Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mrslaps668
  • 1 Post By glassofpinot
  • 1 Post By leo1055
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default One thing I'll miss from Storm 2

After 3 years of the storm 1 and storm 2, I never thought I'd say it, but I'm moving onto the iphone 4s. I feel like within the last 7 months my storm 2 has progressively gotten slower and slower. The one thing that I will miss because I love it is the SureType feature. Its probly the best part of the storm, being able to type at ridiculous speeds with it has been great. Gonna be a sad day when I turn the blackberry off next week, but I think its time! Maybe I'll be back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    leo1055 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,298 Global Posts

Get the 9850 it has SureType on its keyboard.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    988 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ESN View Post
    Get the 9850 it has SureType on its keyboard.

Agree...or better yet, get a 9930. I came from s2 also and absolutely love the new bold!

CrackBerry Abuser

Just gave up my S2 for the Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

I'm gonna hang in there a while longer. A bb07 theme and the playbook has given it new life. I actually love it again!
    "In the end, the amount of people that attend your funeral will depend on the weather"
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    PIN
    What pin?

i am thinking the same thing. s2 is slowing down and down. i only kept the BB for the BBM my friends have. Most in the past year have gone on to droid or iphone themselves. so i feel it's my time, too.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    315F8CD0

I'd stay with my S2 if somebody could fix the bluetooth volume issue. I guess I'll have to buy a set of 70's headphones just so I can hear somebody I'm trying to talk to, beats me.

I've noticed mine is getting slower as well but I thought it was just me cause I'm still stuck on .320 for my OS. Far as fast typing speed, I've missed that cause you've never been able to do that on mine, it's always been laggy and slow. I just think RIM doesn't care about any of their phones or their customers and I think it's best I move on to 4s as well.

It's a shame too. All the money I paid for this phone and then buying the OtterBox for it, screen protectors and everything else... money tossed down the drain now.
    Storm 2 - 5.0.0.320
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

I went from the 9550 to a Droid inc around the first of the year. I still to this day miss the sure type so many others hated. Actually typed faster on my s1 than I did on my s2 or my inc. I miss the phones, but not the OS

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts

Default Torch 9850 for me

I decided and am just waiting on delivery. I did extensive testing and liked what it offers. Also seemed like a natural upgrade for me.

<11/2 edit: Have had the Torch now for 2 weeks. LOVE IT ! Easy to adjust to from the Storm, and no drawbacks. Fast, Fast, great web screen, love having pinch-zoom, + trackpad is a big help in easier one-handed use. Overall it is a great unit!>
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 11-20-2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: edit 11/3, spelling 11/19
    ...it all started with those two tin cans & a length of string... . . . [///]--------------[\\\]
    maddie1128 likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Ball Wizard!!!

I switched to a Droid x a while back. Love the device but I still miss the integrated profile switching, suretype, and efficiency of my berry. BB just did it RIGHT. Maybe once they get qnx ironed out on the BB platform I will jump back in. For now, my wife just gave up on her tour and is now rocking my old S2.
    Peace is more than just the absence of conflict......
    If you find yourself arguing with me, don't worry. It happens to everybody.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts

You wont miss it, i thought i would but i don't. After 3 weeks i can type just as fast on my iPhone if not faster than on my S2
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by mrslaps668 View Post
    After 3 years of the storm 1 and storm 2, I never thought I'd say it, but I'm moving onto the iphone 4s. I feel like within the last 7 months my storm 2 has progressively gotten slower and slower. The one thing that I will miss because I love it is the SureType feature. Its probly the best part of the storm, being able to type at ridiculous speeds with it has been great. Gonna be a sad day when I turn the blackberry off next week, but I think its time! Maybe I'll be back!

I am SO with you. I'm so sick of the Storm series, RIM, the POS useless brick I have that they call the Playbook, etc. I've defended RIM's honor for far too long while cursing every damn thing wrong with them.

Nuff said. Hello iPhone, hello iPad

GoodBYE RIM.
    PlayBook 2.0.0.7971
    Aguilucho likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,051 Global Posts

I gave mine up my old Samsung Flipphone to go into Crackberry Rehab. Now I'm loving my iPhone 4S...I thought I'd never say that.
    Twitter | #teamblackberry president
    Just Clutch
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm FINALLY 'upgrading' from the BB Storm II to the iPhone 4S. In preparation, I want to make sure I have all of my contact information ready to load onto the 4S. I understand that Google contacts is a convenient way to do this, but i've recently read that detailed contact information is not successfully transferring from the BB > Google and ultimately the iPhone. (information like....work phone, home phone, nicknames, company, address 1, address 2 etc.) I'm familiar and comfortable exporting my BB contacts to a .csv file and actually prefer managing my contacts in this Excel format...it's much easier to enter detailed information. So...

1) Can I just use the BB generated .csv file and import it on to the 4S?
    2) If not, is there a (free) service or process you would recommend...Outlook? etc.
    3) I'm almost positive that there is no (free) service to transfer my saved voicemail messages from the BB>4S, but if you're aware of a way, please inform me.
    4) Is there anything else I should be concerned with or know before activating the 4S? Backup, tranfers etc.

Thanks everyone!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    eapple EXPress

You could use VZW's backup assistant for your contacts. Its free. Or google. As far as VM's, do you use VZW for VM or something else like youmail? Either of those should transfer over because they're not stored on the device anyway.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jaji_vzw8330 View Post
    You could use VZW's backup assistant for your contacts. Its free. Or google. As far as VM's, do you use VZW for VM or something else like youmail? Either of those should transfer over because they're not stored on the device anyway.
    thank you, I was not aware of the backup assistant service...or maybe I was, but I don't think it was free before. GREAT feature.

the voicemails aren't as important...they're mostly just funny messages from friends/family. i have found some sites that convert them to mp3 or WAV so if I must, i will use those. I wish there was a was to refresh a saved voicemail to the status of 'new' because youmail doesn't have way to load old voicemails into your account...shame.
    Last edited by lpine5; 12-03-2011 at 12:00 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBr0ken View Post
    I went from the 9550 to a Droid inc around the first of the year. I still to this day miss the sure type so many others hated. Actually typed faster on my s1 than I did on my s2 or my inc. I miss the phones, but not the OS

Smart keyboard has "suretype" . It's know as the compact keyboard on android.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adambigge View Post
    I switched to a Droid x a while back. Love the device but I still miss the integrated profile switching, suretype, and efficiency of my berry. BB just did it RIGHT. Maybe once they get qnx ironed out on the BB platform I will jump back in. For now, my wife just gave up on her tour and is now rocking my old S2.
    Smart keyboard. It's available in the market. It has suretype (compact) and autotext.

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,379 Global Posts

On Android, HTC's keyboard has SureType-like option, but SureType works well. I loved it on my Storm2. I used HTC's option on my Droid Inc2 for about two weeks before trying SwiftKey and other keyboards. Ultimately I found better options and adapted, but BB's SureType is great. Ultimately I tried the new Torch and I think RIM did a poor job on the keyboard. It is an area where the iPhone still rules for me, and I have big hands. There are some good options on Android, and I would like to see RIM step up their game for on screen keyboards. They took a step back.

I think the iPhone still has the lead for on screen keyboards in terms of speed and accuracy.

If I were you and wanted to stick with BB, I would try a 9930 and a 9960 in the stores to see if the keyboard and screen combinations appeal to you. Otherwise, I think you will like a 4s and adapt fine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VZW iPhone 5 32GB / Blk

(HTC 8x WP8, BB Z10, iPhone 4S, Droid Incredible 2, BB Storm2, BB 9650 prior.)
    CrackBerry User

i too loved my Storm 2. i moved and upgraded to a Bold 9900. My storm was unlocked so k was using EDGE speeds. Now i got say faster processor, 4G speed, great keyboard, and OS7! I do miss suretype, surepress, and the 3.2 in screen along with bedside mode.