Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default A Question For You Guys and Gals That Always Operate Naked..

Now that I have your attention here is what I mean. No fitted case, No screen protector No Zagg like plastic on the battery door. How many of you that operate the handset in its purest form still have key freeze and key hard to push issues?? Or do you not have this issue happen very often? Im really thinking a lot of the Storm2s key issues have to do with cases and skins and not grounding out your hand on the metal battery door when in use.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-13-2010 at 02:40 AM.
    HTC EVO
    Epic
    Verizon IPhone4
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,052 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH between your cheek and gum, gives you great tobacco flavor, without lighting up

I had no problems with Clickability until I put on my Otterbox and screen protector. For me, when I first had the phone and it was naked, it never had Click issues - and I would have noticed if it did because I was paranoid about it from reading all the horror stories in these forums.

I think there is validity to what you are saying. Let all the nudists sound off...
    People say, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion of the ocean that counts....
    But you can't get to China in a canoe.
    My Smartphone saga
    Curve 8330 (Own) > Palm Pre + (POS) > Storm2 (Stolen) > Droid X (Sold) > Bold 9650 (Own) > iPhone 4 (Sold) > Bold 9930 (Traded) > iPhone 4 (Current)

VZW iPhone 4 16GB White
    iOS 5.0.1 Untethered JB
    EZ4U2NV Theme with Motion
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Had mine naked since I've got it 3-4 months ago and never had an issue! Works great in my hands! I wonder if there is some truth in what u say....guess we will wait and see from other users....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2153F3C8

Hi,
    When I first bought my Storm 2, I put it into a fancy case plus screen orotectors etc and the sensitivity of the keys etc was terrible. Took it all off and now no problems at all. My wife looking over my shoulder shudderd at the thought of fat hairy men all over the world operating their Storm 2s naked. lol
    Ron, Wales, Uk
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Same here works fine naked. With the casemate barely there I have problems. Only other thing if carry in pocket and bend or put any pressure on the phone it can get wacky for a while or restart.
    Always Verizon: 8130 -> 8330 -> 9530 -> 8330 -> 8130 -> 9530 ->8330 -> 9630 -> 8330 -> 9550 -> 8530
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    PIN
    Stalker much?

Been using mine naked until yesterday TBH and i wanted to try the verizon version of the "barely there" case. Thus far no screen problems like i was getting while using the OEM silicon verizon case.
    The Evolution
    Storm1 --> Storm 2 --> Touch Pro 2 -->Droid/Tour --> Incredible --> Fascinate
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,605 Global Posts

I had a screen saver on (the original storm so it didn't cover the bottom keys). I just took it off a week ago. I still have screen freeze and had it before, too. I've never had issues with button lock OTHER than once in a while I was unable to answer the phone but I think it was more because it "opened" in landscape and I tried to push the button and couldn't, then moved to portrait and the button didn't work. It was like it was taking time to catch up or something.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts
    PIN

Almost naked here - (skin on battery door only). No problems. Got it on release day last year.

CrackBerry Abuser

I had mine naked and bottom buttons would stick.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Head

Only birthday suit on here! never had a key or keyboard problem.
    PLAYBOOK 64G OS2

BB Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM!

I ran with the Epic case for awhile until I started having weird clicking issues on the bottom right of my storm. Realized that it was the case pushing the bezel into the already close to the edge screen causing it to hit each other when i clicked. Funny because i asked for a replacement then took of the case i realized i wasn't having any problems. Still would like to have a working phone while the case is on though.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,499 Global Posts
    PIN
    33257ED2

i operate naked, i would rather use the protection stuff for my iPhone, my storm is a tough cookie, it doesn't need all that expensive sexy accessories
    Words of Reason sent from my Nexus
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

This is interesting. I have a feeling this is just not a case friendly phone.
    HTC EVO
    Epic
    Verizon IPhone4
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,149 Global Posts

There are a bazillion variations of this thread all over the place here. The key issue had nothing to do with screen protectors or cases (not to say that some may have had difficulties as a result, but not overall). I have never put a protector of any kind on my S2, I only use a holster, and I had the sticking key problem that was getting worse and worse.

I received my replacement several days ago and it's a night and day difference in screen feel. I still prefer going commando.

Quote Originally Posted by Bettermost View Post
    Now that I have your attention here is what I mean. No fitted case, No screen protector No Zagg like plastic on the battery door. How many of you that operate the handset in its purest form still have key freeze and key hard to push issues?? Or do you not have this issue happen very often? Im really thinking a lot of the Storm2s key issues have to do with cases and skins and not grounding out your hand on the metal battery door when in use.
    This is a smart phone, it is JUST a smart phone. If it were meant to be anything more than a smart phone, we would have been issued further instructions on where to go and what to do and computers would have no place in our lives.

::: A man of independent mind, he looks and laughs at all that :::
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

No protection here. Never had a problem.
    CrackBerry User

Naked since got it...no sticky keys at all. Has worked flawlessly. Never put it in a case so don't have a comparison there.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

The only time I ever have a problem is after a reboot. The bottom buttons won't click until I swipe my finger across the screen. After that it works great, It only does about 40% of the time though???
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    PIN
    31bc68b0

This thread is getting me disturbingly aroused..... nekked Storming, hehehe.....
    I've had mine about a week and haven't used protection yet (hehehehe). I had the stuck keys issues on Monday and traded it in. At first the screen felt great, now it doesn't feel quite as "snappy" (or maybe it's just psychosomatic). There are moments when the Back button doesn't work, but I wonder if that's just me pushing too far down or something. *Shrug*
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,971 Global Posts
    PIN
    Say What?

I like to switch a lot.. one day a pouch, the next day a case, the next day naked.

Still have issues with the bottom buttons not clicking from time to time, no matter what I have on my phone.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    PIN
    Send me a PM

i never have had an issue with the screen until last week I put on a screen protector and as soon as i did 2 of my bottom "buttons" wouldnt work. took of the screen protector and they worked fine.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Quote Originally Posted by Psychological View Post
    This thread is getting me disturbingly aroused..... nekked Storming, hehehe.....
    I've had mine about a week and haven't used protection yet (hehehehe). I had the stuck keys issues on Monday and traded it in. At first the screen felt great, now it doesn't feel quite as "snappy" (or maybe it's just psychosomatic). There are moments when the Back button doesn't work, but I wonder if that's just me pushing too far down or something. *Shrug*
    I guess I should have been more clear when I mentioned "sticky keys" after all this is Crackberry!
    HTC EVO
    Epic
    Verizon IPhone4
    CrackBerry User

I use the blackberry oem silicone case and the zagg body armor my storm works great
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

NO protection here... I am interested in a good screen protector just to help the oil from finger prints all the time... Any suggestions?
    "Only a Surfer Knows the Feeling"
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehair62 View Post
    NO protection here... I am interested in a good screen protector just to help the oil from finger prints all the time... Any suggestions?
    Yes, click here.

INVISIBLE BlackBerry Storm 2 9550 Screen Protector NEW - eBay (item 280469745983 end time Mar-25-10 16:13:00 PDT)
    HTC EVO
    Epic
    Verizon IPhone4
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehair62 View Post
    I use Zagg full body armor and it works great. Protect your stuff. Don't go naked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast