Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,261 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default This is just crazy

What does Verizon have to gain by not releasing any info? I just can't really see how this is a smart business move.

When the storm1 was coming out everyone was going crazy, but they were all happy and excited for 11/21/08 to come around.

Now I sign into the storm2 forums and everyone is angry, mad, upset, going crazy etc. I'm sure if there was a release date on hand everyone would be excited counting down to the day.

I just don't see what Verizon has to gain by playing their cards like this. Anyone have any ideas?
    CrackBerry User

What does Verizon have to gain by not releasing any info?
    They don't look like liars if they miss the date. There's like 14 people here who are "going crazy". The rest are eagerly anxious.

On the other hand, if they put out incorrect information EVERYONE will be pissed at them.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmglakewood View Post
    What does Verizon have to gain by not releasing any info? I just can't really see how this is a smart business move.

When the storm1 was coming out everyone was going crazy, but they were all happy and excited for 11/21/08 to come around.

Now I sign into the storm2 forums and everyone is angry, mad, upset, going crazy etc. I'm sure if there was a release date on hand everyone would be excited counting down to the day.

I just don't see what Verizon has to gain by playing their cards like this. Anyone have any ideas?
    Easy somethings broke an they don't have any idea when it will be fixed.

They can't post a date because they themselves don't have it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Global Posts
    5,261 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by delaen View Post
    They don't look like liars if they miss the date. There's like 14 people here who are "going crazy". The rest are eagerly anxious.

On the other hand, if they put out incorrect information EVERYONE will be pissed at them.
    This is true, but why not just release something saying the phone exists. Right now the only proof we have is a 360 view on their site. They seem to be trying really hard to deny it's existence.

P.S. Every thread you go into people are getting flamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Valace2 View Post
    Easy somethings broke an they don't have any idea when it will be fixed.

They can't post a date because they themselves don't have it.

Good theory
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    441 Global Posts

eh i mean they keep saying...
    "we plan to launch it" so they don't deny it.
    They're just STUPID QUIET
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts

No. They're not stupid. If they tell people that a new phone is coming out, they'll sell less of what they offer now. Keep in mind what phones they sell don't matter to them as long as the customer signs up for a contract. In other words, verizon will lose out on some business if people start waiting for the storm2 that verizon says will be released on day "X".

CrackBerry User

From my other post..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Duct_Mossburg View Post
    I don’t think that’s VZW's responsibility. The consumer’s make the rumors and speculation’s, then get mad at each other and vzw. People should just stop acting like a cell phone is a cocaine addiction.

The reason behind VZW not given the release date quite yet is 1 or may both reason’s. One, there currently is no set in stone release date, and/or two when you put out the release date of a new phone such as the S2, It is very hard to deplete the stock of S1’s still available when you spread word that you will be coming out with a newer revised version.. Its business 101.
    VZW Sales
    CrackBerry Addict

Maybe they just want to continue selling left over stock of the Storm1
    9550/5.0.0.428; Win7 RTM, Ubuntu 9.04 VM; BES 4.1.4.3
    BlackBerry 101 - Read it! | Use the Search function
    Official vs. Beta vs. Leaks ... PLEASE Post correctly!

If you make something id10t-proof, someone will just make a better id10t.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Good theory
    You mean hypothesis.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    PIN
    BALL

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    No. They're not stupid. If they tell people that a new phone is coming out, they'll sell less of what they offer now. Keep in mind what phones they sell don't matter to them as long as the customer signs up for a contract. In other words, verizon will lose out on some business if people start waiting for the storm2 that verizon says will be released on day "X".

Right on. I agree.
    If you want some great apps, click here.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,503 Global Posts

Hi. I'm new here and just wanted to know if there is a new storm coming out. If so does anyone know when it will be released?

CrackBerry User

johnny where can i get that hot phone from 1492 ?

Global Posts
    9,505 Global Posts

They are probably trying to make room for the s2 by getting a lot of the s1 out of the way. &they dont want the s2 to be a huge flop!

