CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Storm 2 9550 CDMA settings on GSM?

How should the Storm 2 9550 CDMA programming menu be set when using GSM? I have an unlocked 9550.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts

Here's the How-to-Guide for At&t Users, Hope this helps
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Did he forget the link? Or its hidden on the mobile forums?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

rcocchiariaro the pdf file link was attached. Anyone, Are the APN settings on the storm 9550 necessary?
    CrackBerry User

is this only and exclusively for At&t users? if that's the case then its useless for any of us posters here.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default CDMA Settings

I congratulate and thank all the guys in the forum who helped me to understand the BB storm 9530.I am in india and had a unlocked BB Storm.I did upgrade the OS to 5.0.328 with the guidelines in the forum. A small correction i did was when I started my upgrade process using loader.exe the process was going to a loop in intializing the device and was halting with the horrible error 507 white screen . After 2 days of googling I found that battery is to be inserted after loading is over and when display shows waiting for device initialization insert the battery and my BB was up and ready

The CDMA settings for BSNL was next step:
    Again the forum guys helped me.The discussion was on GPS settings.I downloaded the QPST as suggested in the forum.configured the RIM Virtual ports in QPST.After that QPST detected my phone with correct ESN number.
    (note:##000000 gives the cdma setting screen where u will get ESN Number.)

Now open the QPST check the correct ESN Number. Obtain the mobile directory number MCC, MNC, CDMA channel number, SID and NID from your carrier.(eg for BSNL MCC is 404, MNC 00, SID and NID depends on state where MSC is located).In QPST select service settings and fill the NAM programming parameters like MDN,IMSI, Primary channel number,secondary channel number,and in system parameters set SID,NID and PRL can be obtained by the carrier.Before modifying check the parameters by reading the Phone settings and save it to a file.Once modified select write to phone.U will get an error message nvram write protected. Still the parameters will be written and phone reboots.The phone is ready for use in your country.Of course if u want to use for data your carrier should have an agreement with RIM to enable BB email account.If 1x EV is supported the phone can be used for DATA by adding this phone as a dialup modem with #777 (in India) I have no information in other countries.I feel it is same across globe.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts

If you're in GSM mode, you shouldn't have to even touch the CDMA programming stuff
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

First try to set it to use GSM on regular from the device, if it won't work use the guide was added here.