Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default reload software: 507

HELP!!! Please??? My phone (storm 2)was connected to my computer while downloaded the desktop 6.0. As soon as the download completed my phone turned all white and says "reload software: 507. I have followed all of the instructions I have found on here...and was hoping maybe there was one more option.

The app loader says stuff like:
    The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. contact your wireless service provider or system administrator. (this is with the battery in and connected to the computer)

A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again. (this was with battery out, and plugged in as the PIN turned to UNKNOWN)

And when I use the application loader on the desktop manager, it teases me like it is about to load all the core apps...then it comes back with:

Invalid Configuration
    The device does not have sufficient storage space to accomodate your selections. Please select fewer optional applications.

Is it a lost cause? I just got the phone, but have use all my insurance claims. I was about to chop it up as a loss, but I get some really good information on here, i had to try.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    PIN
    lssanjose@gmail.com (Google Talk)

Did you download the phone's software? go to vzw.smithmicro.com (I think that's the url). Then, download the desired device firmware. Install that first, then go through desktop manager, if you wish.

If that doesn't work out, definitely take it into the store, and make sure you're given a brand new device, not a refurb.
    I will never understand these "help me to decide" threads. Grow a pair, or put on your big girl panties (whichever applies), and make the decision that works best for you. - AmazinglyGraceless.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!

Either follow this writeup BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com or take it a Verizon store and have one of the techs reload the OS for you. There is nothing wrong with the phone, it just doesn't have an OS loaded on it, that's all. Next time you update your Desktop Manager software DON'T HAVE YOUR BLACKBERRY CONNECTED TO IT!!!
    Thanked by:
    lssanjose (11-17-2010) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    PIN
    lssanjose@gmail.com (Google Talk)

That's a pointer i have to keep in mind, since my family owns BlackBerries.
    I will never understand these "help me to decide" threads. Grow a pair, or put on your big girl panties (whichever applies), and make the decision that works best for you. - AmazinglyGraceless.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have a same problem to my bb 8320