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    30b381a0

Uhh we did tell you that it exists. All we haven't given is a release date, because we don't have one! Ask CX he might know more.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkuriboh View Post
    Uhh we did tell you that it exists. All we haven't given is a release date, because we don't have one! Ask CX he might know more.

are u sayind by saying "We" that ur involved with rim..... because i just dont see that.
    Lost count of how many phones I have had.

Global Posts
    5,261 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

I get what people are saying but with every device they usually give you a release date a month in advance. I know this isn't set in stone, but it's usually how it goes.

I guess the Storm2 can be a month away still, but with dummy phones arriving in stores I can't really see it being another month. Verizon seems to be holding back the release date for some reason. I wish someone would come out and say why that is.

Are they having issues with the phone
    Are they just not sure of a date yet
    Are they trying to put together an advertising campaign

There has to be some reason I just wish I knew what it was.
    CrackBerry User

i suppose it could be a combo of all those reasons. I did notice that my local vzw stores are pushing the s1's like crazy. Maybe squeezing the last bit they can out of those is the agenda.

Global Posts
    5,261 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by excess View Post
    i suppose it could be a combo of all those reasons. I did notice that my local vzw stores are pushing the s1's like crazy. Maybe squeezing the last bit they can out of those is the agenda.
    Ohh yeah I forgot that reason too.

It seems like Verizon is trying to push out the S1 and then keep the S2 hush hush. This will ensure that those who have a S1 will not know about the S2 until their 30 day return policy is up.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    head

Ohh yeah I forgot that reason too.

It seems like Verizon is trying to push out the S1 and then keep the S2 hush hush. This will ensure that those who have a S1 will not know about the S2 until their 30 day return policy is up.
    verizon would never do that...that is, well, barbaric! But in all seriousness...why would verizon care if they sell off the S1? All Verizon cares about is selling plans, right? So maybe they are afraid of not having enough units yet, or not having an OS they like yet?
    "Business to business. The old fashion way. No blackberries. No websites. I would like to see a website deliver baskets of food to people." Michael Scott
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,673 Global Posts

Everyone is upset because Verizon won't set a date? WOW, this is just too funny.
    Mike
    First Storm - Nov. 23, 2008
    9530 - .328 / 9550 - .713 / 9630 .591 / iPhone iOS4
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    the tail on the trolls.

I am not upset at all. I know its coming and we already know the specs and saw the videos. We read the reviews from last week and it has already gone through the FCC. I am truly excited. My theory is that they sent out the units last week to some of the critics to test the waters and now they are doing some last minute changes to the OS. They are probably also building up inventory because if we recall last year, they kept running out of stock.
    Take a penny from every American and you will be a millionaire. Take 99 cents for an "App" and the possibilities are endless.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Rch1214 View Post
    verizon would never do that...that is, well, barbaric! But in all seriousness...why would verizon care if they sell off the S1? All Verizon cares about is selling plans, right? So maybe they are afraid of not having enough units yet, or not having an OS they like yet?
    because then Verizon has a ton of storm 1's that they cant sell.. Lol. The phones arent donated by rim.. Several hundred per handset.. Times that by 200,000+ devices. lol
    VZW Sales

Global Posts
    5,261 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrafied View Post
    Everyone is upset because Verizon won't set a date? WOW, this is just too funny.
    Not upset I could careless really.

I use my Tour and will not replace my Tour with the Storm2. I just want it so I can develop apps for it.

I just want to know what Verizon has to gain by not releasing a date. Verizon is a company and they want to make as much money as possible. I'm just wondering if they wont release a date in order to make more money or if they wont release it due to a problem.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    s and needles

I'd rather them not give me a date and than give me one and not meet the deadline.
    You would have to pry my BB from my cold dead hands!!!!
    PIN: 30485310
    T.H. Council FM
    CrackBerry User

Why not do like Apple and starve the retail channel of the old model ahead of the new model's release?

Oh, wait, this is the double-CEO RIM we're talking about. With the one CEO who says "bugs are fine."

Verizon really isn't so awful, but a fixed date would be nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast