Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation how to clean esn? (storm2 9550)

my phone is storm2
    network - verizon . but i want esn clean .
    I'm in china
    no need verizon
    how to clean esn?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,967 Global Posts
    PIN
    Only my hairdresser knows for sure!

Dawn dish soap works pretty well. j/k

I don't think there is a way to clean the ESN. Once its been disabled by Verizon, I think its done. You can try calling them to find out for sure though.
    Romans 1:16 - I'm not ashamed, are you?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,141 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBCE4E

Once the ESN is "blacklisted" or disabled, the phone can't be activated, even on a GSM carrier...sorry man.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,967 Global Posts
    PIN

Are you sure the ESN is disabled, or are you just trying to unlock the phone to work on your carrier? After re-reading your post, I'm not sure I understand now.

If the ESN was disabled, due to the phone reported lost/stolen, then its toast. If the ESN is still good, but your wanting to unlock it, there is a ton of information here on that subject. Just do a search for unlocking a 9550.

Hope that answers the question.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,890 Global Posts

Borax and a lot of elbow grease! Otherwise you're toast with a disabled ESN!
    HTC Trophy WP7
    BB Play Book 16GB.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts

Actually, I thought that even with a blacklisted ESN he can connect to a GSM network. GSM carriers couldn't verify an ESN number if they wanted to.

I do know you can't 'unban' an ESN. I've heard stories of someone reporting a lost phone to VZW only to find it again and not be able to use due to blacklisted ESN
    The 11/3 Project I like my flawed logic of a raving madman to be a bit funnier.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikestorm View Post
    ...I do know you can't 'unban' an ESN. I've heard stories of someone reporting a lost phone to VZW only to find it again and not be able to use due to blacklisted ESN
    Actually that is not true. My wife recently "lost" her Tour. I reported it lost to Verizon, the next day when it was found I reported it as found, and the phone works just fine.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts

wait wait wait, so if I have a storm 2 with verizon right now. and i get myself a tour and deactivate my storm 2... and i unlock the storm 2 ... i can't sell it as "unlocked and clean ESN" ??????
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,967 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiz1022 View Post
    wait wait wait, so if I have a storm 2 with verizon right now. and i get myself a tour and deactivate my storm 2... and i unlock the storm 2 ... i can't sell it as "unlocked and clean ESN" ??????
    Sure you can. The only time an ESN is not considered "clean" is if its been blacklisted or disabled or banned by the carrier or by RIM, because it was listed as a lost/stolen device. That keeps Joe Dirtbag from enjoying his spoils when he steals your phone (Theoretically).

As long as you or anybody else have never reported your S2 as stolen or lost, you can sell it with a clean ESN.

CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    30FFB6EA

Quote Originally Posted by mikestorm View Post
    Actually, I thought that even with a blacklisted ESN he can connect to a GSM network. GSM carriers couldn't verify an ESN number if they wanted to.

I do know you can't 'unban' an ESN. I've heard stories of someone reporting a lost phone to VZW only to find it again and not be able to use due to blacklisted ESN
    You can use a blacklisted device on a GSM network as a phone. You won't be able to use a data plan or email plan with it though as the PIN gets blacklisted as well.
    They wont let me put what I want in here so "Support our troops and the h3ll with the press"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,967 Global Posts
    PIN

I guess the discussion is really moot anyway, seeing as how the OP never came back for his answer, anyway.

Oh well....so other than that, how's everyone been? Good, I hope.

CrackBerry User

Well don't forget about the guy who simply doesn't pay his bill and sells the phone. I got burnt like that a few months ago. However I was able to get it running on tmobile prepay. Just no pin number or push emails. Should of called the Provider first and checked it.
    whatever you do, take care of your shoes!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts

I bought my phone on eBay and it's working fine. Do you think it's a good idea to check with Verizon just in case it's listed, or just keep my fingers crossed and forget about it?
    MTNL Bold 9780
    Firmware: 6.0.0.546