Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default With the latest Monaco/Storm 3 specs released...

How many Storm (or at least touchscreen) fans are reassured enough that its worth waiting to September? I was hoping we already had a touchscreen blackberry available with current specs & hardware (the torch release still with a 600-someodd mhrz processor? Crap RIM!) by now, bit the s2 has been good enough to hold me from jumping ship just yet to the latest droids.

As sweet & fast as they are....

And with a playbook destined to fall in my hands within a few weeks.....

What says you, storm enthusiasts? Waiting? Or is that too long or the loss of trust with RIM too much and you are planning on jumping ship anyway? That Thunderbolt from Motorola is looking awwwwwweful d**n sweet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

I can wait. After all it's ONLY a phone.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

What does this have to do with the Storm 2? There's a whole new forum to discuss this new Storm/Monaco, and it has a thread in it that already asks this question?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f238/gonna-get-575942/

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,802 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's that?

I will wait until September ONLY if it ends up being LTE by then. I'm not going to buy a CDMA only phone near the end of the year. I would have no problem using the S2 till then though. Just wish RIM would get the S2 a better web browser to hold me over! That's my only major complaint!
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

This is the phone I was waiting for. After seeing some of specs, it falls way short for me. Besides it being available in September, which is too late, I'm not that impressed with it. So I'm still going Android like I planned on the closing day of CES.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

LTE or bust!!!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

No body knows what the real specs are going to be. They can be better than what is being shown. Rim took the whole lot by surprise within the past couple of days with the these neew phones, everyone only looking at a PlayBook. I rock my 9550 on AT&T, as well as my Bold 9000, and Torch, not top forget the wife's 8900 Curve. Choices baby we are going to have choices. The majority was ready to throw Rim down the the toilet last week but now look, hey watch out for that tiger we might have by the tail. My hard choice woulkd be the the new Storm or the new Bold. The Torch is cool but if that Dakota is anything like the 9000, I am just so addicted. Plus when I have that Blackberry in my handpeople do take notice it's a Blackberry, they don't have to guess.
    To each their own, for me it is the Blackberry experience.

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts

It's not worth waiting that long. Not even until June. September is out of the question. I'll probably be enjoying a Bionic or other Droid, long before then.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    Thanked by:
    BerryBlack15 (01-16-2011) 
    Banned

Global Posts
    17,409 Global Posts

Right. Agreed. If it comes out as QNX in March, I'll get it.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,611 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask

I think September is WAY too late... I really really really don't want to give up BBM and some other small functionality things that BB has for an Android device, and I will try to wait... but if my S2 truly becomes close to unusable I may just have to switch.

I know that leaks can't be taken at face value, and I really hope that the date is off. Sept. release seems appropriate for the Dakota, Apollo, and Torch2, but I feel as though the Monaco should be released before the others... hopefully somewhere between March and May.
    ~SaMaster14

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts

49 more cities just got announced by Verizon for 1st half LTE rollout. that's in addition to the first 38. No way I'll wait on RIM to come out with a 4G phone. First great 4G phone that hits, I'm ON IT!
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ridesno159 View Post
    What does this have to do with the Storm 2? There's a whole new forum to discuss this new Storm/Monaco, and it has a thread in it that already asks this question?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f238/gonna-get-575942/

It has to do with the storm2 because the OP is asking for current storm owner's perspective on the storm3. It's actually a valid question considering all the criticism the storm phones have gotten and how long its already been since the storm2 was released. Stop trying to be the crackberry forum police.

I am going along with most others and will say that September is WAY too late for the s3. The specs look exciting but not for Q3/Q4 of this year. I am hoping that it will be released around March or April.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." --Ronald Reagan
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    It's not worth waiting that long. Not even until June. September is out of the question. I'll probably be enjoying a Bionic or other Droid, long before then.
    I agree with Dave! Why wait that long when you can have something better and now!!

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

These stats wouldn't blow anyone's doors off if the phone was being released tomorrow. That they're releasing this phone in September, assuming they have no delays, borders on embarrassing. RIM really needs new leadership if they have any hope of maintaining their market share.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Stephen F. Roberts

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zod1010 View Post
    These stats wouldn't blow anyone's doors off if the phone was being released tomorrow. That they're releasing this phone in September, assuming they have no delays, borders on embarrassing. RIM really needs new leadership if they have any hope of maintaining their market share.
    IMO, you are too charitable. It's BEYOND embarrassing. And I see no reason to stick with them as they flounder.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

How will going through RIM's servers further cripple LTE? This is so lame. Maybe BB should just give up and focus on its core physical keyboard models for business users.

CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

What does this have to do with the Storm 2? Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

um, gee, I don't know.... maybe because it was specifically addressed to current storm 2 users?

problem with a crown of self-righteousness... it gets aweful heavy after a while. pretty high maintenance too; it takes on a life of it's own and demands more and more polishing, updating, maintenance...
    ============================

Please, God, for another day grant me
    the wisdom to know the difference.

============================
    Thanked by:
    BerryBlack15 (01-16-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    IMO, you are too charitable. It's BEYOND embarrassing. And I see no reason to stick with them as they flounder.
    True. I've made the switch to the DX, and couldn't be happier. I was just curious to see what the reaction of the BB faithful was to this announcement.
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

Stephen F. Roberts

PIN
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by kb5zht View Post
    um, gee, I don't know.... maybe because it was specifically addressed to current storm 2 users?

problem with a crown of self-righteousness... it gets aweful heavy after a while. pretty high maintenance too; it takes on a life of it's own and demands more and more polishing, updating, maintenance...
    Could you show me where the OP addresses Storm 2 users?

I see Storm/touchscreen fans, and Storm enthusiasts. The only spot I see a mention of a Storm 2 is you saying that it's been good enough to hold you off on switching to a droid.

I think Storm and touchscreen fans would be all over the new Storm 3 forum and not in the Storm 2 forum (the 9550 is old news now). Maybe that's why this thread is only just into the first page after being up for a few days...

As for your second paragraph, that's so full of non-sense and fail I won't even comment anymore on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kb5zht View Post
    How many Storm (or at least touchscreen) fans are reassured enough that its worth waiting to September? I was hoping we already had a touchscreen blackberry available with current specs & hardware (the torch release still with a 600-someodd mhrz processor? Crap RIM!) by now, bit the s2 has been good enough to hold me from jumping ship just yet to the latest droids.

As sweet & fast as they are....

And with a playbook destined to fall in my hands within a few weeks.....

What says you, storm enthusiasts? Waiting? Or is that too long or the loss of trust with RIM too much and you are planning on jumping ship anyway? That Thunderbolt from Motorola is looking awwwwwweful d**n sweet.

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts

Could you show me where the OP addresses Storm 2 users?

I see Storm/touchscreen fans, and Storm enthusiasts. The only spot I see a mention of a Storm 2 is you saying that it's been good enough to hold you off on switching to a droid.

I think Storm and touchscreen fans would be all over the new Storm 3 forum and not in the Storm 2 forum (the 9550 is old news now). Maybe that's why this thread is only just into the first page after being up for a few days...

As for your second paragraph, that's so full of non-sense and fail I won't even comment anymore on it.
    Hey, cowboy-don't speak for me. I've got a Storm2 and have no desire to wait around for gawd-knows-how-long to get another warmed over retread of the phone I currently own. there won't be QNX, there won't be a 4.3" screen, it won't be released in a timely enough manner--there simply is no compelling reason for me NOT to buy the latest and greatest Android in a couple of months--probably the Bionic. I'm not married to any brand, so the term "storm fans" falls on my deaf ears.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Isn't it obvious that Verizon has given up on RIM by offering so many competing products? They probably said, "go ahead and take all the time you need, but we're not waiting!"
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    32fbc26f

Ill most likely be holding off to see if this storm 3 is all that its supposed to be.

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lockedtight View Post
    Ill most likely be holding off to see if this storm 3 is all that its supposed to be.

Which begs the question--just WHAT do you think will be so great about it? OS6 is nothing to write home about, the leaked specs are a huge yawner, it'll likely be late and buggy.
    Dave - Moto Bionic

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrohland View Post
    I am happy with my Storm 2 (except for browsing). Like the original poster (OP), I plan to amplify my S2 with a PlayBook. Then I can wait for an LTE BB. Since the main thing the phone will be used for is tethering the PB, I don't really care what it's specs are except that it is LTE.

Since I will stay with the S2 until an LTE BB is out, I don't care when the S3 comes out.

No phone is worth a S for Web browsing. I see NO value in going to a android or anything else when I will be using the right tool for the browsing job (a pad). Since the PB should be excellent for browsing and media, and the BB phone is great for communications, the two together will be far better than any droid or iToy.
    I don't know what kind of internet they serve up in your neck of the woods, but where I live, browsing on an Android is LIGHT YEARS ahead of browsing on my wimpy Storm's browser.
    Dave - Moto Bionic

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrohland View Post
    It's not the browser, the OS or the CPU. It IS the size of a phones screen--which is too small for Web browsing no matter the size. ALL phone screens are too small.
    4.3 with hi res isn't all that bad. The alternative is to schlepp around a tablet EVERYWHERE. I will buy a tablet, but I don't think I'll take it to the same places I take my phone, which is literally EVERYWHERE I go. perhaps you won't mind dragging a tablet all over.
    Dave - Moto Bionic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast