Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs up My great Storm2/VZW Experience

I know some folks hit on the Big Red for limiting phones capabilities and plenty of other things, but I was truly impressed in their performance yesterday morning. Here's a little rundown of my timeline just so you guys can see how on top of their game they were:

10:10 - Called in to ask how to purchase my Storm2 with some previous "VIP credit" that was on my account.
    10:12 - CSR answered the phone. Credited the $50 VIP Credit towards my account, took my new every 2 (due in January) and bumped it up to yesterday so I could use it on the Storm2.
    10:20 - Finished ordering my Storm2 online for a whopping grand total of $29. ($279-$100 online discount-$100 new every two-$50 VIP credit+free overnight shipping.)
    10:52 - VZW shipped it out of their facility and on the way to my loving arms
    ~2:30 today - I get it and will commence the rest of my life a complete and happy man.

Just a great story all around. Though I'd share.
    Last edited by kelleycm; 10-29-09 at 07:32 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

$379-$100-100-50 is $129, not $29
    Palm III-->PalmV-->PalmVx-->Palm505-->Palm Tungsten-->Dell Axim x51v-->MotoQ-->STORM
    CrackBerry User

279 - 100 with two year agreement
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jpf22467 View Post
    $379-$100-100-50 is $129, not $29
    Noticed that mistake after I posted and edited it, meant $279 via the VZW site.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Wow. Whats the name of the CSR that bumped you're NE2 up? I wanna call that person! Mines not till January too and the store I went to last nigth couldnt do anything for me. I was disappointed.
    July 15th... Droid X! I was 8th in line at my local store.
    CrackBerry User

Wow you got a great price!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

that's great!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Lol from a Vzw employee perspective that's a sick price! If I can get it for that I may consider it going from my storm 1. That will never happen though ;( employee discounts aren't really the best with big red lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

What is this New every Two and VIP deal everyone keeps talking about? Sorry for the brief hijack
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Talking I got a great deal too!

Ordered my Storm2 yesterday morning online. I have the new every two, which was due in March 2009 - been waiting this long for the S2! Anyhow, here is my deal:
    $279 - $100 (online discount) - $100 (NE2 Discount) + BOGO (Got a new Tour as a back up, or to sell) = $79!!

Can not beat $79 for a brand spanking new Storm2 and Tour!! They also shipped overnight free. It is due here by 3:00 EST. I am soooooo ready for this phone - been living with an overmatched 8830 for too long!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ASK ME

Quote Originally Posted by Crzy4Storm2 View Post
    Ordered my Storm2 yesterday morning online. I have the new every two, which was due in March 2009 - been waiting this long for the S2! Anyhow, here is my deal:
    $279 - $100 (online discount) - $100 (NE2 Discount) + BOGO (Got a new Tour as a back up, or to sell) = $79!!

Can not beat $79 for a brand spanking new Storm2 and Tour!! They also shipped overnight free. It is due here by 3:00 EST. I am soooooo ready for this phone - been living with an overmatched 8830 for too long!
    if you get the BOGO don't u have to get a plan on both fones ?
    blackberry storm2 !
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    PIN
    2160BD2F

Quote Originally Posted by thehOtbOy View Post
    if you get the BOGO don't u have to get a plan on both fones ?
    I was wondering that too.
    Ever to Conquer, Never to yield...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30b381a0

Yes you do.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts

Thanks to this thread, I called and told them I was to also a VIP Member. They credited me $50 back also and I got the phone for $129 to. Not bad young scraper
    From BlackBerry to Android and Back To BlackBerry. Thank you to the Bold 9930, which also brought me back on Verizon!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    ned to the floor

Good to hear someone walk out happy lol
    Don't ask, and we won't tell.
    This is my opinion and in no way reflects the opinion of Verizon Wireless or its affiliates. Do not consider talking to me a substitute to actually talking to a Verizon representitive, because I often lie. I find it very sad and pathetic that anyone would actually read this far... And to anyone who reads this and thinks its dumb a big middle finger to you.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Dustknight View Post
    Wow. Whats the name of the CSR that bumped you're NE2 up? I wanna call that person! Mines not till January too and the store I went to last nigth couldnt do anything for me. I was disappointed.
    DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT GO INTO THE STORE! Every person I've dealt with in a VZW store (with the exception of my one friend who actually works at one and hooks me up with free stuff) is a sly, sneaking little brat who pretty much knows nothing about the product they're selling.

