Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to get icons off main screen?????

I am new to the blackberry storm 2 I just got my phone yesterday. I was wondering how to get the icons off of the home screen. I put a picture up as the wallpaper but the icons are blocking some of the picture. Is there any way to get them off of the home screen? I can still get to them from the menu button so I don't really want them on the home screen. Please help. Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

With all icons showing: Hit BB button -> Options -> Layout
    Last edited by hilmar2k; 04-02-2010 at 11:16 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I don't see anything that says layout when I hit options.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You might want to check out some themes like elle where there are no icons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

He doesn't want to hide specific items, he wants to remove them so they don't block the wallpaper.

Try this:

BB button > BB button > Options

I can't check because i have a custom theme installed which doesnt have any icons on the home screen, but if I remember correctly, you can edit it there.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by eorlando View Post
    I don't see anything that says layout when I hit options.
    With all of the icons showing, hit the BB button, choose Options, and you should get this screen:

How to get icons off main screen?????-blackberry_pictures_ql_1042123329.jpg
    CrackBerry Abuser

Here is what it looks like when you hit the BB button, just choose Options.

How to get icons off main screen?????-blackberry_pictures_ql_1042123558.jpg
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thanks I got it. I just set it to one row and I can see most of the picture now. One more question. My battery life seems pretty crappy. I charged the phone last night and I am down to less than half of the battery life and I haven't used the phone a ton. Is this normal or do I have a junk battery. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thanks I got it. I just set it to one row and I can see most of the picture now. One more question. My battery life seems pretty crappy. I charged the phone last night and I am down to less than half of the battery life and I haven't used the phone a ton. Is this normal or do I have a junk battery. Thanks!
    I have wifi and GPS on all the time, with BT turned on only when I use it (rarely), and moderate use (not much voice, mostly data). I take my phone off the charger at about 7:30 AM and by 10:30 PM I am down to about 35%.
    CrackBerry Abuser

That's about normal for me but I am constantly on my phone. Lol. How much do you use and do you keep a lot of apps open? Are you maybe in a bad signal zone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com