Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default The Press has run with the Piezo theory, representing it as confirmed

A google search for 'storm 2 piezo technology' has revealed a few (influential) news outlets have picked up on salomondrin's hardware video and representing the contents of it as fact.

I've commented on a few articles stating the inclusion of any sort of piezo technology in the Storm 2 is unconfirmed theory, but this seems to be spreading rapidly.
    Last edited by mikestorm; 08-24-2009 at 05:26 PM.
    The 11/3 Project I like my flawed logic of a raving madman to be a bit funnier.
    CrackBerry Abuser

And I think its only going to get worse. lol
    OCBA OCBA
    OBSESSIVE CRACKBERRY ABUSER
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I don't think such an unconfirmed theory spreading like that is healthy. I think a clarifying video might be in order.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts

I clarifying video is indeed needed SOON before this all gets out of hand.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yeah your right its probably not healthy. But it is going to spread like wild fire... a clarifying video is probably a good idea. Someone else posted that we were going to see another video soon... maybe thats it??
    OCBA OCBA
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Maybe this will make RIM give up some info...
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Does it really matter to RIM... or anyone?

I don't care if it's piezo based, magnets, big physical buttons or skittle powered... as long as the screen works well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts

On any big device things like this happen. I wouldn't worry about it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,967 Global Posts
    PIN
    Only my hairdresser knows for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by spampeg View Post
    Does it really matter to RIM... or anyone?

I don't care if it's piezo based, magnets, big physical buttons or skittle powered... as long as the screen works well.
    I believe it would have to be M&Ms. They melt in your mouth, not in your hand...or your Storm.
  10. BzB
    CrackBerry Master

Figures this would happen. This is what you get when people who don't know all the facts get hold of a pre-release device and start commenting on its capabilities. Watching that video it looks like the stuff we speculate about here is being represented as fact. Yet the information that kevin posted doesn't exactly support the piezo screen theory. I guess its good in the sense that at least we may get another video and possibly more clarification on the s2 tech.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  11. salomondrin

Great! Now I'm really really nervous.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

The articles are just offering up the vid and paraphrasing. If you can get to them and pull them down before they mirror, devoid of their 'proof' I bet a healthy number of them will pull down the accompanying article.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts

Fact, huh?

Well, that's the modern news reporter for ya.

Maybe we should make up a bunch of other theorys and really screw em.
    Nobody's Perfect. Well- there was this one guy, but we killed him.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

In every article, I'm trying to email the author. I'm also putting a comment that says:

"The above was simply a video representation of an unconfirmed theory. Please do not propagate this theory as fact. There is no proof that piezo technology has anything to do with the storm 2 screen."

Maybe it's not a big deal, but if tech sites are going to report on the device, they should stick to the facts or state it's a rumor.

EDIT: Original source seems to be endgadget, picked up from there
    Last edited by mikestorm; 08-24-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts

Well Salomondrin is now officially the most famous of all crackberry members. How come RIM doesn't come out and spill the beans on what's going on inside the Storm 2? I'm pretty sure they must know that the video exists if news of it has spread like it has.
    Yes Dude! Yes Dude! Yes Dude!
  16. BzB
    CrackBerry Master

Possibly why rim has a habit of attempting to pull down pre release vids ...?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  17. salomondrin

I can't believe they haven't taken this one down... I feel like they are gonna send the cops to come and get me or something crazy like that...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts

Well you do have an aston martin and a 2008+ Mercedes S class AMG. You could probably outrun them for a while. Or turn your mansion into a fortress or something.

Or blame it all on your bulldog.

But in reality I wonder if RIM will one day crack down on people getting the pre release devices and posting videos and reviews of them. Would RIM ever go after a site like Crackberry for certain content?
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 08-24-2009 at 07:40 PM.
  19. salomondrin

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Marco View Post
    Well you do have an aston martin and a 2008+ Mercedes S class AMG. You could probably outrun them for a while. Or turn your mansion into a fortress or something.

Or blame it all on your bulldog.
    LOL! I would never blame it on poor Bella (That's my bully).

I'm so freaking nervous!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts

I'm sure you can relax dude. But RIM could trace how and who got all those pre release devices into your hands. They might even be able to hold websites (like crackberry) accountable for content dispalyed.

Who knows really. I'm sure RIM will probably just come out and disprove theories and reveal what's really going on.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts

Yeah I dont thin theres any thing to worry about. Its normal to have speculation about these kinds of things spread through the general public. Its all speculation and people should be aware of that. Anyone thinking their going to get 100 percent facts before a device is released is fooling themselves.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

If YOU didn't sign an NDA with RIM, you should be OK...
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security." -Benjamin Franklin
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by salomondrin View Post
    I can't believe they haven't taken this one down... I feel like they are gonna send the cops to come and get me or something crazy like that...
    bahaha I think you will be okay Sal... nothing to worry about. Now lets see another vid
    OCBA OCBA
  24. salomondrin

Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post
    If YOU didn't sign an NDA with RIM, you should be OK...
    Well... I didn't

I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

Its ridiculous how many views and comments are on and about the vid. I usually make my vids for the crackberry community, so this is kinda nuts...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    O.O

I think rim is going to take the extra publicidy, it might hurt them on sales of the storm but as soon as the odin comes out they are going to make that and more, and there is not many storm 1 fans anyways hehehe, so they are not going to loss that much money off that unwanted publicidy they are probably going to get more and it is wierd that there is alot of odins out in the wild xD i am the only loser without one xD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast