Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation My Storm2 Review :

So for thoes of you who are short on time , i will make it quick , and thoes who want to read , ill give you more details :

Short on Time : ITs going to take some time getting used to !

Time to Spare :

Looks: The looks of the phone were very nice and clean cut

Verizon OS version : 5.0.0.320

Feel : It felt very nice in the hands and was a little havier but in a comforting way , the rubber buttons were a nice touch.

The screen : Here is where it goes down hill pretty fast.... The look of the screen is beautiful , the button intagrated are very nice and looks very clean , but the screen performance on the other hand seemed almost like a joke..... I was able to play with 3 different units for the past hour or so and every single one had the same issue . The screen felt verry shallow and the click was actually took longer to depress then the storm1 , typing felt nice but when i was able to out type the screen i was very unsatisfied.... i heard someone say the "click feels fake" and he was right , it feels very fake , the screen just feels shallow yet takes a while to come back up after being pressed...... idk feels like it could use a credit card under the battery

Speaker : sounds was good loud and clear

camera : was very fast , pictures looked great

web : web browsing for me was actually very fast and faster on wi fi , i really enjoyed it.

so thats about it , if you have any questions fire away , but the screen is really something different and im not sure in a good way

at this point i would say if you are happy with your storm 1 , keep it
    you really need to go in stores and try before you buy !!!

Dont get me wrong i still like the device , but i think the OS influences the Screen , and so i think with the proper OS it would be an awsome device.
    Last edited by sooks; 10-28-2009 at 02:03 AM.
    Lost count of how many phones I have had.
  2. salomondrin

I don't know how it can take longer than the Storm 1 to click. Also the screen is very fast when it comes down to clicking on it and responsive at all times. You saw those videos of me typing in it....

What do you mean by shallow?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by salomondrin View Post
    I don't know how it can take longer than the Storm 1 to click. Also the screen is very fast when it comes down to clicking on it and responsive at all times. You saw those videos of me typing in it....

What do you mean by shallow?
    it barly pressed in , idk if it has to do with the software version so it changed the screen feel , but when i pressed in, it would barly move down , not a satisfying click deepness anymore , and yeah i am trying to figure out why the storm2 u had was able to keep up with you , and the 3 i had , didnt , the click just felt wrong... idk .

felt like i was typing on snappel lids
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,006 Global Posts
    PIN
    3118F503

Hmm, I will be heading to a VZW store in the AM to try this myself before I commit to ordering it
    Follow a REAL repo man on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/TheRepoMan
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by sooks View Post
    So for thoes of you who are short on time , i will make it quick , and thoes who want to read , ill give you more details :

Short on Time : VERY DISAPOINTED

Time to Spare :

Feel : It felt very nice in the hands and was a little havier but in a comforting way , the rubber buttons were a nice touch.

The screen : Here is where it goes down hill pretty fast.... The look of the screen is beautiful , the button intagrated are very nice and looks very clean , but the screen performance on the other hand seemed almost like a joke..... I was able to play with 3 different units for the past hour or so and every single one had the same issue . The screen felt verry shallow and the click was actually took longer to depress then the storm1 , typing felt nice but when i was able to out type the screen i was very unsatisfied.... i heard someone say the "click feels fake" and he was right , it feels very fake , the screen just feels shallow yet takes a while to come back up after being pressed...... idk feels like it could use a credit card under the battery

web : web browsing for me was actually very fast and faster on wi fi , i really enjoyed it.

so thats about it , if you have any questions fire away , but the screen is really something different and im not sure in a good way

I just dont know anymore if I'm not mistaken in the past you said you had used the storm2 and loved it then the past few days you act as if your new to the device...and now you are disappointed? Your killin me sooks your word was almost as good a salo's to me now it seems like your opinion is all over...maybe your just bound to get the droid?
    www.myspace.com/kalykothastoopkidd
    www.myspace.com/kalykostreetteam
    Currently looking for new members for the street team please send contact information to kalykostreetteam@gmail.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts

Ahhhh, I think I told you that this would be the response.
  7. salomondrin

I will head to the store in the AM and get one fooo sooo It sucks you didn't like it Sooks

I guess what I love is that you don't have to actually press down like on the Storm 1... but that also makes it even faster....

The last 9550 I had was a little "harder" than the last 9520 I had when it came down to the screen, but I got a 9550 for a friend after mine and the screen was soft on that one too.... Even with the "harder" screen I was able to type blazing fast.
    Banned

Are you saying it has the "mushy" feel that S1 had , at least IMO ?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by chudson85 View Post
    I just dont know anymore if I'm not mistaken in the past you said you had used the storm2 and loved it then the past few days you act as if your new to the device...and now you are disappointed? Your killin me sooks your word was almost as good a salo's to me now it seems like your opinion is all over...maybe your just bound to get the droid?
    Yeah , i played with one at best buy and it had a very different feel was running an older software 5.0.0.287 and the click felt very nice , and i didnt play with it very long but it was nice.

And now i go to verizon get it with 5.0.0.320 and it did feel like a new but worse device , i didnt like it.

