View Poll Results: How much better will Odin be than Storm1?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • a normal second generation gap.

17 31.48%
  • This is not your average second generation phone.

6 11.11%
  • Its really night and day. Leaps N Bounds.

31 57.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default The Odin Will Be

How much better will Odin be than Storm 1 now that the new Odin video is out?

Last edited by Card Storm; 08-23-2009 at 02:03 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,101 Global Posts

you can put all the storm 1's together and burn them with a torch lol.
    {"for better for worse,for richer for poorer,in sickness and in health,cherish,and to obey,trust u and respect u,love you faithfully good times and bad times,care and protect u,comfort and encourage,stay with for all eternity"}
    _american in the usa_
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    ning chicks to walls since 1993!

The Storm 1 will be a rabbit. It jumps, it's cute, people keep them because that white ball-like tail is so CUTE!

Odin will be the Hawk that comes out of the sky and kills it. Then craps it out. And just moves on.
    Scan the barcode for my Droid's PIN number. I recommend "Bar Code Scanner" since it seems to work real well.

How do I Google something?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

agreed to above post
    CrackBerry User

You know, I've LOVED my Storm since I got it, but after seeing all the info trickling down about the Odin, I feel like throwing my phone out a window. It's just not fair.
    Sorrows}~
    Blackberry Storm 9530/5.0.0.328
    Follow me on Twitter.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

im GETTING that phone. No questions asked, I will wait for week two of the frenzy.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Wow, more people agree on leaps and bounds now.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    ning chicks to walls since 1993!

I'm already working on asking my roommate to sit with me outside my local Corporate store where they treat me right.

I also know a guy that's a security guard at the mall. So I could probably get him to let me in at 1 am so I can be the first in line at the kiosk to get one of their phones.

I just wonder if the Verizon Sales guys are already calculating their commission checks? Lol.
    Scan the barcode for my Droid's PIN number. I recommend "Bar Code Scanner" since it seems to work real well.

How do I Google something?
    CrackBerry Addict

Man you seem pretty obsessed with this phone!
    I dont like my Storm...therefore I am a troll.

Welcome to CB.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by n0t0ryus1 View Post
    Man you seem pretty obsessed with this phone!
    Dude he's not obsessed....he's excited. Which is highly understandable since some people didn't feel that the excited they had for s1 was worth it.

This phone has already been showed to you on 5.0 and explained how the touchscreen works. I have not seen any recent lag in any of the new Odin videos, so it is safe to say this phone is going to be a revolutionary device.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Ask! maybe i'll tell..

The Odin will be an upgraded Storm 1, but I dnt think is going to be anythin out of this world, jus something better for all Storm lovers
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

same crappy camera...same crappy processor...same (for the most part) crappy os.

What the real improvements are the screen tech, wifi, and more memory. So all in all its just a regular second gen phone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by DipRip View Post
    same crappy camera...same crappy processor...same (for the most part) crappy os.

What the real improvements are the screen tech, wifi, and more memory. So all in all its just a regular second gen phone.
    Its just a second generation phone, yet the things that have improved for this phone are major parts of the phone....

The improvement in the screen tech isnt just an improvement is what your missing.

Wifi, screen tech, and more memory are actually three immediate selling points for most people.

There are people who will jump for Odin right away because of wifi, let alone all three of those improvements. Not including any of the original software improvements.

This phone is definately a facelift. A major one considering the technology isnt just a next level of surepress, its actually a completely diff technology.
    Last edited by Card Storm; 08-23-2009 at 11:53 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cdaiscool View Post
    The Storm 1 will be a rabbit. It jumps, it's cute, people keep them because that white ball-like tail is so CUTE!

Odin will be the Hawk that comes out of the sky and kills it. Then craps it out. And just moves on.
    This made me Lol. But I think I agree..

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrows View Post
    You know, I've LOVED my Storm since I got it, but after seeing all the info trickling down about the Odin, I feel like throwing my phone out a window. It's just not fair.
    I've been telling u guys..i'm looking at my Storm1 like Cruela Deville looks at dalmations..
    My life is a reflection of what my BlackBerry allows it to be... I am, in a word, owned by my BlackBerry. (VIA Dr. Sadistic)

Money is Power.

follow me on twitter.com/damilliman
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Jussumguy88 View Post
    This made me Lol. But I think I agree..

I've been telling u guys..i'm looking at my Storm1 like Cruela Deville looks at dalmations..
    lmao!!!!

"im so hungry I could eat a horse"
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Card Storm View Post
    Its just a second generation phone, yet the things that have improved for this phone are major parts of the phone....

The improvement in the screen tech isnt just an improvement is what your missing.

Wifi, screen tech, and more memory are actually three immediate selling points for most people.

There are people who will jump for Odin right away because of wifi, let alone all three of those improvements. Not including any of the original software improvements.

This phone is definately a facelift. A major one considering the technology isnt just a next level of surepress, its actually a completely diff technology.
    Yup...everything you said confirmed my vote on why its just a second gen phone. Its nothing revolutionary and thats ok. I have enjoyed using my storm since launch. But when it comes time to upgrade this fall and I will be deciding on whether to go with the new android 2.0 motorola shules or the new S2, the shules is probably going to have my money in the end.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    935 Global Posts
    PIN
    ch Me Please!!

Um....you are going to get a motorola phone? Good luck with that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

19. BzB
    CrackBerry Master

maybe if we were comparing apples to apples this would be a better comparison. S1 on a comparable OS 5 build as S2 might be less of an overall gap than you guys think...

probably why S1 won't see OS 5 until late spring 2010 at the earliest...

that said, i think S2 will be nice based just on the hardware revisions.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by BzB View Post
    maybe if we were comparing apples to apples this would be a better comparison. S1 on a comparable OS 5 build as S2 might be less of an overall gap than you guys think...

probably why S1 won't see OS 5 until late spring 2010 at the earliest...

that said, i think S2 will be nice based just on the hardware revisions.
    While I do beleive 5.0 will definitely put the Storm 1 on a good level, S2 overall will be a major improvement considering the device has had a year of transformations.....
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

This is going to be a great phone. The Odin is what the first storm should've been...
    Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
  22. BzB
    CrackBerry Master

i agree the hardware changes are a major improvement by themselves, but the os is what will make or break S2 for me.

if my S1 with OS 5 functions the same as S2 (given the different screen and wifi) i'd be less likely to upgrade and more likely to wait it out for the next big thing..
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Quote Originally Posted by BzB View Post
    i agree the hardware changes are a major improvement by themselves, but the os is what will make or break S2 for me.

if my S1 with OS 5 functions the same as S2 (given the different screen and wifi) i'd be less likely to upgrade and more likely to wait it out for the next big thing..
    IMO piezo technology is the next big thing. I think people are undermining this technological advancement.

No other touchscreen no the market can offer this type of haptic feedback, and never has before. It is the first of it's kind which provides us with a more accurate typing with unlimited speeds. This phone is going to make all cell developers to get on the ball. I also think that people are undermining 5.0. I think it will be better than most people realize.
    CrackBerry Newbie

solves my issue with the storm one. Plus possible flash and silverlight (knowing RIM, that might not be ready until Storm III though.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

And I'm sure skyfire aint too far away they are probably post poning testing until 5.0 is released on all bb to ensure compatibility.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast