- CrackBerry User
- 16 Posts
My Storm2 Has Gone WAYYY Downhill - Help!
OK, so I've had my phone for almost two months now. At first, it worked great - it was fast, worked smoothly- just the battery didn't last long (I'd be at around 15% by the end of the day).
Well, lately, it basically just sucks. Here are all of my problems:
1. I lose almost all of my battery life during school, and I'm not even using the phone at school! I used to NEVER get down to where the battery sign turns red!
2. The phone is very very slow. About half of what it used to be.
3. It freezes at least once every 3 minutes for no reason
4. This is more related to the provider than the phone itself, but I'm finding that I hardly ever get 3G service. I used to almost always be in 3G.
I have no idea what could've caused this. Do you think it's because I only have 20 MB of free space for apps left?
- 02-11-10, 06:43 PM #2
most common solution would be to close out all running apps.
though you may not realize it, there are probably some apps that are running in the background.
To find out, hold down the blackberry button. There are 6 standard apps that are always on the menu (messages, sms, browser, phone, home, and BBM).
Close out of all the others. use the menu>close approach rather than just hitting the "back" button.
Charge your phone up and it should work just fine.
- 02-11-10, 06:52 PM #5
another thing to do would be turning your phone off during school. If you aren't using it, it shouldn't even be on!! The reason being is because the school might have a lot of interference with the outside world (like mine). With all this interference, a signal might not get through to the phone. The battery can drain in an hour if it is always searching for a network.
Check the wifi and bluetooth also. Just trying to cover all the major battery drainers.
- CrackBerry Master
02-11-10, 07:07 PM #8
- 1,450 Posts
I have over 40 apps and 12 themes installed on my S2 and I still have over 95 Megs. How many apps do you have installed? Are you saving media files(pictures, music, etc) to your SD card or to device memory?
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
- 02-11-10, 08:05 PM #9
- CrackBerry Addict
02-11-10, 08:53 PM #10
- 800 Posts
What he said... I have 106MB left. I was much happier with the Storm 2 than the S1 simply because it has MUCH more space for apps. I was always low on memory for the S1, since the S2 I have tons of space left over.
I do believe that a battery pull would work very well. Also, try and uninstall any useless or unneeded apps. That will surely bog it down.
- 02-12-10, 11:09 AM #18
gonna go with
b) Has a 9530
If neither of the two apply:
a) for heavens sakes close your applications after you use them
b) *228 option 2 to update roaming, it helps sometimes. Made a big diff for me at work a month ago
c) do a battery pull, get quickpull and have it reset yout phone in the middle of the night.
- 02-12-10, 03:28 PM #19
Next time you're down to 20 MB, hold the BB Menu button and all your open programs will appear...I'm willing to bet you're running several different apps at the same time and that you're hitting the red end button to close them out vs the back button.
Hitting the end button simply moves them to the background and they continue to run.
- CrackBerry User
- 16 Posts
Alright, so I deleted Visual Voice Mail cuz I don't use it, and for some reason that cleared me up from having only 22 MB of free app space to 90 MB! I really don't understand that. My phone is already running a tad bit faster.
I had my phone off all day today at school and the battery was fine. Here are some answers to your questions/statements.
- I never have any apps running in the background, I do completely close out
- I don't have ANY media on my phone at all, so my SD card is empty
- Yes, I am using the Imaging Theme
- Only people with Verizon seem to get any coverage on campus, so I have a bit
- I have both a silicon case AND a magnetic holster that I put my bberry in
- The third party apps I have that didn't come with the phone are: Bible, Google, iheartradio, Movies, Pandora, Slacker Radio, Snaptu, TIME Mobile, UberTwitter, Viigo for Blackberry, WorldMate Live.
oh yeah, and I am most certainly not using a 9530, I know for a fact it's a 9550.