My opinion isnt bias one way or another , i have 3 upgrades and will be getting both the storm 2 and the droid so it isnt changing my review.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by ferniesp View Post
    Ahhhh, I think I told you that this would be the response.
    true you did

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike99 View Post
    Are you saying it has the "mushy" feel that S1 had , at least IMO ?
    umm not mushy , very hard and shallow , seriously like typing on a snapple lid

Dont get me wrong i still like the device , but i think the OS influences the Screen , and so i think with the proper OS it would be an awsome device.
    CrackBerry Addict

So they still havent got them all to click the same? Thats pathetic if thats the case.
    I dont like my Storm...therefore I am a troll.

Welcome to CB.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by n0t0ryus1 View Post
    So they still havent got them all to click the same? Thats pathetic if thats the case.
    well the bestbuy build 2xx had a awsome click i loved it

the verizon build 320 was very hard .. but i will say all 3 i played with had the exact same click with .320 on it .
    CrackBerry User

Yeah , i played with one at best buy and it had a very different feel was running an older software 5.0.0.287 and the click felt very nice , and i didnt play with it very long but it was nice.

And now i go to verizon get it with 5.0.0.320 and it did feel like a new but worse device , i didnt like it.

My opinion isnt bias one way or another , i have 3 upgrades and will be getting both the storm 2 and the droid so it isnt changing my review.
    Didnt mean to make it seem like your being biased but I think you may have given up on the storm2 some time ago...How did you play with one in Best Buy!? I was referring back maybe in late june I thought you made some great remarks toward the S2 when it was rumored to release then but your opinion slowly but surely changed is all I was saying.
    Currently looking for new members for the street team please send contact information to kalykostreetteam@gmail.com
    CrackBerry User

Your right and if it is the case them myself and my girlfriend will be jumping ship to the new Moto Droid with out looking back...seems lately BB's have had several production issues and thats inexcusable in my eyes S1...Tour...Now S2 WTF!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    * & U shall RX!

does it have the 3G for the Data icon?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by chudson85 View Post
    Didnt mean to make it seem like your being biased but I think you may have given up on the storm2 some time ago...How did you play with one in Best Buy!? I was referring back maybe in late june I thought you made some great remarks toward the S2 when it was rumored to release then but your opinion slowly but surely changed is all I was saying.
    Oh , nope didnt play with one that long ago , so not sure what you are refering to. infact i wasnt on crackberry much as i was an iphone user at that time lol
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    860 Global Posts

Indeed. Just like the first one, it seems no two phones are alike.

RIM, can you say "Quality Control"?
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,708 Global Posts

Im sick of the way Verizon tests builds. Its almost like they purposely pick the worse builds to release as official.

Let ME be a tester.
    Anyhow, It sounds to me Sooks that the new way of typing isnt your thing, and maybe its also mental. Alot of people are confused on how the screen is suppose to really work when clicking it, and dont know how to explain it. Do you think maybe you thought the screen was suppose to react a certain way as you were typing on it? Because I dont think the screen actually moves down.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by jdk2 View Post
    Indeed. Just like the first one, it seems no two phones are alike.

RIM, can you say "Quality Control"?
    people listen lol ,,,,

all 3 storm2 thats i played with at verizon today clicked exact same !

the 1 storm2 i played with at best buy a few days ago had an older OS and clicked waay better...
    CrackBerry User

Oh , nope didnt play with one that long ago , so not sure what you are refering to. infact i wasnt on crackberry much as i was an iphone user at that time lol
    haha sorry then I must have had you and Salo confused he's a crackhead in a good way tho!
    CrackBerry Abuser

So it's more like typing on an iPhone or a solid glass surface? Does the screen actually depress down or does it stay solid and simply detect the pressure applied...i still can't figure how it exactly works...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,154 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Quote Originally Posted by Card Storm View Post
    Im sick of the way Verizon tests builds. Its almost like they purposely pick the worse builds to release as official.

Let ME be a tester.
    Anyhow, It sounds to me Sooks that the new way of typing isnt your thing, and maybe its also mental. Alot of people are confused on how the screen is suppose to really work when clicking it, and dont know how to explain it. Do you think maybe you thought the screen was suppose to react a certain way as you were typing on it? Because I dont think the screen actually moves down.
    this could be it ... idk .... it was very weird ... its hard to explain .... i love the click on the storm1 and this just wasnt the same , it seemed very hard ... idk
    CrackBerry User

people listen lol ,,,,

all 3 storm2 thats i played with at verizon today clicked exact same !

the 1 storm2 i played with at best buy a few days ago had an older OS and clicked waay better...
    with that said the click still cant rely solely on the software so still sounds like two different clicks to me and yet ANOTHER quality control issue...trust me I want it to be good as I was intending to go pick up two tomorrow am!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Short on Time : VERY DISAPOINTED

Time to Spare :

you really need to go in stores and try before you buy !!!

Thank you for confirming my suspicions with the sure press tech. I had a inkling that the clickable screen would be very problematic and not work well. Now I know to steer clear from this device. Thanks.
    Banned

true you did

umm not mushy , very hard and shallow , seriously like typing on a snapple lid

So you're saying you almost get like a "pop back " feeling when you type no a "glass" feel? - this could be something you adapt too though ...
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast