CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New OS

With the news of eol coming to the storm 2, do you think they will still come out with new software updates, or are all of us sol??
    Thanks.
    I only trust two people in my life, one is me and the other is not you!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts

For sure yes. Last week gave .822 to the good old Bold 9000. So I'm quite sure we have not seen the last OS for the Storm.

What I see in the hybrids still leaves room for improvement on the full os releases. Especially when it comes to the browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,291 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FD6DBB

Quote Originally Posted by ihawkeyes View Post
    With the news of eol coming to the storm 2, do you think they will still come out with new software updates, or are all of us sol??
    Thanks.
    I sincerely hope so; especially in the radio department, which is where I think we need the most improvement.
    Cory
    VZW 9550 OOAKDPC .743/.713
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts

I dont think we will see an updated OS for a long time, S1 is still on .328...which was released a week before the S2. Now since S2 is EOL i wouldnt expect to see another official update for some time....all they care about is Android now anyway.
    My posts normally mean nothing.
    Rockin the S2!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,345 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's a secret

Quote Originally Posted by TheVillageIdiot View Post
    I dont think we will see an updated OS for a long time, S1 is still on .328...which was released a week before the S2. Now since S2 is EOL i wouldnt expect to see another official update for some time....all they care about is Android now anyway.
    As far as an official update from verizon, perhaps it will be a long time wait. The storm 1 and 2 is still carried by other phone carriers and I think you will see official OS updates that are released by them which all you have to do is delete the vendor file to update your phone. What's more, China JUST got the storm 1 so that pretty much extends os updates life on the device. As long as other carriers still support the device you will continue to see leaked and official updates. I'm not saying it will be an often thing as it took a stretch of like 3-5 months or something before the storm 1 had a leaked os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com