Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Storm 2 and OS 6

I know the (crap) i will take for posting this but I loaded OS6 onto my Storm 2 and this was the only error I got while loading the software...
    A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Module incompatible. [J:0x00000011]

The update file "net_rim_bb_browser_lib.cod" for application "BlackBerry 6.0.0 Core Applications" is not compatible with the version of the application that is installed on your device. Delete the application from your device, and then re-install the application. Warning: If you delete an application from your device, you also delete any device data that is associated with the application.

Just maybe this will help? Us Storm 2 people get OS6, cause it will work....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB

Why does that mean it will work? Just curious, because I do not know...
    Cory
    VZW 9550 OOAKDPC .743/.713

Im guessing you just loaded the cod files (from the java) folder, correct?
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com

lmao, you did NOT load OS 6 onto the storm. the is NO radio file available to even try to load.

FAIL
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I said loaded, didnt say it was booting up yet....
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Shao128 View Post
    Im guessing you just loaded the cod files (from the java) folder, correct?
    I replaced the java files and removed the browers files from the java folder and the browser.alx to get past the installation errors, I did get it to install but with a 200 Error.... Still tinkering with it....
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    HEAD

then it would be a hybrid not a os load and there are hybrids out with 6.0 files in it already.
    its not os 6 untill you have the radio file that is os 6
    VZW 9550 with .1015 os
    rocking the best os so far so good !
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts

i just loaded it on my storm 2, i love OS6, it is great
    Fillyo
    htc Thunderbolt
    RIP: Dinc, 9550, 9530, 8330
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fillyo View Post
    You dun hav a Storm anymo'. Mr. Incredible...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

It may be dumb question, sorry, but what exactly is "Radio" in BlackBerry technology/terminology?

Thanks.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BB Storm 2(Verizon Wireless UNLOCKED) Issues

Hi Everyone

I have recently bought the Blackberry Strom 2 9550 from Ebay(Verizon Unlocked) and I am using this in Saudi Arabia on the Mobily Network(a Local Service Provider). The phone is great, but I can’t see the application to use the GPS Maps (I don’t know if this could be used). The only application it does have is the VZNavigator which I believe that works only in the U.S, Is there an alternate application that I can install to use GPS Navigation? Or is there device software for Saudi Arabia that has all relevant applications?

Secondly is it possible for me to use the Internet on the blackberry through the network (GPRS) and not from Wi-Fi?

Thanks

Denham
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,114 Global Posts
    PIN
    The Tail On The Donkey

Quote Originally Posted by maya77 View Post
    It may be dumb question, sorry, but what exactly is "Radio" in BlackBerry technology/terminology?

Thanks.
    Radio is as in radio receiver. Just like an am/FM radio, except it receives cell phone frequencies instead of music radio frequencies or signal.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    754 Global Posts
    PIN
    Can't let you know cuz she's my GF!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by denham travice View Post
    hi everyone

i have recently bought the blackberry strom 2 9550 from ebay(verizon unlocked) and i am using this in saudi arabia on the mobily network(a local service provider). The phone is great, but i can’t see the application to use the gps maps (i don’t know if this could be used). The only application it does have is the vznavigator which i believe that works only in the u.s, is there an alternate application that i can install to use gps navigation? Or is there device software for saudi arabia that has all relevant applications?

Secondly is it possible for me to use the internet on the blackberry through the network (gprs) and not from wi-fi?

Thanks

denham

no bis plan = no bb apps = only wifi bb browser = no bb features = no bb map = soooo many bb stuff you cannot do
    ALMOST PERFECT STORM2
    OS = .1015
    Digitizer = TM1299/TM1304 LCD = 002/111
    I sold my 3gs and got a free storm2 plus extra cash in pocket for holiday!

Quote Originally Posted by bdale00 View Post
    I replaced the java files and removed the browers files from the java folder and the browser.alx to get past the installation errors, I did get it to install but with a 200 Error.... Still tinkering with it....
    Basically youll end up with a "hybrid" as we know them, you wont really have any OS 6.0 specific functionality or change in UI. Due to platform differences/APIs you will be limited to the files you can just swap and have your device actually boot and run. The SFI is the key to all that, heres a thread explaining it a little better: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/sf...xplain-210944/
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    Thanked by:
    Culex316 (12-03-2010) 

Quote Originally Posted by Shao128 View Post
    Basically youll end up with a "hybrid" as we know them, you wont really have any OS 6.0 specific functionality or change in UI. Due to platform differences/APIs you will be limited to the files you can just swap and have your device actually boot and run. The SFI is the key to all that, heres a thread explaining it a little better: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/sf...xplain-210944/
    tell kevin we need "thanks" buttons already
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry User

The reason why the module is incompatible is because of the hashes that are stored in PkgDBCache.xml, I guess they must be replaced too. As soon as I get my Storm2 back from RMA, I'll try it out .
    CrackBerry User

I would really like to know step by step how to get OS 6 downloaded to my Storm 2! Can you help a sister out?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,967 Global Posts
    PIN
    Only my hairdresser knows for sure!

You can't install OS6 on your S2. He is either purposely misleading people to get attention or he has NO IDEA what he is talking about. Either way, without a radio file, it can't be done and this thread needs to be locked before some misinformed people brick their phones then flood the forums with "HELP ME!" threads.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
    You can't install OS6 on your S2. He is either purposely misleading people to get attention or he has NO IDEA what he is talking about. Either way, without a radio file, it can't be done and this thread needs to be locked before some misinformed people brick their phones then flood the forums with "HELP ME!" threads.

I am merly trying to help each other out on getting something that will run OS6 on a Storm2, cant tell me its not possible... Because it will install and boot 3/4 way to a 200 Error, which im still working on with the 9550 Radio File and the OS6 Java files, and editing the xlm file. Everything is possible. Just as it was possible for your stupid repsonse. If you dont like the thread move onto another one that helps you out. If they Brick there Storm its there own fault for trying....and JL commander works everytime.... Im using a BOLD that will get the OS6 sometime anyway.
    Last edited by bdale00; 08-08-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Typo

lmao his response isnt stupid, he is telling you like it is. THERE IS NO 9520/9550 SFI FILE WHICH IS THE CORE OS.

until there is a leak for OS 6 for a 9520 or 9550 you will NOT be running OS 6. a hybrid with OS 6 files is possible and is being done right now and that is as close as you will get. **** you arent even that far cause you cant even load the files at this point like the other guys have done.

/end thread and all the foolish talk from you.

this thread should be locked and you need to actually educate yourself on what you are trying to do. I hope people dont get there hopes up by your lying to them about the subject.
    Last edited by howarmat; 08-08-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    ~Matt
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,967 Global Posts
    PIN
    Only my hairdresser knows for sure!

Thank you, Matt. That was my whole point exactly.

OP, As far as it being someone's own fault if they brick their own phone: yes you are right, but you are specifically pandering to a group of readers who obviously not as educated about their BB as some of us are, otherwise they would have laughed you off, too. Its that specific group who will trust you, then brick their phone, but not have the knowledge to fix it. Yes I know JL_Cmder works...I know how to fix my phone.

Mods, please lock this thread.

Global Posts
    36,574 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

I think for educational purposes, this should remain open. Title change to:
    How-to brick your S2 with OS6
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Zee - Cue Warrior °•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•°``°•.¸¸.•° BBOS Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

^^^^ Hahahahaha! OP is clueless... This thread needs to be closed...
    HTC Droid Incredible!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    2B631BE4

It is very unfortunate RIM is completely ignoring storm2 9520 users. No OS update since more than one and half months while during this period all models have got os released. Storm2 users are struggling on .713/.741.

More importantly, while launching OS6 for 9800, it was announced that OS6 would not be compatible with storm2 because of type of "touch screen" used in 9800. it is capacitve based touch screen, non clickable and very similar to iphone & htc phones.

I recall when storm2 was to be launched last year in Oct, 2009, there were lot of speculations about screen and it was argued that RIM wanted to keep its touch screen as "exclusive", and would like to provide hard key experience to users on touch screen. Where has gone "exclusivity" of touch in 9800?

In nutshell, Storm2 will not get OS6 update, not becasue of memory issue rather "compatibility" issues. Do we assume, storm2 is dying now by its own?

Prithvi
    Prithvi 2BDCB97F (Z30/10.3.1.1154)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Fillyo View Post
    Any link to download OS6 for 9550?

thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast