Storm 2 9550 OS 184.108.40.2063 Findings and Fixes
PM with with links for download and I will edit this post. I will also add key findings or stuff thats broke. But please PM in case I miss something.
App Backup procedure:
***How-To Backup 3rd Party Apps DM ***
You can also use BBSAK but the restore feature loads all apps as 1 so its kinda messy.
How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
How to guarantee that DM doesn't block your unofficial OS updates.
CrackBurglar's Custom Storm OS load
INFO!!! HELP GUIDE: Upgrade/Downgrade, Backup, BRICKED STORM! Your FULL Resource!
OS Download Links
BlackBerry® Software Updates
Key Changes Good/Bad
Valace2 will stop complaining for a little while <<< sorry Val, had to do it
Seems like good speed increase
Click is better
Text selection seems better
OpenGL problems for some people
Opera Bug still there
Themes lose all current settings and have to be reorganized for some people
Possible AVI/XVID problems
Autocorrect issues for some
Voice problems for some calls, garble or robotic sound
BBM Chat problems still exists for some (Fixed with newer releases)
If you are having issues with this OS please do a reinstall. It seems several people have had much better success after loading it again. Dont know why but just try it.
On another note, battery is awesome. best i have even seen. Normally i am around 2-5%. This OS isnt even touching it.
Last edited by howarmat; 09-25-10 at 05:14 AM.
- 06-13-10, 05:45 PM #2
Please, no one ask findings at this point. Anyone and everyone who's heard about it has only gotten past loading the OS.
Do you want quick and inaccurate findings?
OR would you rather wait an hour or two for accurate and well thought-out findings.
- 06-13-10, 05:55 PM #3
Because the other thread is ALREADY loading up with pointless "Downloading now.." and "Installing Now.." garbage. Lets try to keep this on FINDINGS AND FIXES.
Last edited by jhimmel; 06-13-10 at 05:58 PM.
- 06-13-10, 06:45 PM #4
- The "Loading Images xx OF xx" part of web browsing has increased substantially
- My screen feels softer (could be an isolated scenario)
- BBM Group Chat works (the keyboard IS there)
- The mobile You Tube site playback has better sound & video quality (could be my wishful thinking.) This stays black & neutral until someone else can confirm...
-Getting a bit of lag when attempting to type out a long email*
*Although laggy, .713 has NOT had time to settle on my device.
Last edited by Lil Blackk; 06-13-10 at 06:48 PM.
- CrackBerry User
06-13-10, 07:42 PM #12
- 40 Posts
- Matthew 7:7-8
*sigh* Can't we just get along and enjoy the OS love?
I've already cross-posted in the other thread, so I will repost here.
1. My screen does feel softer. I like it. Thanks for giving me the term I was seeking.
2. I never used BBM groups before, so I can't vouch for the group chat error. I do know that, when chatting with a BBM contact, my keyboard was awful, and now it seems loads better.
3. Seems to be snappier overall. Can't quite pin it down, except to say that, I use my BB a lot and I can definitely a difference. Sorry to so unscientific, but that's the best way I can put it.
4. Battery life-don't know. I have plugs all over and I like to keep my baby plugged in when possible. Gotta give me a couple of days for that.
That's it for now. Hope this helps someone.
Last edited by bonocchio06; 06-13-10 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Edited post to properly document my findings
- 06-13-10, 07:49 PM #13
- CrackBerry User
06-13-10, 07:56 PM #14
- 54 Posts
i got it to work now. two things i want to say 1. being that it took a long time to boot at the end and 2. the mutli click which was annoying to everyone is no more. it works like a charm for now. i will post more on it when i play with her a little lol
- 06-13-10, 08:45 PM #24