I did it over the phone and, if you're a good customer, VZW will try to keep you happy. My new every two was 1/11/09 and they bumper it up to yesterday and yes...I was suprised as well. I think the CRS name was Marissa. Very nice lady. She "talked to her manager" and they bumped me up.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Thanks to this thread, I called and told them I was to also a VIP Member. They credited me $50 back also and I got the phone for $129 to. Not bad young scraper
    Glad I could help. I think I probably got the cheapest Storm2 this side of the pond. I realllly wish it would hurry up and get here though. I feel like a 5yo on Christmas morning.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Interesting. The $50 VIP credit is used for annual upgrades and can not be combined with a NE2 credit. You definitely got lucky--the rep clearly was unfamiliar with how the program works.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Well I just tried to no avail. Bump ups on every 2 yr are only good 60 days out from end. They also said there would be a $35 charge to switch (not sure exactly what the charge was for) plus I'm only eligible for $50 ETY upgrade.

So $279-100 promotion + $35= $215 if I do it now or $129 If I wait till Dec 20th. Looks like I'll be waiting
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,178 Global Posts

Oh they've been known to bump people up to the discount early if you'll extend for 2 years. Carriers do it all the time to keep you paying. Just ask pretty please. They know you're getting close to the end and you could bolt for an iPhone (ask when they're getting it just for grins). It's a game they play and you can play too. you can call another CS rep and they might do the deal the second time you never know.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus, iPad2 and iMac. Former BB 8100 and 8900 owner.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    Well I just tried to no avail. Bump ups on every 2 yr are only good 60 days out from end. They also said there would be a $35 charge to switch (not sure exactly what the charge was for) plus I'm only eligible for $50 ETY upgrade.

So $279-100 promotion + $35= $215 if I do it now or $129 If I wait till Dec 20th. Looks like I'll be waiting
    Yeah, just haggle with them. It's not their money they're losing...so they tend not to give a crap.

The $35 (I noticed this as I was reading my new reciept) is a restocking fee so I'm assuming you probably just got a new phone and are trying to maybe return it to get a Storm2. That kind of exchange is subject to restocking fees...which are $35.

On another note, just got it and everything seems fine except for my send button keeps wanting to not press. We'll see if that's a software problem or what. I haven't really got to play around with except for activating it yet. Excittteddd.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ordered mine last night...cant wait for it. Curve will go next to the 8830, and pearl in the phone crypt cabinet.
    Got the thing for.....freeeeeee!

My company is in bed with Verizon so I'm lucky that I get a great discount on phones and my bill!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kelleycm View Post
    Yeah, just haggle with them. It's not their money they're losing...so they tend not to give a crap.

The $35 (I noticed this as I was reading my new reciept) is a restocking fee so I'm assuming you probably just got a new phone and are trying to maybe return it to get a Storm2. That kind of exchange is subject to restocking fees...which are $35.

On another note, just got it and everything seems fine except for my send button keeps wanting to not press. We'll see if that's a software problem or what. I haven't really got to play around with except for activating it yet. Excittteddd.
    I'll probably try again in a few days. This was an upgrade as I already have a BB curve so can't figure out why a restocking fee. I'm sure it some upgrade/switch phone/rip off user fee

I just emailed our corporate Verizon rep to see what they could do for me.
    Last edited by zetachi; 10-29-09 at 03:24 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    579 Global Posts

I have a $100 VIP credit but me NE2 isn't until September '10 lol... By then hopefully there's something better than the Storm Two. I don't see a big enough reason to switch right now.

CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

well just got email from our rep...still no go

"If I could move the new every two date for you I would but they are pretty strict on that date. Because a customer is getting money towards that next purchase they want to make sure they fulfill that time."