Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My phone keeps saying SOS

I'm on my 3rd Storm 2 running OS .713 and my phone keeps fluctuating between 3G and 1x then it goes to SOS. Every time I call customer service they tell me there's no issues in my area then they replace my phone and it still does the same thing. Is there a way to fix this? I really don't want to go through the hassle of transferring all my stuff to yet another phone.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,024 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geekarella View Post
    I'm on my 3rd Storm 2 running OS .713 and my phone keeps fluctuating between 3G and 1x then it goes to SOS. Every time I call customer service they tell me there's no issues in my area then they replace my phone and it still does the same thing. Is there a way to fix this? I really don't want to go through the hassle of transferring all my stuff to yet another phone.
    do you have any other phones to check the signal level in your area? or a friend on verizon? spouse's phone?
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Do you have your mobile settings to "Global"? It sounds like you are in a very weak CDMA signal, and it is trying to connect with a GSM tower.

SOS means that you have a signal, but you are only authorized to make emergency calls on that service.

Try changing from Global to CDMA and see if it just goes to "No Service".

Just a guess.
    Blackberry Storm 2, 9550, Verizon
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default How to fix

i had the same problem for about 5 hrs and then i just took out my simcard and rubbed it a bit and it took care of the problem hope this helps
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by John Finkle View Post
    i had the same problem for about 5 hrs and then i just took out my simcard and rubbed it a bit and it took care of the problem hope this helps
    Hehehh nice trick, hope this will help em