in Nigeria using Globacom.
    Any further suggestions would be apprciated. I can't browse nor recieve data services on my device despite my active data subcription status.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I bought a Blackberry Storm 2 unlocked and it says its a verizon phone but i inserted my at&t sim card and i can call and text. It does say EDGE at the top but when i try to go to the browser it says this is a wifi service. please ensure your device has an active wifi connection and try again. this is even with my wifi turned off. how can i get my internet to work? and mms?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,985 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janitajackson View Post
    I bought a Blackberry Storm 2 unlocked and it says its a verizon phone but i inserted my at&t sim card and i can call and text. It does say EDGE at the top but when i try to go to the browser it says this is a wifi service. please ensure your device has an active wifi connection and try again. this is even with my wifi turned off. how can i get my internet to work? and mms?
    Read this and follow all the instructions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...m-95xx-107154/
    CrackBerry Newbie

Arrow Blackberry Storm 2 9550

ANY BODY CAN HELP ME?

Abeer From Pakistan
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Abeer Azaad View Post
    ANY BODY CAN HELP ME?

Abeer From Pakistan
    You have a BB data plan and can't get the browser to work?